Locking in resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

rommel19540

Nov 22, 2015
I'm new to temp control. Actually a year ago I purchased my first APV, an Eleaf 40w tc mod. I experimented with its tc functions but didn't see much difference between that an VW mode. I read somewhere the Eleaf's TC wasn't the best on the market so I basically let it go till now. I have a Joytech Cuboid on the way and I'm super excited about the enormous increase in power I'm about to get plus figure now is good time re-experiment with TC. I still had a Kanger Ni coil laying around and popped it into my tank and now I'm using it on the Eleaf until the Cuboid arrives.
OK sorry for long intro. Question is when and how often do I lock the resistance at room temp. Obviously when putting new coil in but what about the next day after device has sat unused thru the night. Do I need to re-lock it in? What if I change tanks to say a VW coil then go back to a TC tank but with the same coil I had previously locked in. Do I need to reset it?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm new to temp control. Actually a year ago I purchased my first APV, an Eleaf 40w tc mod. I experimented with its tc functions but didn't see much difference between that an VW mode. I read somewhere the Eleaf's TC wasn't the best on the market so I basically let it go till now. I have a Joytech Cuboid on the way and I'm super excited about the enormous increase in power I'm about to get plus figure now is good time re-experiment with TC. I still had a Kanger Ni coil laying around and popped it into my tank and now I'm using it on the Eleaf until the Cuboid arrives.
OK sorry for long intro. Question is when and how often do I lock the resistance at room temp. Obviously when putting new coil in but what about the next day after device has sat unused thru the night. Do I need to re-lock it in? What if I change tanks to say a VW coil then go back to a TC tank but with the same coil I had previously locked in. Do I need to reset it?

The reason for locking the resistance is to calibrate the device so that the temperature values are correct.

1: The shortest answer would be: you could just don't bother much about locking it, and just adjust temperature up or down according to taste; it just means the temperature value shown on the screen would be inaccurate

2: You should theorectically only need to lock resistance whenever you connect a new coil.
When you are actually using the device you should monitor the ohms, and you will get an idea how much ohm variation you get over a period of days.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
With the Joytech and Wismec devices you don't really need to lock the resistance. I don't do it. It's useful so you don't get the new or old coil question if you take your tank of for refilling but other than that it's not of much use.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: rommel19540
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread