HEADS UP - NEWS - UPDATES! (When we know, you'll know!)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
SWITCHING IS QUITTING: In the UK, public health officially endorses vaping to quit smoking. Lisa may still consume nicotine, but she has QUIT SMOKING, reducing her health risks by at least 95%. It's not the nicotine that causes the harm, it's the SMOKE!
Wigan mum who almost died pleads with smokers to quit

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
NATIONAL: (CALL TO ACTION UPDATE!) Ask President Trump to demand Congress remove the ban on mailing vapor products from the 2021 omnibus bill to preserve adult consumer access to life-saving vapor products and save thousands of vaping-related online jobs!

Call to Action - Keep Vape Mail Legal - Reject S. 1253

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
Of course, but call them out in what other way? CASAA shares all of these posts (very often exposing lies) on social media, for members to use to call out the liars there, but it's nearly impossible to get any media coverage. CASAA needs much higher membership numbers, in order to be seen as a force to be reckoned with, and much, MUCH greater funding, if they're expected to buy advertising and lobbying. CASAA would love that, but unfortunately, they have limited resources.
You're in the thick of the fight and I'm not, so please don't think I'm being presumptuous or anything. Here are two thoughts:

Mightn't a large manufacturer -- on the order of Vaporesso's parent company -- consider investing some money in preserving their US market? Maybe at least enough to buy a full-page ad in a few local newspapers and/or 1 drive-time minute on a local radio station or 2 in the districts of the House sponsors that got the Jenkins & PACT acts appended to the budget/relief legislation? Just enough space/time to name the congresspeople & demand they explain why they pushed for regulation that defies all the evidence, will hurt thousands of people & businesses, and will encourage smoking, all slipped into a massive bill that no congressperson read before voting?

A friend of mine was thrown out of a doctors office for bringing in her service dog. This was against the law. She contacted every local paper & TV station asking them to do a news story about the incident. One email sent to multiple addresses. She wanted only to spread awareness of the law & prevent anything similar from happening to others. Only 1 outlet, a TV station, was interested in the story. That was enough. They did a brief piece. That one local piece led to an article in Good Housekeeping, a national magazine. Also to a hearing at the state legislature about clarifying the law & increasing penalties for violating it, leading to a bill that passed. The doctor was fined 6-figures and had to have his staff trained re: service dogs.

I've seen you on YouTube, kristin. You're adorable & well-spoken, and would be great on TV. Most adults over 30 still get most of their information from legacy media. And it's not so lost as in the flood of drek that is social media.

I don't mean to tell you your business. It's just that, like all of us, I care and the dishonesty of the anti-vaping effort angers me. Maybe it's pointless against all the money the opposition has, but maybe things like this are worth CASAA's considering if they haven't been already.

Thank you for reading. Happy holidays.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
NATIONAL: (UPDATE) President Trump has signed the 2021 omnibus bill, INCLUDING the “Preventing Online Sales of E-Cigarettes to Children Act” (ie “Vape Mail Ban.”) Oh, the irony of a government tax-spending bill killing tax-generating businesses AND greatly risking the health of its adult citizens by making much safer nicotine products more difficult to purchase than deadly cigarettes during a pandemic!

Trump signs $900B COVID relief package he called 'disgrace'

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
EXPOSING MEDIA ANTI-VAPING BIAS: Headline claims "Vaping Found to Cause Mental Fog," except article admits it's just as likely "that persons who experience mental fog are more prone to [smoke] or vape, perhaps self-medicate." Clearly, the researchers did NOT find vaping to "cause" brain fog in people of ANY age and this is a "chicken or egg" scenario of not knowing which came first.

Additionally, the article claims "Nicotine intake by vaping likely induces trouble with mental control," yet researchers are testing nicotine as a treatment for Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and other neurological conditions.

Vaping Found to Cause Mental Fog Even in Young Teens

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
HEADS UP-NEWS-UPDATES: President signs omnibus that makes vape U.S. mail ban official. Exposing anti-vaping bias in media reporting. Take the poll: Massachusetts flavor ban. Oregon's 65% vape tax kicks in. FDA charges huge fee for making hand sanitizer during shortage. Don't forget to take the 2020 vaping consumer survey!

Vaping Mail Ban Signed, Exposing Media Bias & More!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
FDA INSANITY: Vape manufacturers registered with FDA as a monograph drug facility to make hand sanitizer for pandemic may also get the $14,060 bill from FDA (due Feb. 11) even if they donated most or all of product. Must UN-register by Jan. 1 to avoid owing additional $14,060!

When There Wasn't Enough Hand Sanitizer, Distilleries Stepped Up. Now They're Facing $14,060 FDA Fees.
I believe the FDA has rescinded this idiocy:
Feds rescind $14,000 fees billed to NH distilleries for making hand sanitizer

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Yes, my apologies, I completely forgot to share this here:

NATIONAL: (UPDATE) HSS orders FDA to back down from charging distilleries and vape manufacturers huge fees for making hand sanitizer during pandemic shortage.

full

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
VAPE JUNK SCIENCE: Researchers illogically claim two of the e-liquid ingredients that are "generally recognized as safe" by the FDA for use in FOOD and medicines (PG & VG) somehow "may" cause leaky gut/chronic inflammation...if you vape them. #QuitLying

Chronic gut inflammation triggered by e-cigarette use

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
CONNECTICUT: (HEADS UP!) General Assembly anti-vaping bills, including a ban on the sale of all nicotine products in pharmacies, e-cigarette sales within five miles of schools and Gov. Lamont's flavor ban! Join and follow CASAA for Call to Action updates!

Lawmakers push to limit vaping products, ban flavors

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
VAPING JUNK SCIENCE: Researchers continue ignoring 10+ years of REAL WORLD DATA showing increased youth vaping has NOT led to increased smoking in youth, young adults or adults. Instead, there's been record low smoking rates for all age groups! #QuitLying

Youth vaping threatens to wipe out gains in cigarette use, health experts warn

CASE IN POINT: A study recently published in JAMA Network Open found that "youth cigarette and smokeless tobacco use has been declining over the past few decades. This decline has ACCELERATED since the introduction of electronic cigarettes."
Youth are Using Fewer Cigarette and Smokeless Tobacco Products in Recent Decades - Psychiatry Advisor

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

Users who are viewing this thread