Hello Again Help please once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibuSunset

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
ca
i am spending ALOT at green smart living on refills..............im here reading daily..........so i am asking your opinion on how to get started filling my own........i'd like to start with a (i think) manual battery (no button) and maybe a "dropper" bottle.......looked at smokeless image videos, seems like it would work for me...........i see alot on "names" on here...........joytech, 501 808 and yes sorry to say im lost...........i seem to like the fruit flavors and the menthol (gml) and i love vaping i do it alot so i know i'll need a few batteries
dont want to yet spend alot of money on a system im not smart enough to use :) (provari)........i think an auto battery would be best for me..........and i would love to be able to try new flavors but dont know which "system" would be most cost effective........any help greatly appreciated........all of you are wonderful people and im here so much feel like a family :) any companies have coupons etc

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I was a 3 pad smoker and started with 1 auto and 1 manual. The manual, at least for me, was much more natural, more like smoking. Yes, the Smokeless Image video of refilling cartos is accurate...it is that easy. I have tried some tanks and stuff but I'm not a fan...I continue to use cartomizers...but I'm probably in the minority on that point. Cartos are problematic for sampling juices and cleaning, but they are easy to use.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
If you like what you are using, then by all means try refilling the cartomizers. If you want a new system, there are tons of great sites to buy the 808. Not all of those sites are here on the forum. Try googling best e cigs of 2012 to get a comprehensive look at what works best and has the greatest value. I like these kinds of reviews because they are all on one page; the coupons are right there, and sometimes this site gets bogged down with groupies who refuse to denounce their usual e cig even if there is something better. Youhttp://www.bestecigarettesreview.com/best-electronic-cigarette-2012/ The Electronic Cigarette Tree of Reviews The Electronic Cigarette Tree of Reviews eCigarette Review 2012 | Best Electronic Cigarettes | eCig Smokeless Cigarettes - TopTenREVIEWS Electronic Cigarette Reviews | The Best of 2012

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Hi Malibu. Welcome to the greatest educational vapers' forum. We're glad you're here.
Just a note for ya...
Manual batteries have a button to press to vape. It is a safety issue. Keeps the battery from firing when it shouldn't.
Automatic battery has NO button. Can become a problem sometimes. If juice gets into battery, it's a dead battery.
So most veteran vapers prefer the manual battery.
Good luck
Keep comin back.

robtest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
atlanta, ga metro area
I used the disposable cartridges on a ciggie style battery for about 4 months... it was cheaper than real ciggies but cost me about $225, so I broke down and bought an ego style setup... You can get into one of those for around $50... simple to use, and works with a variety of tanks/cartomizers/atomizer/clearomizer setups...

hollyd

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
Welcome Malibu... I've been Vaping for just over nine months now and can tell you it's the best thing I've done for myself ever! Most people start with the stick batteries and then move into ego type. Some stay there and some move on to the 'mod' pv. If you're happy and satisfied.. Stick with what you have. Most people get tired of always charging the cig a like batts! As well as refilling cartos! I have tried lots and love egos with a good carto! You can even refill the prefilled cartos that you have. Just pop the tip and fill away. And there are lots of places that sell empty cartos. 510 and 808 are just the main 2 thread types. And there are adaptors to make them fit together. Look around the Web and take your pick! When you've found something you like you can always ask about the product/vendor on here.

Proud mom of an American soldier

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
thank you for answering !! do you use prefilled or change your own flavor?

Both...if the pre-filled is the same or similar flavor I refill...I also buy blank cartos...and I clean cartos...so it's a mixture. Mostly I get juice from vendors that don't sell cartos, so I mostly use blanks and fill them myself. I can refill many times (I don't keep track but likely 10+ times) before I toss them or clean them.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
There is absolutely no reason to buy a new battery system if you are happy with your Green Smart Living cig-alikes other than the cost of the pre-filled cartomizers. You can refill the ones you have with similar flavors and/or buy empty 510 cartomizers and fill them yourself.

These YouTube videos will show you how to fill the cartomizers.
Filling 510 electronic cigarette cartomizers using the "condom" or "push" method - YouTube
The Taryn Spin 2011....Everything You Need To Know - YouTube

The cig-alike batteries don't have much battery life per charge and are only good for 300 charges so they tend to die quickly. You can buy just the 510 cig-alike batteries for a little over $10.

However, if you can live with a cigar-sized battery and would like something that will have a longer battery life and produce a much superior vaping experience than your cig-alikes I would very much encourage you to go with a variable voltage Twist, KGO or Vision Spinner. That class of batteries couldn't be easier to use. Just put on something that holds juice and turn the dial until you get the vape you like—no oHms or any other type of annoying homework required.

This video is review for the eGo Twist but the KGO and Vision Spinner work the same way.
THE EGO TWIST IS A GAME CHANGER Grimm Green video review

You can use your 510 cartomizers with the Twist class of batteries but many people prefer the convenience of pairing them with Vivi Novas to hold their juice. This is a review of the Vivi Nova, A PBusardo Review - Vivi Nova 2.5.

This will show you how to clean and rebuild a Vivi Nova, A PBusardo Tutorial - Vivi Nova Cleaning & Rebuilding - YouTube. The first part shows how to clean it and the last part will show you how to rebuild the wicks. If you don't want to bother rebuilding you can just buy replacement heads for $3—$4 but you can save money over the long term by rebuilding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread