Hello a ?? please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandymal

May 3, 2010
DE
I am new to posting here, but I have read for about 3 months...

MY first purchase was at the mall (I know bad.. ) anyway, I got seriously ripped off and I recieved 3 batteries, 2 atomizers, 2 chargers, 1 car charger and 4 boxes of carts for 250.00 ... WAY TOO MUCH I learned later from here.

Then, I bought the firelight micro starter bundle, what a waste. of the 4 batteries, only 2 haven't burnt up, and we have only had those a month and a half.

Then I got my husband the blu with the charger pack, I did read some of the bad reviews and some good ones too. I decided to purchase it because of the charger pack, my husband chain vapes, and at work I thought it would be best to have something that would charge them in his pocket. I have found though that the blu carts are crap!

When he is at work, he uses carts on the blu, but at home we drip on all of the cigs I mentioned above. We get the best "smoking" feeling with enough vapor that way.

Today, I received my Joye 510 with the USB passthrough I also ordered.

WOW!

what junk we already have!

In any case... I really like the Joye, and I will have to order another set for my husband when he sees how much better it is, but I will need to find the exact right thing. He needs something that has a charger with it, like the blu pack, as well as something that would be easy to refill with liquid (meaning not cartomizers). A pass through would be a necessity too because when he is at the computer here at home (he works on the comp too), he chain vapes and kills batteries. I will have to wait about a week to purchase this, so I have time for good recomendations and research.

My other question is... is there a USB passthrough that is compatible with the blu atty, the firelight micro atty, or the "smokinganywhere" atty?? Then at least, these purchases won't have been a complete waste?

*JC*

Apr 24, 2010
Austin, Texas
Sandymal, you may really want to look into an Ego or tornado for him. I have had mine for a few days now and WOW, it is awesome. if you like the Joye 510, you will love this thing. it takes the same attys as the 510 you just received, but the batteries are just awesome. My batteries are lasting me about 7hrs of pretty heavy vaping. I ordered my wife just the battery and the cone since we have the charger from my set and had 510 attys from volcano. Her batt is lasting her about a day and a half, she is not as heavy as a vaper as I am. As far as the passthrough goes, one of my buddys has a 510 pt that he uses his blu attys on and loves it.

Sandymal

May 3, 2010
DE
I haven't read too many good things about TW or Ego..... is there possibly a different battery that can be used on the 510 that would last longer? HE works 10 hour days with a total of 1 hour travel time.... so 11 hours. How many batteries would he need with the 510 to get through that long of a time period, with pretty heavy vaping.

And, I will try the blus with the 510 passthrough when he gets home, but I did find that the volcano sells a PT and they are basically a blu with a red light LOL.

Still searching though for a PT for the firelight or the mall cig

*JC*

Apr 24, 2010
Austin, Texas
I would personally stay away from the Volcano/magma PT for now. A guy at work received one from them about a week ago and is having lots of problems with it. He contacted their customer service and they told him they have been having some issues and to try wiggling the connection on it, they are sending him out another one to try, but if you go to their forums it seems that there are quite a few people having the same issues with them. As far as the ego or tornado, most people around this forum seem to love them, but I have heard that some people are not to thrilled with TW. I have not had any issues myself with TW, but I have only placed 1 order with them which was my tornado and I received it within 2 days from the date of order. I am not sure how heavy your husband vapes, but I vape pretty heavily and my 2 tornado batts have lasted my 12 hour shifts at work for the few days i've had it. My previous setup with the 3 regular 510 batts and pcc, two of the batts would last me while the third one was charging, but I had to have one batt constantly charging in the pcc.

justsomeguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2010
Texas
I would second the vote for an eGo. Two batteries will get him through an 11 hour chain vaping day.

Otherwise I would look into one of the battery mods that will give him at least 6-8 hours of vape time (or more).

If you stick with the Joye 510 he's looking at swapping out batteries 4 to 5 times in a day. Not saying you need to have that many batteries if he has a way to charge them (like a PPC), but regardless, it's just a pain to have to swap batteries that often.

The eGo uses the 510 atty and the same carts, so much of your current stuff should still work for you - and it's not too large. I carry mine around with me all day and haven't had a problem. In my case I usually leave the house with only the one charged battery - but that's because I'm not usually gone more than 4 or 5 hours. But that gives you an idea of the battery life.

Just my 2 cents.

Dillinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Mountain View, CA
How important is it to you for your PV to look like a cig? If it's not too important and you're looking to not spend too much more money, I would recommend searching up the Bartleby for your hubby. For 50 bucks you'll get a true 3.7v mod, compared to e-cigs with the little cig shaped batts it should have a fuller vapor to it. It also has a USB charger built in, sort of like a passthrough built in allowing your hubby vape while it's charging. I charge mine once in the morning and once again anywhere from 7-10PM.

My wife and I have been using ours for 5 months and I can't complain. Since your hubby could charge it at work, I don't think he'll have any problems with the batt dying. However, if that is a major concern and you want a batt that will last all day I would recommend a mod that uses a 18650 maH batt. Can't comment on which mod as I have no experience with any other than the Bartleby and my guess is that those will cost slightly more.

Good luck!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread