Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I read that by 4 pm today, they had a sign posted at the entrance that the expo was at capacity and no more people were being allowed to enter or re-enter the building, even though it was supposed to go on until 8 pm. And from what I read, the venue was no where near capacity. Just that the governmental powers that be decided enough was enough and effectively shut it down.

Reactions: KattMamma

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I read that by 4 pm today, they had a sign posted at the entrance that the expo was at capacity and no more people were being allowed to enter or re-enter the building, even though it was supposed to go on until 8 pm. And from what I read, the venue was no where near capacity. Just that the governmental powers that be decided enough was enough and effectively shut it down.

It was done by reequest.

Sounds like the organizers of the event were not well informed of the ordinances.

The conference center owner was not made aware of this fact. "
Joseph Cascio, the expo hall general manager, said he thought the promoters cleared everything with the township. When informed of the violations, he said he tried to do his part by handing out and posting flyers warning people not to vape indoors.

"We acted right away," Cascio said. "We put sampling tables outside."

Sounds like he was trying to salvage bad planning on the part of the organizers.

Reactions: YoursTruli

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
and we are how many years into the Voting makes a difference thing? Civil Disobedience has its place.

A little over 200 years here in the United States.

It's worked out pretty good since then.

It's how civilized people handle things like this.

Children pitch a temper tantrum. Mature adults do not.

I do not even attend things like this. they have no appeal. However, I have attended many conventions and concerts in the past. I'm ex- car audio retail. I know what the people paying at the door are expecting........................ and it isn't ear plugs or lolli-pops.:D

* I'm not an in your face person, but this was a Promoted event with people having Expectations.

It was promoted by people that didn't bother to check the laws, or did and chose to ignore them.

That's a big fat Fail no matter how you try to Spin it.
The regulations were in place before the event.
The promoters IMHO deceived the vendors and the public, and I would bet it would stand up in court.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa

Disgusting picture. Very anti-vaping.
i can't figure out why people always take the most negative view of things.
i for one think this is a beautiful picture.
does anyone see people twitching in anaphylactic shock on the floor?
does anyone see anyone chocking,gagging or even gasping for breath?
are peoples lips tuning blue? is the paint pealing of the walls?
anything untoward at all?
if anything we should share this picture on all our social networks
and show the world how benign vapor is.
this is a great picture.
:2c:
regards
mike

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
A little over 200 years here in the United States.

It's worked out pretty good since then.

It's how civilized people handle things like this.

Children pitch a temper tantrum. Mature adults do not

Maybe you live in a different sector of society.
Where I live the City Counsel will post a hearing on a matter in an obscure section of the Sunday paper, hold a quick meeting on Monday - maybe hearing from 3-5 citizens - then Vote on their next profit making scheme into place.
We the People usually get it in the end.

I gave up on the System of government long ago when it became apparent the few that want control of any given situation simply need the cash to bring it about.

Laws should be voted into existence by the people.
Government should be there to manage those laws.

Neither of those seem to happen.

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
I'd like to know who directed the facilities manager to shut down the air-handling system in order to create the photo-op.

Conspiracy? Nah. Just a group of people, with some power, who have decided to band together to hate vapers and try to get others on board with their agenda. o_O

vdrummer

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Jersey
I'd like to know who directed the facilities manager to shut down the air-handling system in order to create the photo-op.

Conspiracy? Nah. Just a group of people, with some power, who have decided to band together to hate vapers and try to get others on board with their agenda. o_O

Actually the HVAC was running, and to roof vents/skylights were open.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Interesting how "civil disobedience" is good or bad depending on who is being "civil disobedient" and when as well as in the eyes of the beholder.

And if we are to subscribe to the theory that everything should be dictated by "the majority", when is this "majority" going to lower income tax rates.....or is "the majority" happy with it as it is?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Maybe you live in a different sector of society.
Where I live the City Counsel will post a hearing on a matter in an obscure section of the Sunday paper, hold a quick meeting on Monday - maybe hearing from 3-5 citizens - then Vote on their next profit making scheme into place.
We the People usually get it in the end.

I gave up on the System of government long ago when it became apparent the few that want control of any given situation simply need the cash to bring it about.

Laws should be voted into existence by the people.
Government should be there to manage those laws.

Neither of those seem to happen.

And how did the council members actually get their positions?

Their job isn't to make decisions. It's to support the decisions of the constituents that elected them whether they like it or not.
If they are not doing their job, why do the people re elect them?
Vote them out of office and elect those that will.

We have a system in place if citizens would actually use it.

It works, and has worked for longer than either of us has been alive.
You just have to be smart enough to use it.

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Actually the HVAC was running, and to roof vents/skylights were open.

I don't doubt that the HVAC was 'running'.
But if it was running at a level similar to a 'perfume convention' or a 'cooking expo' there would have been no clouds for the photo-op.

Running the HVAC and simultaneously having the roof vents and skylights open will only take away the very uppermost layer of air. Hence, the photo-op.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
i can't figure out why people always take the most negative view of things.
i for one think this is a beautiful picture.
does anyone see people twitching in anaphylactic shock on the floor?
does anyone see anyone chocking,gagging or even gasping for breath?
are peoples lips tuning blue? is the paint pealing of the walls?
anything untoward at all?
if anything we should share this picture on all our social networks
and show the world how benign vapor is.
this is a great picture.
regards
mike

I don't see any of those things in this picture either.

cleanbiz-beijing.jpg

Does that mean you see nothing wrong with the air pollution in Beijing? Would you want to breath that air? Would you want your small children breathing that air? Yes, all of that air pollution, that huge cloud of known toxic chemicals must be safe and benign, because we don't see any of the things you listed, right?

Reactions: Tmg666

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
We have a system in place if citizens would actually use it.

It works, and has worked for longer than either of us has been alive.
You just have to be smart enough to use it.

There in lays the problem. People are to indifferent to life around them to even consider participating in shaping their own destiny.

(2) It is written to work however it continues to decline due to a lack pf participation. So once again, the Few dictate the way life will be for the majority.

We can piss this back and forth all day.
FACT is the system works, but the Participants(Joe Public) don't.

Some call this Civil Disobedience.
I see the reason we celebrate July 4th
Civil freedom.....................or is it just another day off?

To each their own, until someone says No.:(

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The first vaping get-together that I went to there really wasn't any noticeable vapor in the air.

The next one I went to was quite "foggy" but not too bad.
The last one I went to was actually worse than the picture posted in this thread.

The increases in visible vapor were NOT due to there being more people.

The first vaping convention I went to had less people but a much smaller venue.
The number of people per square foot was higher, but far less vapor.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I don't see any of those things in this picture either.

cleanbiz-beijing.jpg

Does that mean you see nothing wrong with the air pollution in Beijing? Would you want to breath that air? Would you want your small children breathing that air? Yes, all of that air pollution, that huge cloud of known toxic chemicals must be safe and benign, because we don't see any of the things you listed, right?
if you had a choice which location would you prefer to be?
i'd take my chances at the expo.the odds are definitely in my favor.
regards
mike

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
Ok, I read through that article then did a quick 5 minute Google search on the vaping laws in New Jersey so I hate to play Devil's Advocate here but technically the state of New Jersey is well within their rights to do what they did. I'm not saying I like it or agree with how they went about doing it but they weren't wrong.

The Act (The New Jeresey Smoke Free Air Act) exempts city parks, beaches, cigar bars, tobacco retail stores, tobacco manufacturing facilities, private residences and private automobiles, off-track betting parlors, and designated hotel/motel smoking rooms. Local governments may regulate e-cigarettes more stringently than the Act.

The location that the Expo was held was not a city park or a beach or a cigar bar or a tobacco retail store or a tobacco manufacturing facility nor a private residence and it probably wasn't a private automobile either. So the people who put the Expo together should've known that vaping wasn't allowed in the facility and it's the vendors fault for not properly researching state laws on vaping. So the way I see it, they messed up. They should just pay their fines (like the law dictates) and take it as a lesson that they should do better research in the future. Trying to get around the law by turning the expo into a "private club" was just underhanded and dirty.

On Saturday, Balogh said he intended to challenge the fines, arguing health officials were mistakenly applying the law to what is a private building he had leased out for the three-day show. "The township signed off. They knew there would be" vaping, he said.

Bad new for you, Balogh, privately owned buildings aren't classified as a private residence so whatever argument he's going to present is probably going to get shot down. Also, that seems like faulty logic on the township "knowing" there would be vaping just because there's an expo. Just because the township signs off on a gun show doesn't mean they'll know that a firing range is going to be set up so people can test the ammunition.... :facepalm:

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I'm glad that I didn't attend this convention. I was actually thinking about attending for a moment, but it was too cumbersome to get to, so I decided against it.

A vaping convention where vaping is banned is obviously idiotic, and hopefully future organizers of any such events will hold it in states and cities that deserve the extra revenue brought in by such conventions.

Surely there has to be other places to hold a vape convention, where vaping is actually allowed, other than Edison, New Jersey, which is obviously a nightmare for any vaping convention. Any city or state that has idiotic vaping laws should not be given any business by any vaping organizations or vaping conventions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread