The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Health concerns about vaping

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by !!Curious!!, Nov 11, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. !!Curious!!

!!Curious!! New Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Hey Guys,

I really hope this question isn't posted all the time but I am just kinda concerned because of the current vaping discussion.
    So I started vaping 2 months ago. Generally I hit my Smok Trinity Alpha three to four times a day and if I do so I just go for the buzz. Two deep inhales (until the LED turns from green to white) and then just enjoy it. I make sure that I live an active lifestyle with a ....load of sport. However, since vaping is presented I am concerned if there might be some severe dangers connected to this vaping behavior.
    I really hope you don't perceive this as troll post.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,
    Why do you think we would not perceive this as a troll post?
    You admit to beginning to vape during a time of heavy media reporting of an unknown "vape illness" that kills mostly young men.

If you are not a smoker or a nicotine user, common sense dictates that you should not vape.
    If you are worried, see your doctor.

Cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. !!Curious!!

!!Curious!! New Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Hi I smoked Hookah for a long time, gave vaping a shot and liked it.
    I'm aware that doctors might be the right source for any medical advice. However, I often perceive it that doctors themselves don't know what's going on with current topics and often times overgeneralize. I know that THC cartridges can be sketchy but I don't know if the presented severe health issues can also occur with vape products. I wanted to look for an honest report from long-time users because I find them more reliable in this circumstance than overgeneralized news.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    As long as you buy quality eliquids, or make your own from quality ingredients, you shouldn't have an issue. Same with your devices. No sketchy stuff, used properly and cared for.

If you have an allergy to any of the ingredients.. all bets are off.

Also, soon, you will have adapted to the nicotine and no more buzz unless you stretch it out that 3-4 times a day to 3 or 4 times a week...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Horselady154

Horselady154 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    Nicotine vaping is for smokers wanting to get off and stay off combustible cigarettes. If that is not you, you should not be vaping, in my opinion. Nicotine vaping is far better for you than smoking, but doing neither is better for you.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Welcome to ecf.

• Like Like x 1
  7. plumeguy

plumeguy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

X vaping is fine. Y vaping is definitely linked to lung injury.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Odell Poteus

Odell Poteus New Member

Dec 3, 2019
    København, Danmark
    [QUOTE = "!! Curious !!, post: 22239079, member: 354825"]
    Hey Guys,

I really hope this question isn't posted all the time but I am just kinda concerned because of the current vaping discussion.
    So I started vaping 2 months ago. Generally I hit my Smok Trinity Alpha three to four times a day and if I do so I just go for the buzz. Two deep inhales (until the LED turns from green to white) and then just enjoy it. I make sure that I live an active lifestyle with a ....load of sport. However, since vaping is presented I am concerned if there might be some severe dangers connected to this vaping behavior.
    I really hope you don't perceive this as troll post.
    [/ QUOTE]

It is very serious and worthy of respect. I fully support

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. sonicbomb
    This message by sonicbomb has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jan 21, 2020, Reason: Inappropriate.
    Dec 5, 2019
  10. vBDKv

vBDKv Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    It's better than smoking. 101.
    If you dont smoke already, then don't vape.

The ultimate goal is to quit completely, and with vaping you have total control of your nicotine intake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Perhaps that is your goal, but please don't assume (or imply) that it is (or should be) everyone's goal.

• Agree Agree x 8
  12. vBDKv

vBDKv Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    Ah sorry, yes of course :) I'm sure most people aim to quit all together, but if they don't it's fine. You do you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    I'm curious: What makes you think that most people who've successful switched to vaping "aim to quit"?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I wonder this too. I have zero desire to quit vaping kind of ever. Because, if I did I know I would return to smoking fairly quickly. There is something to be said for vaping to quit, for SOME people.

I was a three ppd smoker for decades and I tried EVERYTHING to quit. Except hypnosis (I can't do it) or Chantix. But, literally everything else.

So uh, I have found a viable substitute (for me) which, I am certain has SOME impact on my health (that can't really be measured yet) and I have ZERO ZERO no desire to quit vaping. I would return to smoking eventually, continued vaping until my death is probably safer "for ME."

YOU may want to quit, which is fine but don't speak for all vapers, it's not really fair.

Vaping is not harm free I don't think. I would not advise a non smoker to begin the habit. But, well, whatever. If you do, you do.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    I tried hypnosis once. It worked -- for roughly half a day. :blush:

• Funny Funny x 2