Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I love my tumbled Brass Mini, it goes with me every where, I always wanted to get a few more, but just could not do it, just low on cash. I don't really know what it is about it, I have not really worried about the finish on it tarnishing. I figure I would just let it do what it wants to. I can always clean it up later if I want to, but I bought to to use it. My polished one though is another matter, I want to keep it nice, I still need to get some polish though. When I first saw yours, I was not sure what I was looking at, I don't remember mine having that texture yours has, looks like yours was in the tumbler longer than mine was. :unsure: I hope you like yours as much as I like mine, the weight of it really does not bother me that much, it is definitely my favorite. :)

KAS

:2c: Tumbled finishes on both the aluminum and brass Reos/doors can easily be "wiped away" if when cleaning you get slap happy rubbing them. Why I referred to my TRB as a Cape Cod Cloth Reo. But even they can change the finish if you try to polish them too hard. Most metal polishes (Maas, et al) have grit in them. Fine if you want to make a polished Reo eventually, not so fine for raw tumbled soft metals.

The tumbled finish on all my TRA's are similar, but not as prominent as on the TRB. Plus brass catches light way better, and the right light makes the finish sparkle. Take that as a hint when you take pictures. Straight on with a full flash is white wash; an slightly oblique angle from higher or lower with a filtered flash gives the pic pizzazz. I have a lot of professional camera gear, but I KISS now days and am just using an old Cannon PowerShot A495 for the Reos pictures (I have way better SLR digital cameras, etc in storage).

I love all my Mini 1.0/O-16 Reos in use, to carry, and their compact look and feel. Have TRA, Black Anodized, White and now TRB. When I reached for one of them in the dark or without looking before I could tell which I had grabbed by the feel of the finish. The weight of the TRB is a dead giveaway every time I pick it up. I like the weight. If I could live with a polished brass Mini I would have bought one of them too. But I don't like any polished mod, to me they are just fingerprint magnets.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Brickles has won #1 status of my Mini 1.0/O-16 Reos. Absolutely love the all TRB finish and heft of my heaviest Reo.
:2cool:
r26brickles.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread