Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi I'm new to this and with all the studies/possible misinformation out there I was wondering if any long term vapors are experiencing health issues?

I've been vaping exclusively for almost 3 years now (had my last cig April first, 2012) after smoking a pack a day for 37 years. I really wanted to quit smoking because my doctor told me I had a mild case of COPD at the time. I was feeling it too and I knew something was wrong.

I know the lung damage smoking for all those years caused is still there, but after a few months it improved to the point that I did not feel it any more and that's still the case now. I have not had any negative effects from vaping. My doctor also approves :)

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Maybe take a look at this:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...hen-quitting-tobacco-changing-ecigarette.html

There is no short answer to your question, and there is no straightforward, honest answer, unless it is phrased as a scientist would:

"Currently we have seen remarkably few credible adverse events that can reasonably be associated with vaping rather than the previous smoking history, or with smoking cessation - which has numerous well-documented minor morbidities associated with it.

Because of this, and the relatively large userbase already in place for this new technology (circa 25 million globally), and the significant timescale we already have experience of the products for (c. 9 years), and the fact we are already close to halfway to a 20 year mark that most clinicians would consider appropriate for evaluating the health impact of vaping, without any serious issues being revealed, then it is probably accurate to suggest that the health impact of vaping will eventually be shown as orders of magnitude less than for smoking. Indeed, it would be no surprise to learn that any serious health issues are not clinically significant. Equally, there will probably be multiple minor issues such as bronchitis in some individuals, for all sorts of reasons such as intolerance to specific brand ingredients or individual susceptibility to lung issues for genetic reasons - but the majority of these should prove reversible. It would be no surprise to learn of infrequent deaths of smokers or ex-smokers who vape, but it is difficult or impossible in practice to differentiate between various causes, such as the previous smoking history, which is highly likely to be the primary cause."

I tried to make this honest and accurate, in the style of a clinician with intimate knowledge of the issues. It's not a 10-word answer though.

The short version is: after about 9 years of vaping in the West, we have no reason to think there might be any serious problems, except possibly for those who go too far - as any honest person will admit.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
My wife was on three puffers, four times a day. We started vaping a year and a half ago and she is not on any puffers today. Improvement in breathing happened within the first two months. Myself I collapsed on a hockey rink a year ago this March and went through every test known to mankind. Last August my doctor called me in and asked what I was doing different because I have never been so healthy. Told him I quit smoking over a year ago and now I vape. He told me to keep vaping then. Those are just two in my own house. Nobody will ever convince me it is not healthier than smoking. Is vaping like taking vitamins? No, but I knew that when I started vaping. CHEERS!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
^ What they said.

Plus, I haven't had a cold in years. I used to be prone to all kinds of respiratory tract infections, including painful sinus infections, my whole life. I had at least two or three colds a year. They all went away since I started vaping. I'm the only one left standing even when my non-smoking family members or co-workers suffer from colds and flus. I wonder if the PG in our eliquids has something to do with it. Somebody should do a study on the effects of PG on respiratory tract infections. :D

I've been vaping for over 5 years, dual user for a very long time. :p

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Hi I'm new to this and with all the studies/possible misinformation out there I was wondering if any long term vapors are experiencing health issues?

When people tell me, they heard vaping is bad ... I say, yeah ... we're still waiting for someone to experience ill health from vaping.

after 8 years ... we're still looking for just one guy to feel even a little bad :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread