Not open for further replies.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the link and info.
The problem with the device is when I attempt to charge it, the USB current is typically .000 to .004, instead of .5 A. Does the same thing on AC. I'm using the cable that came with the device, and I've tried other cables as well.
It actually discharges rather than charge.
what happens when you click 'reset charge limit' in device monitor? still not charging?

billgharley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2015
Upstate NY, USA
what happens when you click 'reset charge limit' in device monitor? still not charging?
Tried that before when it first started to act up. So here's something interesting...if I leave the mod charging for several hours it *will* charge although it doesn't say it is (Wh is still zero and USB amps is still .002), but it will give a full charge. Battery life is crappy, seems to last 1/2 as long as it used to.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Tried that before when it first started to act up. So here's something interesting...if I leave the mod charging for several hours it *will* charge although it doesn't say it is (Wh is still zero and USB amps is still .002), but it will give a full charge. Battery life is crappy, seems to last 1/2 as long as it used to.
ya i'd do what tpat said. you might need to purchase a new lipo for your vt200

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
ya i'd do what tpat said. you might need to purchase a new lipo for your vt200
If the battery does not test out properly, you may be able to peel back the wrapping at the leads and look for a bad solder connection at the lead terminals. Been known to happen on these batteries in at least two instances in this thread I believe. Both were able to repair the battery by resoldering the connections.

EDIT: Just opened your attachment in your OP and saw you are reading proper voltages so looks like I'm wrong. Don't suppose you have tried a different known good usb cable for charging in case the cable you are using has a bad connection inside?

Last edited:

billgharley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2015
Upstate NY, USA
If the battery does not test out properly, you may be able to peel back the wrapping at the leads and look for a bad solder connection at the lead terminals. Been known to happen on these batteries in at least two instances in this thread I believe. Both were able to repair the battery by resoldering the connections.

EDIT: Just opened your attachment in your OP and saw you are reading proper voltages so looks like I'm wrong. Don't suppose you have tried a different known good usb cable for charging in case the cable you are using has a bad connection inside?
Yep, tried the cable from my Wismec DNA 200 to no avail.
Finally received a few emails from HCigar (not great support from those folks) and they agreed to fix or replace my device gratis. I'm shipping it to them this week.

Loving the Wismec Reuleaux DNA 200. Although it's quite heavy, battery life is absolutely amazing.

RayTrue04

Nov 9, 2015
Yep, tried the cable from my Wismec DNA 200 to no avail.
Finally received a few emails from HCigar (not great support from those folks) and they agreed to fix or replace my device gratis. I'm shipping it to them this week.

Loving the Wismec Reuleaux DNA 200. Although it's quite heavy, battery life is absolutely amazing.

How long do they take to respond? My VT just died out today with a full charge. Weirdly I can still feel heat generating from it on the side where the display is so I'm not sure if it's battery related or the board itself. I'm not taking any chances with all these ecigarettes in the news from batteries exploding so I have it sitting in my bathtub lol. My next mod won't be a Chinese one. Their batteries are usually awful! On top of that it's only 4 months old smh

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
How long do they take to respond? My VT just died out today with a full charge. Weirdly I can still feel heat generating from it on the side where the display is so I'm not sure if it's battery related or the board itself. I'm not taking any chances with all these ecigarettes in the news from batteries exploding so I have it sitting in my bathtub lol. My next mod won't be a Chinese one. Their batteries are usually awful! On top of that it's only 4 months old smh
If Hcigar tries to wiggle out of warranty the DNA 200 is warranted by Evolv for 1 year. Your can try to contact them directly. If they don't offer to fix it directly for you they can pressure Hcigar on your behalf.

RayTrue04

Nov 9, 2015
If Hcigar tries to wiggle out of warranty the DNA 200 is warranted by Evolv for 1 year. Your can try to contact them directly. If they don't offer to fix it directly for you they can pressure Hcigar on your behalf.

Alright thanks. I wrote Hcigar just waiting on a response. If I don't hear back by Monday I'll contact Evolv with the link on the previous page. Sucks I have no other mod so I'll be vapeless for a while. Maybe when I get a replacement I'll sell it and get another dna200 mod that isn't Chinese made. Originally I wanted the Vaporshark but of course the blue VT made me leap at it with no cares.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Alright thanks. I wrote Hcigar just waiting on a response. If I don't hear back by Monday I'll contact Evolv with the link on the previous page. Sucks I have no other mod so I'll be vapeless for a while. Maybe when I get a replacement I'll sell it and get another dna200 mod that isn't Chinese made. Originally I wanted the Vaporshark but of course the blue VT made me leap at it with no cares.
It may be a Chinese mod but the chip is made by an American company with unparalleled customer service. When you contact them they will probably have you mail them the mod and replace the chip for you and return it to you within a week. If however they are trying to educate Hcigar on proper customer service you may get caught up in that political situation and have to return it to Hcigar on principle. That would take a lot longer.

RayTrue04

Nov 9, 2015
It may be a Chinese mod but the chip is made by an American company with unparalleled customer service. When you contact them they will probably have you mail them the mod and replace the chip for you and return it to you within a week. If however they are trying to educate Hcigar on proper customer service you may get caught up in that political situation and have to return it to Hcigar on principle. That would take a lot longer.

I know the chip is American made. My thing is in regards to batteries. I used to get Chinese replacement batteries for my phones in the past. They all were rated lower than the advertised mah and die out fast. Being that we all have our VT200 set at different mah suggest battery is still a flaw for Chinese makers. But I'm willing to abide by whatever rules as long as they do the right thing and warranty my almost $200 purchase. Guess I'll go buy a temp cheap mod in the meanwhile.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I know the chip is American made. My thing is in regards to batteries. I used to get Chinese replacement batteries for my phones in the past. They all were rated lower than the advertised mah and die out fast. Being that we all have our VT200 set at different mah suggest battery is still a flaw for Chinese makers. But I'm willing to abide by whatever rules as long as they do the right thing and warranty my almost $200 purchase. Guess I'll go buy a temp cheap mod in the meanwhile.
Never hurts to have backups Like a Nebox for travel & an Evic VTC for home.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
The vapers motto - Backups for my backups :D

IMG_20160304_114738_zpsfzas6rj5.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

RayTrue04

Nov 9, 2015

True. Give a brother a break though. I've just started vaping back on Oct when I decided to put down the analogs and this was my first mod. Didn't think it would give up on me that fast. At that price range I thought it would kick for a long while. I now know better and will be buying a back up as I'm sure this replacement process will be quite the process.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
True. Give a brother a break though. I've just started vaping back on Oct when I decided to put down the analogs and this was my first mod. Didn't think it would give up on me that fast. At that price range I thought it would kick for a long while. I now know better and will be buying a back up as I'm sure this replacement process will be quite the process.
Congrats on getting off analogs. Backup mods are always necessary no matter what you are using. Not criticizing, just pointing out a fact.

DNA200s from the early days had many issues. Bought my Hana in July & by August it crapped out. It happens. Hana blew me off with my service requests & wanted to charge me to fix it. Called Evolv & since I had already removed the board, they asked me to send it in. Had the replacement board within 5 days for the cost of my shipping of the board to them. They covered the return shipping.

Call or fill out a trouble ticket with Evolv. If you can get then to take pity on you, it will be a fairly fast process.

Last edited:
Reactions: RayTrue04

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Wow! So which is your favorite DNA200 Mod?
Well right now it's the Blood Red Lavabox. I get what you are asking though. I'm usually using either one of the Lavabox(s) or the VT200. They feel the best in hand (personal preference), are relatively light, and easy to pocket. I use them all, but those are my favorites. If I want long battery life I'd use the Reuleaux or the DX200 and bring along a spare set of 18650's. They all work the same and I haven't had any problems with any of them.

PS I'm using the Blood Red Lavabox as I type this :)

Cheers,
Steve

RayTrue04

Nov 9, 2015
Congrats on getting off analogs. Backup mods are always necessary no matter what you are using. Not criticizing, just pointing out a fact.

DNA200s from the early days had many issues. Bought my Hana in July & by August it crapped out. It happens. Hana blew me off with my service requests & wanted to charge me to fix it. Called Evolv & since I had already removed the board, they asked me to send it in. Had the replacement board within 5 days for the cost of my shipping of the board to them. They covered the return shipping.

Call or fill out a trouble ticket with Evolv. If you can get then to take pity on you, it will be a fairly fast process.

Filled out a ticket with Evolv as suggested. The response was extremely fast! Mod is on it's way to them. Of course, before they even got the device to diagnose, they gave me the usual if it's battery related we don't cover it but you can purchase one from us and went on to say they only have a 900mah lipo for around twenty bucks. I think it's the board but we'll see. In other news, I can't believe Hcigar didn't even bother responding. Sad they'll leave their customers for dead on quite a pricey gadget, might be the last for me. Well thanks for the help/suggestions Tpat! Will be omw later to get a new mod for now, b4 I can't resist the urge of smoking an analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread