Hello All, new to forum and new to the Cape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfazin

Sep 28, 2014
Ronkonkoma, NY
Hello all, I'm dfazin. A 24 year smoker of Marlboro Red. Had a 2 pack a day habit for the last 10 years.

I've tried just about every remedy out there. Many years ago I tried the regular stick e-cigs and I coughed so bad, almost as bad as my smokers cough. Well as you can imagine I was heart broken, figured that was it for me.

Had a few family members that vaped so I tried that and again I coughed so bad. Fast forward to a few weeks ago. Friends I knew quit smoking by going to vaping so I told them I'd give it another try. Went to a local vape shop and picked up a Mini nautilus tank and an itaste vv to go with it. Picked out a few juices, my first being of a tobacco flavor. Wow found the tobacco flavor to be horrible and besides I didn't want to be reminded of cigs. I stopped that quick and just went with sweet fruity flavors all at 24mg nic 50/50. I was OK, couldn't really take a satisfy drag without that dreaded cough. People kept saying hydrate hydrate hydrate! I tried water, tea, hot tea, sweet tea, sports drinks and different soda's! Nothing seemed to be working so I was still smoking to keep my nic habit going. The cravings were gone and I was feeling good. Went from 40+ cigs a day to 10. But I still wasn't satisfied fully. When I was able to get a good drag, one that was satisfying it was great and I was very happy.

Well mountain dew was on sale and I am not a big soda drinker but said I haven't tried mountain dew. So I started drinking mountain dew and my cough stopped. I can take huge hits now and feel great. Its feels like my throat is moist and not scratchy now. At first I didn't think it was the dew so I stopped drinking dew for a day and bam the cough was back. So as of right now I still have to sip mountain dew in order to keep from coughing.

I do hope my body will adjust cause I really don't want to invest in mountain dew to maintain this habit. Anyway I figured I'd share what worked for me in hopes that maybe it helps a newb out with the same problem. I plan on keeping everyone up to speed on my progress.

Last edited:

Garry1

Sep 29, 2014
Welcome! :) and thx for sharing. You might want to try a warmer vape with less nicotine mg and a bigger cloud sometimes that higher nicotine burns your throat and we as smokers especially marlboro reds feel like we are searching for a denser cloud out of habit ;) but with lower nicotine in the juice we can get more of it in a bigger cloud without the irritation :) just something to try

dfazin

Sep 28, 2014
Ronkonkoma, NY
Welcome! :) and thx for sharing. You might want to try a warmer vape with less nicotine mg and a bigger cloud sometimes that higher nicotine burns your throat and we as smokers especially marlboro reds feel like we are searching for a denser cloud out of habit ;) but with lower nicotine in the juice we can get more of it in a bigger cloud without the irritation :) just something to try

Thanks garry1. What I tried before I found mountain dew works was... Went from the 24mg 50/50 to 18mg 70/30 VG/PG. It helped for a very short time and then the burn and cough came back.

I 100% agree on the cloud because we are used to harsh heavy hit of a Red. Reds is the only cig I smoked in my 24 years. Shockingly I thought I wanted to have a throat hit when vaping but found in reality I don't want it at all. I want to be able to bring in GBE capo deep and have a nice cloud, to me its very satisfying.

I'm still sperm as far as my experience goes with vaping and I'm not 100% off cigs yet. I've already upgraded my mod to an MVP, but I'm really trying to control my spending seeing as one of the biggest reason's I wanted to quit was the price of cigs now. I live on Long Island so the avg pack now is $10.25. 2 packs a day and you can see why I want to now save money. Truly appreciate your input! Thank you.

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
Hey dfazin - welcome to ECF! Kudos on the MVP. I own one too (as do many of us) and it's a rock solid device. Everyone is different and I think you've got to feel out your own route to success, but generally speaking higher nic content will cause more throat irritation. This usually manifests as a peppery heat on your throat. I needed the 24mg to get off the smokes, but after dialing this down to 12mg I rarely have issues with throat irritation. It also just takes time. Stick with it.

Also you have not seen this already it's worth taking a look at:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...9-inhalation-technique-ecig-vs-cigarette.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread