Status
Not open for further replies.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
100% of the people controling those 51 groups certainly voted for Hillary and NOT for Trump and the administration certainly knows that. Trump is the new president, NOT Hillary. These groups are calling for a political decision without regard to science. Deeming relies on statuory authority, not science. Price and Gottlieb are being consistant with Trump's phosophy if they modify the deeming process. May be they can take the position that the FDA approach to their statutory authority is so flawed that they need to stasrt over.

May be a fair question to ask is what would the people who voted for Trump say if Gottlieb uses authority he may have to modify or stop the deeming process. The Trump administration is planning to change a lot of other things over the objections of mostly Hillary voters.

I'll bite the worm.

You might be correct about the voting habits of some of their members, but I think you're way off of the voting habits of their board members.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Here we Go.

:facepalm:
We would like the ecig controversy to be about science and not politics but reality is the reverse. I decided to be a single issue voter in the last election. That meant voting for Trump because he seemed a better bet than Hillary on the ecig issue. I voted against nearly all incombants if I merely didn't know their position on ecigs. Perhaps millions of other voters with their single issues, different from mine, did something similar and that was enough to get a new president who wants to depart from the style of government of the last 8 years. Gottlieb says he wants the FDA to be a trustworty and science based. Banning ecigs from the market via the deeming process would not be consistant with that promise.
I'll bite the worm.

You might be correct about the voting habits of some of their members, but I think you're way off of the voting habits of their board members.
Where these orgainizations have voting memberships they are going to select trustees who support their views or promote their agendas. Most of the names seem to be industry groups who probably spend most of their resources lobbying government, not helping people directly. Price and Gottlieb know them better than we do. None of these groups give a rat's behind about us. The more harsh the rules the better they like it.

BTW I'm not a political partisan type. I'd rather have my own opinions on most everything. I didn't vote FOR Trump, I voted AGAINST the rest of them.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
We would like the ecig controversy to be about science and not politics but reality is the reverse. I decided to be a single issue voter in the last election. That meant voting for Trump because he seemed a better bet than Hillary on the ecig issue. I voted against nearly all incombants if I merely didn't know their position on ecigs. Perhaps millions of other voters with their single issues, different from mine, did something similar and that was enough to get a new president who wants to depart from the style of government of the last 8 years. Gottlieb says he wants the FDA to be a trustworty and science based. Banning ecigs from the market via the deeming process would not be consistant with that promise.

Yeah... But here's the Deal.

Not everyone is a Single Issue voter. And of those that are, e-Cigarette Policy might Not even be the Most Important single issue for them.

So if a Person comes Crashing into a Thread with Strong Views about someone like Trump, aren't they Polarizing much of the Members here to be on One Side or the Other?

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA
All I hear are a lot of promising rhetoric, yet to be delivered.
That's sums up what politicians do.
It seems "draining the swamp" and replacing it with other creatures that can live in a swamp is working real well, huh.
Until we change government ecosystems, we just continue with tha same carp.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Yeah... But here's the Deal.

Not everyone is a Single Issue voter. And of those that are, e-Cigarette Policy might Not even be the Most Important single issue for them.

So if a Person comes Crashing into a Thread with Strong Views about someone like Trump, aren't they Polarizing much of the Members here to be on One Side or the Other?
Except I don't have strong views about Trump. I didn't know and still don't know his views on vaping. I just figured he was the best bet on this issue and so far so good.
All I hear are a lot of promising rhetoric, yet to be delivered.
That's sums up what politicians do.
It seems "draining the swamp" and replacing it with other creatures that can live in a swamp is working real well, huh.
Until we change government ecosystems, we just continue with tha same carp.
They have time, they have other issues, they they have science and politics to consider. I'm hoping for the best but stockpile plans don't change regardless of what happens to deeming.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
IMO if you believe the current administration is going to make a decision based on science, you are not looking at the wider picture. This is not an administration that believes in science, on the whole. They have not been making decisions based on science and we, as yet, have no reason to believe they will suddenly start.

That doesn't mean Trump or Gottleib won't decide to neuter the Deeming Regs in the name of jobs, but it will be a political choice. It's not going to be because some doctors from the UK convinced them with their evidence.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I can just see the headline now:
Trump administration destroys FDA regulations, to save Tobacco Industry.

Yeah... Won't put that past Many Media Outlets.

But that's what Many Media Outlets do. Shape Opinion thru Hype, FUD, and Only telling One Side of the Story.

Perhaps Knowing this would Prompt a Policy Maker/Leader to do a Better Job of Explaining/Informing the common person as to Why they are doing something? And to put More Thought into the Roll Out before they actually do something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread