HCIGAR VT75

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
That's so wierd because the VT75 Nano does. Also, if you look at videos and pics of the VT75 26650 you can see a shiny reflective screen on it.
When did you guys get yours?
I picked mine up new from a B&M who sells all high end gear, they might have peeled it off as the VT75 comes from them all preconfigured with wire types and a custom start screen. They had setup the mod Resistance, Battery Analyzer data for the Brillipower 4500 and entered Case Analyzer data for my unit.

Reactions: tejas

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Texas, US of A
Wow this is making me think differently of the HCigar company goes as far as consistency goes.
Nano on the right. My previous 26650 version had this exact shiny screen covering the dna screen. As you can see on the left it now has a bare screen.
EYOrWof.jpg

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I managed to keep the screen protector on my HΩ Wrecker G2 for a week. Then a corner started to lift and it had to come off... :lol:

Yeah... in a thread about one of mine (RX or VTC maybe?) it was the claim that the overlay was tinted and possibly even blurring the screen text.

It wasn't... shoulda left the damn thing on. :p

But I think some are getting a little too invested in the issue.

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Texas, US of A
Oh, in that case, yes all 3 of mine have them then :)
Thanks so much for the clarification. I knew I wasn't taking crazy pills.
According to HCigar it's a variance between different batches which sucks for me. :eek:
Why would they do that? Especially the price they charge for this thing.

gratefulbuddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
KC MO USA
I have noticed, after that screen factory/warehouse fire months back, the display color and brightness as well as the texture of the front glass for all the DNA big-screens is extremely inconsistent. Potentially they have been forced into sourcing from multiple producers to meet demand since then.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
I wanted to check the size of the Nano next to the original VT75 that I packed away and discovered they are different reds! :mad:

Needless to say, I am totally PO'd about this. The original is a MUCH deeper red and the Nano looks anemic next to it! I'll try to get a pic that will capture the difference. I can't believe I didn't notice it right away. It's not bad enough for me to send it back but still I'm ticked.

Also, the threading on the battery door is crunchy. I applied a little no-ox which took care of the problem.

After receiving the red nano, I ordered a black which is quite beautiful and the threading is buttery smooth. I probably wouldn't have noticed the color difference of the two if I didn't have the original VT75.

Now as far as the vape quality of all three... fantastic. :)

tejas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
East Texas
I finally got around to ordering the "calibration tool". It arrived today. When I used the 12g copper ground wire, on the Tsunami, the mod resistance reading was .012-.013. | .0125 X .8 = .01
With the tool, it's .007-.008, mod set at .007. Glad I got it.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
I finally got around to ordering the "calibration tool". It arrived today. When I used the 12g copper ground wire, on the Tsunami, the mod resistance reading was .012-.013. | .0125 X .8 = .01
With the tool, it's .007-.008, mod set at .007. Glad I got it.
0.007/8 still sounds kind of high. Are you cranking the calibration tool all the way down till you can't screw it down further? And are the threads on your 510 clean (I ask because all of mine came filthy).

The highest I've seen reported so far with this mod is around 0.005. All 3 of mine are between 0.003-0.004, personally.

tejas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
East Texas
0.007/8 still sounds kind of high. Are you cranking the calibration tool all the way down till you can't screw it down further? And are the threads on your 510 clean (I ask because all of mine came filthy).

The highest I've seen reported so far with this mod is around 0.005. All 3 of mine are between 0.003-0.004, personally.
After reading your post, I cleaned the threads (they weren't very dirty), and then carefully cranked the tool down. New reading is .004. Thank you very much. :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Ok... here's a picture taken outside... somewhat cloudy here.
View attachment 586217 View attachment 586219
My hubby couldn't see the difference but I could... I think he may be slightly color-blind. :laugh:

or maybe it's a matter of perception ;)

Whatever it is, the vape quality is phenomenal. :thumbs:

I'll partially side with your hubby. There is a tiny difference, but not enough to be noticeable unless those two were right next to one another. Then again, maybe my color vision is weak like your hubby.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
I'll partially side with your hubby. There is a tiny difference, but not enough to be noticeable unless those two were right next to one another. Then again, maybe my color vision is weak like your hubby.

But you DID see a difference, he didn't see any difference at all. :laugh:

I was being too picky because in the end, I love this little guy and I use it much more than the original. The vape quality is excellent and fits perfectly in my hand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread