Heart Palpilations Gone when switched from smoking to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalloumiCY

Jan 19, 2021
Cyprus
I am 41 year old male smoking average 50 cigarettes per day from 18 years old untill 6 weeks ago. 23 years smoker.

About 10 months ago I start having heart palpilations. They were on a daily basis around 2 to 5 episodes per day lasting anywhere between 10 seconds to a couple of minutes. Some were realy intense scaring the hell out of me. So i finaly went to a cardiologist and did all the exams and the doctor informed me that my heart is generaly in good condition and the palpilations are triggered by smoking and my very unhealthy high cholesterol diet. The 24 hours wearing a holster showed I was Average heart rate 90, Maximum 140 and minimum 60 which are all higher than normal for my age (41). High cholesterol in the blood works. So conclusion he recomended 3 things:
1. Stop smoking
2. Decrease coffees (from 4-5 to max 2)
3. Change my diet.

3 days BEFORE i got the results and the diagnosis i started vapping and stoped smoking the same day. I havent lit a cigarette after switching. So here is the weird part..... I did not decrease coffee, i did not change my diet. The only thing that changed was the switch from smoking to vaping..... 1 month in..... the palpilations stoped completely! I havent had a single episode of palpilations since the 10th of January counting today 2 weeks. Exactly 1 month into vaping. For 10 months it was every single day. The frequency and intensity would vary day by day but it was every day. Now..... Nothing... Gone.!
So here are my questions....

Are there other member here that experienced this?
Do you think its because of the switch or maybe something else and its just a coincidence?

I would love to hear your opinions and experiences!

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi HalloumiCY. Welcome to the ECF.

When I was Much Younger, I believed more in Coincidence.

But but the Older I got, the More I came to feel that sometimes when something happens it is for a Reason. Or a Sign of maybe what I should be Doing.

Quitting Smoking and Feeling Better (to Me) Isn't a Coincidence. Because I had Similar things happen to Me when I quit Smoking completely.

So maybe take it as a Sign. And think... Could I Feel Even Better is I cutback on the Coffee? And maybe went for More Vegies and More Exercise?

Reactions: HalloumiCY

HalloumiCY

Jan 19, 2021
Cyprus
Hi HalloumiCY. Welcome to the ECF.
Thank you!

... could I Feel Even Better is I cutback on the Coffee? And maybe went for More Vegies and More Exercise?

Definitely i will take on the coffee and diet soon..... Just i know my self and when i try to do too many things at once i end up messing it up, so i am taking it slowly and steady... Concentrating on my smoking quit for the time being and soon i will take up the rest!
I tried quiting smoking around 30 times the past 12 years and i feel this is my last chance.... The last method there is left i haven't tried.... vaping instead.... So i don't want to ruin it by stressing out for the other 2! But i will!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Definitely i will take on the coffee and diet soon..... Just i know my self and when i try to do too many things at once i end up messing it up, so i am taking it slowly and steady... Concentrating on my smoking quit for the time being and soon i will take up the rest!
I tried quiting smoking around 30 times the past 12 years and i feel this is my last chance.... The last method there is left i haven't tried.... Vaping instead.... So i don't want to ruin it by stressing out for the other 2! But i will!

That Sounds like a Plan. Better to do One Thing Right than to do a Bunch of Things Half Azz.

Also make sure you have Backups for your Vape Setup and a couple of Extra Bottles of e-Liquids laying around.

It always seems that the Day you accidently Drop your e-Cigarette or Spill your Last Bottle of e-Liquid is the Day that where you get your stuff it is Out-of-Stock.

Reactions: HalloumiCY

HalloumiCY

Jan 19, 2021
Cyprus
Also make sure you have Backups for your Vape Setup and a couple of Extra Bottles of e-Liquids laying around.

It always seems that the Day you accidently Drop your e-Cigarette or Spill your Last Bottle of e-Liquid is the Day that where you get your stuff it is Out-of-Stock.
Good advice! Will do that, Thanks!

P2PLeon

Toot This, Toot That, Toot Everything
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 19, 2015
    Middlesbrough,UK
    myvapingright.com
    I am 3 years your junior, and for me, it is having heart burn and acid when smoking 20-30 per day. I could not believe I could do 50 per day. So shame on me.

But for me, If I start to vape and do it for a number of hours, doing DTL. I get a burning sensation in my lungs. As if my lungs are clearing or hardening.

I just do not know how it is caused.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I am 3 years your junior, and for me, it is having heart burn and acid when smoking 20-30 per day. I could not believe I could do 50 per day. So shame on me.

But for me, If I start to vape and do it for a number of hours, doing DTL. I get a burning sensation in my lungs. As if my lungs are clearing or hardening.

I just do not know how it is caused.

Leon,

I applaud your indefatigable perseverance.

Bravo!

Best of luck
    I

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread