Heatbar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarvis

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2008
Tx
Heatbar2.jpg

I've been wondering when big tobac would have an answer to the e-cig. Apparently this is all that their creative minds could come up with. From what I've been able to find about this short lived product is that it heats up a special cigarette that you stick in the end, and you suck the fumes. It doesn't claim to be safer for the smoker, just eliminates some second hand smoke.
Heatbar - Tobacco Products

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I thought it looked like something I could plug a toothbrush into .. vibrate-brush my teeth clean after sucking a dry cigarette for 10 minutes.

Course, if it came with drill bits, I might be interested.

Gotta edit this to make a serious point: This Heatbar uses tobacco. And that's all Big Tobacco is interested in. Their sizable investment and its profit potential rests with the future of tobacco products. E-cigs are the devil's invention. They don't use tobacco at all -- and the nicotine for e-liquid can be derived from potatoes or eggplant. Tobacco is not an essential for e-smoking. For that reason, Big Tobacco will oppose e-smoking. Course, so will Big Pharma, who will quietly tell legislators that millions have been spent researching nicotine products that are now available to help smokers quit. Why allow an upstart Chinese toy to go unregulated? Why, it could be unsafe! Attractive even to children. All levels of government will oppose e-smoking, too, facing the potential loss of tax revenues paid by poor, pathetic, addicted smokers.

The Heatbar is a silly device that solves nothing. It still produces second-hand smoke. It's ridiculously expensive and cumbersome. Can you imagine sitting in a restaurant or bar and sucking one of these? Only the weirdest of the weird would think this is bling worth publicly displaying. If I want smoke, I'll reach for my pipe and some quality pipe tobacco.

Last edited:

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I'm not sure what it is or how it works, but it sounds to me like it's still a vaporizer as any herb can be vaporized- just needs to be heated to temps below the burn point- if htis is the case, then basically, what the heatbar is is a Vapor-Geni-like device, and if it's just vaporizing hte product, then it's basically the same hting we use- only it's vaporizing herb, and not liquid?

jarvis

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2008
Tx
I'm not sure either, all of the websites I've read state that it isn't supposed to be a "safe" form of tobacco. Perhaps it's because all of the additives in the tobacco are unsafe when vaporized?
I agree with you about big tobacco TropicalBob, that company is just as stagnant and set in it's ways as big oil. No hope for either of them. If the birds keep coming to the cat, it will stay fat.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I saw photos of a spent heatbar cig which made it look like the heatbar was scortching the cig. scortching=burned, I don't think this thing is much safer if any than smoking

Vaporising herbs produces an ash, but doesn't burn the product- you wouldn't htink it would, but pparently it does & the herbs are never heated to hte point of actually burning

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
if it only cost $20-30 & lasted for months, & dudn't need messy liquids, and if it didn't require cartridges, I wouldn'y mind grabbing one IF it only vaporized & didn't cause carcinogens- Yeah, it's goofy lookin, but if it worked, was cheap, what the heck I'd use it in the house- with hte blinds drawn, thedoors locked, and with a tinfoil hat on- Besides, I heard Kazoos are chick magnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread