RDA Hellboy RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
So I bought this thinking it would be a good starter rda for me. I am having issues getting a decent build with wicking/coils and just getting it to do well with vapor in general. Any advice would be taken and any thoughts to make it better would be really appreciated. In general I am still a noob to RDA's. If there are parts to make it better please include a link so I can get this thing right. I am using a 30W eleaf iStick as my mod. Budget is tight and will probably be saving for a new mod here soon. (Need to do research on the mod.)

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
There are many factors that go into building your coils for the vape quality that you want.
Wire size, number of wraps, touching vs. spaced coils, diameter of the coils, single coil, dual coil etc...
Wicking material is also a big factor, everyone has their own preference.
Youtube is great place to learn. Super_X_Drifter has great tutorials on youtube on building RDAs, and I think he even did one on the Hellboy a while back.

If you tell us what you've tried so far with your builds, with pics if you can, we can help get you there!

FASTBOB

Sep 23, 2015
my first thought is that you want to build a higher resistance coil because you top out at 30 watts, please correct me if I am wrong y'all, but I would suggest adding a couple of wraps to your normal coil build to raise the resistance, or move up in guage (smaller wire) or a combo of both. Airflow is also very important, so be careful not to pack your deck full of cotton. I find that if I use just enough to hold 3 or 4 good long pulls, that my flavor is better compared to having less airflow/room for the vape to mix and cool with the air. Before you put the cap on, it should really shuck out the vapor right off the coils(s), so play with your cotton. just my $.02...good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread