Head ohms and expired juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Hello all, I just have two quick questions, currently I just have an EVOD battery and EVOD clearomizer(tank/whatever the true term is) and I only have 2 heads left, and I was just wondering what getting a different ohm rated 5pack of heads would do to the quality of vape? Currently I have been using the 2.5 ohm that came with the kit, would getting a lower ohm head make more vape or enhance flavor or last longer or anything like that since I won't be changing the battery?

Also I kinda sorta ordered a lot of juice lately, just got 100ml worth and I still had about 50ml from the last order left (I go through about 3ml a day) is any of my juice going to expire or go bad? I have them stashed away in my night stand but yeah I just was curious how long juice stays good.

Thanks in advance for the info!! (Also finally made it to 1 week analog free!! I owe it to everyone on ECF.)

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Only expiration date I've seen on my juices state 24 month expiry as long as its stored in a cool dark place.
As for the evod heads for a standard ego style battery, I would go with either the 1.8 or 2.2 ohm heads. 2.5 ohms on a battery with ~3.7v output just doesn't come close to doing the flavor of your juice any justice. That being said, some juices do taste better at lower power...
My other advice, though you didn't ask for it, would be to get yourself a variable voltage device. Then, resistance doesn't really matter cuz you can just adjust your voltage up or down to get the vape you're looking for.
Best of luck.

Mrsobie

Sep 10, 2013
Texas
I have found getting a higher ohm had enhanced my flavor and made them last longer I moved up to the 2.6-2.8 ohm and it was like a whole new vape experience. I use the halo triton kit at home 900mah batt and out I use the 450mah and use the same coil ohm for both if you go down in ohms it makes a hotter vape so if you don't have a ticket juice it will most likely burn your juice

analog free since August 27 th 2013

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Anything between 2.0-2.2Ω should perform fine on a 3.7v battery. [Classic eGo batteries can only deliver 3.3v under load, so you might need 1.8Ω atty for them].

Jjuices don't really expire--the nicotine may lose some of its strength and the flavor may change, but they are safe to vape for at 2 good years if not longer. Just keep them in a dark and cool place.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Awesome! thanks for the information! I guess I'll have to try a lower resistance head and see how that works! That's great to hear juice lasts a while cause there's no way I'm going through all this juice that fast, and as soon as I have a spare $30 I was wanting to get a eGo C-twist battery and start dabbling with new batteries and such. Thanks again for all the info and advice

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Awesome! thanks for the information! I guess I'll have to try a lower resistance head and see how that works! That's great to hear juice lasts a while cause there's no way I'm going through all this juice that fast, and as soon as I have a spare $30 I was wanting to get a eGo C-twist battery and start dabbling with new batteries and such. Thanks again for all the info and advice

They'll last a while! I have a friend who's vaping his 4-year old juice as we speak--I wouldn't, though! :facepalm:

Have you considered a Vision Spinner? Same as eGo Twist but less expensive and the dial is much easier to read. I own both and I prefer the Spinner.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Double post--the forum is acting up again. Sorry!

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
The Evods (both the battery and clearomizer) are ego/510 threaded meaning you can use them with other 510/ego threaded stuff. Personally, I think the 1300 mah Spinners are too long to justify their longer battery life. However, there are many people on here that use them. Just an FYI.

As far as the Evod heads go, you should try out the 1.8 ohm ones. You will definitely get improved performance over the 2.5 with your Evod battery. Don't feel like you have to go VV to get a good vape. The 1.8 ohm heads will really increase the vapor production of the battery you already have. I didn't care for the VV ego battery uch and just went straight into mods.

I'll echo all the great comments on low resistance (1.5 - 1.8ohm) heads for your EVOD. For me thats the best combo for what you are using.

For me personally, that vision spinner is poor quality. I've had 2 of them start to fall apart on me.

I do have to disagree with some of the "juice doesn't go bad" comments. I find that they do go bad, some quicker than others. Certainly the flavorings degrade over time. Also, I find that VG juices don't last as long on the shelf. I have a 2 year old mostly PG fluid that is still great, and I've had some go sour after only a few months. To be fair, there is no telling how old it was when they shipped it to me without a "born on" date.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The beauty of owning a vv battery is that you don't ever have to worry about the resistance of your atomizers because you can simply adjust the voltage to get the wattage you want. With a set voltage battery, like the eVod, you're stuck with 3.7v so you have to make sure that the atty you buy has the resistance you like--and then you're stuck again with the same wattage for your juices and no ability to finetune the power of your vape--unless you own several different resistance atomizers for different juices. I prefer my tobacco and coffee flavors on higher wattages than my fruit and other delicate flavors, for example.

You can get a vv battery for around 20 bucks, look for sales and coupon codes. Just get one and play with it. There are several good vv batteries on the market, including the eGo Twist, Vision Spinner and Smoktech VV, just to name a few. And they are all compatible with the hardware you already own.

Good luck and happy vaping.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
using a 1.8ohm coil on a 3.7volt ego, you are burning at ~7.61 watts, using a 2.5ohm coil and it's ~5.47 watts. I usually prefer around 10 watts +or- 2 watts depending on juice flavor. Have found when I used an ego style battery, I preferred the 1.8ohm coils, plus your coil will heat up faster at the lower ohm, lest wait time for that first vape. When I build a coil I aim for 1.2-1.5ohms

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
using a 1.8ohm coil on a 3.7volt ego, you are burning at ~7.61 watts, using a 2.5ohm coil and it's ~5.47 watts. I usually prefer around 10 watts +or- 2 watts depending on juice flavor. Have found when I used an ego style battery, I preferred the 1.8ohm coils, plus your coil will heat up faster at the lower ohm, lest wait time for that first vape. When I build a coil I aim for 1.2-1.5ohms

Ego style batteries run only at 3.3v, so 1.8Ω is just fine. 1.8Ω atty on 3.7v may be a bit too warm for some juices.

I like 6-8.5 Watts. We are all different--that's why a vv battery is such a nice thing. It lets you tweak your wattage.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
ego's can range from 3.2- 4.2V. Once the stored energy starts to be used, will experience voltage drop off with most batteries Was just stating what one at 3.7 would create to give the op a general idea of what to expect at 3.7 volts with a 1.8ohm coil. Well aware of the advantages of vv devices, especially the ones that have a built in ohm meter, like the Provari. Was just turning the crank of ohms law, V squared divided by ohms yields watts. Even at 4.2 volts you'd still be a tad under 10 watts with a 1.8ohm coil, which is fine if you have good air flow. imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread