Hello again. Still struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommylondon2586

Dec 20, 2017
Hello everyone. I wanted to just post on my thread I had already started but for some reason it wouldnt let me. Could be me I reckon as my head is just not rite these days. Christmas was rough. It was my first one without my son since he passed this past July, so I've been fighting the sadness pretty hard. Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that took the time to respond to my post the other day. It really meant a lot to me that there were so many of you willing to offer support and suggestions to help. I havnt tried vaping anymore since last week and I'm not sure yet if I will try again. So I'm pretty down thinking i'm stuck with the analogs. Maybe i'm just not strong enough mentally rite now with the grief still being as strong as it is. Maybe i'm too sensitive to change. I dont know, but I just wanted you all to know how grateful I am for the time you all took to respond. I hope you all had a great Christmas and I wish you all a Happy New Year to come. Take care.

LeAnne :)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Hello everyone. I wanted to just post on my thread I had already started but for some reason it wouldnt let me. Could be me I reckon as my head is just not rite these days. Christmas was rough. It was my first one without my son since he passed this past July, so I've been fighting the sadness pretty hard. Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that took the time to respond to my post the other day. It really meant a lot to me that there were so many of you willing to offer support and suggestions to help. I havnt tried vaping anymore since last week and I'm not sure yet if I will try again. So I'm pretty down thinking i'm stuck with the analogs. Maybe i'm just not strong enough mentally rite now with the grief still being as strong as it is. Maybe i'm too sensitive to change. I dont know, but I just wanted you all to know how grateful I am for the time you all took to respond. I hope you all had a great Christmas and I wish you all a Happy New Year to come. Take care.

So sorry to hear you’re having such a difficult time right now. I can’t even imagine what you must be feeling. I think it’s important that you be kind to yourself and not put any extra pressure on yourself.

I hope you have people around you that are being supportive to you.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm so sorry to hear this and Christmas must have been very hard. I would say don't stop vaping, but if you need to not put ANY pressure on yourself, stop for a while, put away your vaping equipment and come back to it when you are ready.

As a dual user for a LONG time (it must have been at LEAST 6 years) I really struggled myself, for lots of reasons but when I was finally ready to return to vaping (I really had to, no desire to die of COPD) I was able to have success, finally.

If a loved one dear to me (especially my son) died, I am pretty certain I might return to smoking for a time (I know they say never say never) but I would also try to give myself a time limit for my grief and then try again.

All my sympathies. Even if you only vape a few times a day, you may be able to keep this thing going, have SOME harm reduction, and find it easier over time. My sympathies, and whatever you decide is right for you... IS right for you. But hang on to your vape equipment, every quitting attempt is different, and just because it isn't working NOW doesn't mean it may never work.
((Hugs))

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

This Christmas was Tough for a lot of us. So know that you are not alone.

But also know that you are Never Going to be Stuck with having to Smoke. And even though Now might not be the time when you can do it, there will be a time.

And when you are ready, there will be those here and in your life to Support you.

miteret

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2016
S.L.C., UTAH
Not much I can add but when my wife died of cancer (tobacco related) I replaced grief with rage at big tobacco, big pharma and went on a crusade to convert smokers to vaping. This after ECF helped me immeasurably to quit cigs. Whatever you decide, please stay connected to these fine human beings. May your New Year bring solace.

mommylondon2586

Dec 20, 2017
You are all so incredibly kind and supportive, and I truly thank you all for that. Believe me when I say, I REALLY WANT TO KEEP VAPING. I love the smell, the flavor (even the tobacco ones) and I'm simply ...... that I had issues with it. I'm going to do a search on the forum here and see how many posts there are about vaping causing depersonalization and anxiety, and see if any of those members found a solution. I'm not ready to give up. I will keep you all posted. Again, thank you :)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
You are all so incredibly kind and supportive, and I truly thank you all for that. Believe me when I say, I REALLY WANT TO KEEP VAPING. I love the smell, the flavor (even the tobacco ones) and I'm simply ...... that I had issues with it. I'm going to do a search on the forum here and see how many posts there are about vaping causing depersonalization and anxiety, and see if any of those members found a solution. I'm not ready to give up. I will keep you all posted. Again, thank you :)
Sometimes a doctor can help, might consider.

mommylondon2586

Dec 20, 2017
Not much I can add but when my wife died of cancer (tobacco related) I replaced grief with rage at big tobacco, big pharma and went on a crusade to convert smokers to vaping. This after ECF helped me immeasurably to quit cigs. Whatever you decide, please stay connected to these fine human beings. May your New Year bring solace.
I'm very sorry to hear about your wife. <3

miteret

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2016
S.L.C., UTAH
Thank you. We are (were) old persons and death at this age is certain. A young death is tragic and my heart aches for anyone who has lost a child, no matter the age. Please take care of yourself and pursue vaping with the same determination you have to overcome your loss.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So sorry you are still having issues with vaping. Once again, let me stress that what you are feeling is more than likely the withdrawal from the cigarettes. I truly believe you are not allowing yourself enough nicotine to curb your cravings. The amount of nicotine needs only to be as high as it takes to satisfy the cravings. Also let me stress that nicotine is no more addictive than its cousin caffeine. I know that all we hear on the news is about 'nicotine' but the truth is the real killer is the tar and the over 4000 chemicals that are added to the cigarettes. Smoking addiction is much much more than just the physical addiction. Its also the ritual behaviors and emotional attachments we create over years of using them.
Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Just remember we have all been there with this addiction and while you travel your own path we can help along the way if you let us.

:)

mommylondon2586

Dec 20, 2017
Thank you. We are (were) old persons and death at this age is certain. A young death is tragic and my heart aches for anyone who has lost a child, no matter the age. Please take care of yourself and pursue vaping with the same determination you have to overcome your loss.

Thank you so much Miteret :)

mommylondon2586

Dec 20, 2017
So sorry you are still having issues with vaping. Once again, let me stress that what you are feeling is more than likely the withdrawal from the cigarettes. I truly believe you are not allowing yourself enough nicotine to curb your cravings. The amount of nicotine needs only to be as high as it takes to satisfy the cravings. Also let me stress that nicotine is no more addictive than its cousin caffeine. I know that all we hear on the news is about 'nicotine' but the truth is the real killer is the tar and the over 4000 chemicals that are added to the cigarettes. Smoking addiction is much much more than just the physical addiction. Its also the ritual behaviors and emotional attachments we create over years of using them.
Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Just remember we have all been there with this addiction and while you travel your own path we can help along the way if you let us.

:)
Thank you Sugar and Spice. I really do appreciate the tip. The thing is, I felt really satisfied with the 6% nicotine. If I started to crave a cigarette, I would hit my vape 2 or 3 times and the craving went away, but then I enjoy the pull and taste of the vape so much, I would take another 5 or 6 hits off of it while sitting and talking with family. I would only smoke a cigarette about once every 2 or 3 hours and my plan was just to slowly keep weening down from them. But both times I tried this, within a day or day in a half of vaping and occasional cigarette, I would start feeling weird. To be honest, I've went longer than that without any cigarettes and never felt that weird, so my brain just keeps wanting to blame the vape. Could the PG in it be making me feel funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread