Hcigar VT75 DNA mod glitching into power lock mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
Hey, It's been a while since I've posted anything on here. I guess I only post when something goes wrong.

Well I've been using my VT75 dna mod for about 1 and a half years now. It's been working great until last night.

I went to use it, and it kept going into power locked mode. I would click it 5 times and it would still read locked. I plugged it into the computer and tried doing a hard reboot and nothing seemed to work. I could click it 5 times and then go to change the mode and it would allow me to change modes, but the second I went to fire it would go into locked mode.

I was able to get it to work sometimes by unscrewing the top screw shown in the picture and it would work for about a minute and then go back to locking itself. This was about 11pm last night and I was getting mad. Finally I grabbed a pocket knife which I was using to mess with the screw and I hit the side of the mod really hard about 7 times and it started working. It's been working since I've done that, but I wanted to know if anyone has had this issue and if they know of a way to fix it.

I am looking at re flashing the firmware, but I can't find a link to the stable releases, I can only find the early release link.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Here is the screw I was messing with to get it to work temporarily.

tZcO5HO.jpg

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
Well I bought another VT75. I hope it ships fast. But I'm using my pico for now. I took the VT75 apart as far as I could and I can see the back side of the board has got quite a bit of eLiquid on it.

Anyone know how to remove the board from the VT75? Or a way to clean it? If I can't figure it out, evolvapor gave me an RMA I can use to return it and have them look at it.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread