• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Headaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaconda

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Freddy Beach, NB, Canada
When I first started vaping, I did tons. It was the first time in years, that I did in on my own couch, I don't like the stench of analogs in the house. So because of this, I found myself going EVERYWHERE with my PV in hand, which meant I was puffing on it all the time, with lots of headaches. Not even water was curing that.

I dropped my Nic from 24 down to 18mg's and blamo, no more headaches. Well maybe once in a blue moon when I get a new batch of juice in and have to try them all in one sitting... hahaha. :)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If you are quitting smoking and transitioning to vaping I wouldn't be too quick to attribute it to too much nicotine. If you look at that standard ACS chart of possible symptoms when quitting smoking "headaches" is right up there. Personally I went through major withdrawal in my first two weeks of vaping while dropping my smoking from a 1.5 PAD habit down to 4 cigarettes a day. I had chronic, but mild, headaches during those first two weeks. But if anything it felt like major nicotine withdrawal rather than nicotine overload. Regardless, the headache problem can and will go away. Do feel free to play with the nic level if you think it's a problem. But keep in mind that removing smoking from your body is putting it through a hell of a lot of changes which will cause physical and mental/cognition problems you need to get through. It's easier - and worse - for every individual.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Great advice :) I too suspect my headaches were from giving up smokes not vaping. Water helped also. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes and no! Nicotine is not felt instantaneously like smoking in the system, so it very easy to over do it in the beginning. Besides the chain smokers, few seldom smoked 2 cigies in a row and usually put the 2nd one out half way through it.

Although now @ 8mg from 24-30 twnety some odd months ago, I can over do it while sitting at the computer. No foul though and usually will refrain from vaping as I have no need to. I don't get headaches just feel unmotivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread