Hello! 7 days analog free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankmass

Dec 25, 2012
LA, CA
Congrats to you and your wife!! My wife quit smoking over 2 years ago on the patch and has never picked it up since and I applaud her. I just couldn't grasp the concept of not having anything to do for my lonely hands!! I've been off the stinkers for about 3 weeks now, and my wife loves the fact that i don't smell like an ashtray anymore!! She says she loves the fact that I vape because it makes our house smell better, like an air freshener!!That first week was the best, and really informing myself, and being able to inform others about it to get the "stigma" of "your not quitting anything by vaping" crap non-smokers talk about. This is something healthy, inexpensive, and fun for us ex-smokers when NOTHING else worked. I'm grateful for vaping and I'm sure you will too!

I know exactly how you feel. We tried the gum, patches and everything else, it just wouldn't work at all for us, it just made the urge even higher to have a real cig and have something enjoyable to do. I guess we weren't "ready" to quit, we still found it enjoyable and was fun to have something to do on breaks, kill time or whatever.

Now with ecigs, we still have something fun to do, get our sensation, no idle hands. We now like ecigs, the gajillion of flavors to try, it's awesome, we're so excited to keep trying new flavors.

When we smell our smoking coworkers we're like PU, that stinks!

Thanks again everyone!

TeecaVap

Moved On
Nov 5, 2012
United States
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

blankmass

Dec 25, 2012
LA, CA
Share your pointers for getting your wife to quit at the same time!

I quit almost 4 weeks ago now - tried introducing my gf to vaping. She's die-hard Camel lover and looks at me like I'm the world's biggest nerd vaping in the house. I've tried convincing her it'll help quit our candy addiction too, as with the right flavor juice its like smoking and eating sweets at the same time. She's tried it twice and said the sweet taste is horrible - she much prefers the taste of tar I suppose. So I've even invested in three different tobacco flavored juices for her, Broadstreet, Ry-4 and 7-Leaf - still no go!

Maybe she's afraid of this high-tech gadget that shoots friggin lazer beams out of its head as her primary smoking cessation tool. idk.

One day.. (share your advice!)

Well, my wife wasn't interested in ecigs at all when we started, and I mean that, literally no interest in them, she was excited for me, but she wasn't expecting it to help her. I ordered a bunch of different flavors from MBV that she likes as food/drinks/scents/whatever, ranging from Arnold Palmer, butter scotch, banana nut bread, cucumber mint, caramel apple, buttery nipple, and like 5 other flavors just for her. Loaded up some tanks for her and let her try it, if she liked it, cool, if not, oh well. She just really liked the flavor, the smell and from there she (knowing she needed to quit too) started trying to replace a cig with an ecig once in awhile, it took us 2-3 weeks of weening ourselves off of the analogs, but it was easy, pain free and we're both happy with it.

My advice would be try something similar, when a person knows they need to quit, and find something else they enjoy more to take its place, it really is pretty easy.

Good luck, pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread