Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
New addition to the Reo family came yesterday afternoon. Just got around to making a picture of it.

Was surprised at how heavy it is for such a small Reo, like a brick of gold. So I'm going to dub it Brickles (for the weight, color and texture). :)

Am running big dual coils in an O-16 on it netting .4 ohm with Wakonda to start.

Kind of thinking the tumbled raw brass might ought to be clear coated, so might break it down and do that to it today/tomorrow. Brass with natural patina is great if when you do want to clean it up you can do so without taking away the texture. This would have to be a Cape Cod Cloth only Reo if I didn't coat it. I'll ponder it some before deciding though.

r26trbs.jpg

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks all.

No need to be jealous, Rob still has 7 of TRB Mini's in stock, and at a greatly reduced price. Plenty of O-16's are also still available at two vendors I know of.

Stack... the Movie is twister, Helen Hunt/Bill Paxton. I have tons of experience with patina with natural and many different chemicals on many different metals, including brass and alu-bronze. The look can be grungy and the pitfalls of cleaning them can alter the finish very easily. I don't want any Reo with a polished/brushed finish, so I'd say it looks very, very nice as is and will be satin coating it.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
In hand the Mini 1.0/O-16 is an amazing combo. It's stellar for FVT. Only drawback with this combo (a minor one to me) is the 14500 batt's with low sub ohm builds. Wouldn't be much of an issue for a tootle puffer or with builds above 1.0 ohms, but someone like me that does long DLH's and mid sub ohm builds it's a double whammy for the batts. I use a lot of joose and get shorter usage time from the batts before needing to change them than other vaping styles would get.

Yes Spydro… I made the mistake by thinking yours was a grand. I stalked the site. Went back and saw the TRB minis. Beautiful. Not sure I want to get a mini…. I've had a grand in my hand (Reo poem) for 5 years. Ok convince me…….

Also gonna read your thread on O16….Thanks

Reactions: K31Scout

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Brickles is a good looking Reo! I never knew some were made of solid brass. I think I'd like the heft and it's why I prefer my standard Grand LP over my Grand SL. Brickles...:hubba:

This example of the smallest Reos is noticeably way heavier than any of my other Reos bar none.

I didn't strip Reos for this, just weighed them as they are set up with atty's, batteries and joose. IOW what the heft could be in actual use. Notable is that the atty on the LP/SL Grand is probably heavier than the one on the LP Grand, so doesn't show as much difference between them as there would be with the same atty's. Woodvil weights will vary based on wood species as well. My postal scale reads in 1/4 oz increments, hence I used "+" for something over quarter oz weight.

So FWIW...

14500 Woodvil/Chalice II came in at 4+ oz.
OG Mini from first run/Hornet was 4.5 oz.
Al Min 1.0/O-16 was 4.5+ oz.
LP/SL Mini 2.1/Al Black Nuppin' V2 was 5+ oz.
Mini 2.1/Chalice III was 5.75+ oz.
2014 Woodvil 18650/2013 Cyclone was 6 oz.
2015 Woodvil 18650/Brass Nuppin' V2 was 6+ oz.
LP/SL Grand/Manta Hybrid was 7.25 oz.
LP Grand/SS Nuppin' V1 was 7.5 oz.
OG VV Grand/RM2 is 7.5 oz.
Brass Mini 1.0/O-16 is 8.75+ oz.

IOW, the brass Mini 1.0 is almost twice the weight of an aluminum Mini 1.0. If that holds true, an all brass Grand in use could be close to a pound. :blink:

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Your right about the weight. My VV Grands are the only thing close in weight to my polished brass mini. But they are neat little mods, aren't they ?

Thanks for the reminder PapaB, I added more, including an OG VV Grand and OG Mini from the first runs to my previous post...

Reactions: PapawBrett

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
New addition to the Reo family came yesterday afternoon. Just got around to making a picture of it.

Was surprised at how heavy it is for such a small Reo, like a brick of gold. So I'm going to dub it Brickles (for the weight, color and texture). :)

Am running big dual coils in an O-16 on it netting .4 ohm with Wakonda to start.

Kind of thinking the tumbled raw brass might ought to be clear coated, so might break it down and do that to it today/tomorrow. Brass with natural patina is great if when you do want to clean it up you can do so without taking away the texture. This would have to be a Cape Cod Cloth only Reo if I didn't coat it. I'll ponder it some before deciding though.

r26trbs.jpg

I love my tumbled Brass Mini, it goes with me every where, I always wanted to get a few more, but just could not do it, just low on cash. I don't really know what it is about it, I have not really worried about the finish on it tarnishing. I figure I would just let it do what it wants to. I can always clean it up later if I want to, but I bought it to to use it. My polished one though is another matter, I want to keep it nice, I still need to get some polish though. When I first saw yours, I was not sure what I was looking at, I don't remember mine having that texture yours has, looks like yours was in the tumbler longer than mine was. :unsure: I hope you like yours as much as I like mine, the weight of it really does not bother me that much, it is definitely my favorite. :)

KAS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread