Hello and help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

2kool2

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
USA
Joined up last night when I saw a man talking about e-cigs on another forum. I am a smoker ,one to two packs a day. I would really like to check the e-cigs out so I have been doing some reading.Just so little time to do some reading.
SO, Can someone give me an idea of a good one and a good vendor in the USA. I have saved all the vendors that have been posted here just need to make sure I get that I am after.
I hear the Pilot and the DSE901 are good. I would like to place a order asap, so any help would be GREAT ! I would want to refill my own two. Need one that would make a good vapor hit.
THX
2k2

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
The 901 is a good starter and i've been hearing good things about the pilot especially where throat hit is concerned.

As for suppliers, pretty much any of them in the supporting suppliers list will be good. Personally i have ordered from the smokeless shop, puresmoker and ecigsales and had no problems. Have also heard good things about vaporguys.com.

Whenever you do order add some juice and some blank carts to the list as well as a spare atomizer.

If you are in a real hurry i think that vaporguys will take phone orders.

Either way good luck with your purchase.

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
Thanks for the comment on the name. It just made sense to me since i'm an english guy living in the U.S.A

If the effect you're talking about is maybe a nic od then that would all depend on how many analogs you smoke now. If you are a light smoker and are concerned about that then maybe start with a medium or a low until you get a feel for how much you need. If you smoke a pack or more a day then i'd recommend starting with high.

Personally i didn't like the JC juices too much. Some of the flavors were ok, others were just a little bland. Also I found them a little lacking in vapor production. A lot of people like them though so don't just take my word for it.

Bear in mind a lot of the flavors are subtle and can take a while to get used to. Some taste nothing like what the name suggests.

I know there is a lot of posts on the forum but do try and read some of the liquid reviews to get an idea which ones might suit you.

If you haven't already, check out the new users thread. It's a good starting point
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/2562-helpful-links-videos-new-user.html.

Any other questions you have just ask away, i'm sure someone will have an answer for you.

xMarlboroMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Hello and welcome to the forums and e-smoking.

If I may, I ordered my first ecig from cigtechs.com. It is a true dse-901. Very, very nice starter ecig. I also ordered a spare atomizer from puresmoker.com, but it must be a rn4075 (don't quote me on this). I didn't like the taste I got from the puresmoker atomizer. It tasted metallic and sulfuric. It kinda has gone away, but it still remains especially when the atomizer starts to get dry. Also, the the hole on the puresmoker atomizer is smaller than the hole on the cigtechs.com atomizer. Althought I haven't really noticed a difference, some may claim the larger hold makes an easier draw.

Don't get me wrong though. I am not talking down puresmoker and talking up cigtechs. I just wanted you to know about my first experience. And to tell you the truth, I was very frustrated with the ecig at first. So no matter who you buy it from, keep this in mind. Don't expect instant gratification. It does take some practice and patience.

On a side note, I would highly recommend dripping with e-liquid. It tastes better than cartridges, it hits harder than cartridges and it feels better than cartridges. Puresmoker's 36mg True Menthol is the absolute bomb for me (although last I checked they were out of stock 8-o.) Only other US company that has 36mg in stock right now is truevapor.com, but I have yet to try their 36mg liquid (I did purchase their variety pack, but it is only 12mg; decent, but not great).

Anyway, good luck with your purchase. We'll love to hear about your experiece too! OH, and look around for coupon codes!!! They are somewhere on this forum. Vapeatron.com is another forum and has codes too (a bit easier to naviagate too ;)).

L8r, x

watertones

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2009
St. Paul, MN USA
Welcome 2Kool2! I would have to second that pretty much everyone on the suppliers list on the home page is reputable. I haven't purchased from all of them yet, but I haven't had any problems. Just make sure you do the research before splurging on some low-quality liquid or hardware. Have you decided which device you want?

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Always fun to see a newcomer to the esmoking world. :wub:

I'm a former 2+ pack a day smoker (30 years). 8-o Now, I've been tobacco free for going on 4 weeks.

All good suggestions. The DSE901 is a reliable ecig, relatively trouble free. I have several other models, but my 901 is my "old reliable," always good to go when my other models are having "issues." :)

I also have a Pilot, and I like it, but I'm not sure how much I would have liked it as a starter e-cig. The cartridge is teeny-tiny, and I had trouble refilling it because I'd tend to put too much eliquid in, then get a mouthful of eliquid. Beyond nasty. So now I drip vape it, and I enjoy it . . . but it sometimes gets old constantly taking the top off to add eliquid.

I want to echo the suggestion that when you start off on this journey, you'll want to have at a minimum TWO batteries (most starter kits come with this), TWO atomizers (some starter kits have one . . . some have two), and TWO bottles of eliquid. If you would like to be able to vape at the computer, you'll also want a USB passthrough battery (which is not the same as a USB charger).

Two bottles of eliquid might sound excessive, but believe me when I say that most people find themselves vaping A LOT the first week or two. As for the strength, I'm not much help with that. I mostly vape medium strength. I started off with high strengths, figuring that since I was a heavy smoker, I'd need it. Well, because I was vaping so continuously at first, I was getting a nasty headache and a sore throat. I quickly learned to back off a bit on my strength. :)

As for suppliers, there are many good ones. I can say that I've dealt with PureSmoker and VaporGuys, and I've been very pleased with the service from each. But, like I said, there are many others out there who've done right by forum members.

Good luck!

Terrie

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Kansas
I have been using e-cigs for a month now and have not had a real cigarette since (I had been a smoker for over 30 years) I have a DSE901 and love it. I would suggest also starting out with about 10 extra cartridges and some juice to refill with. How much juice you'll use depends on how much you smoke. I go through a 30ml bottle in about 1-1/2 to 2 weeks, but my brother-in-law can last a whole month on 30ml. (I used to be a 2+ pack a day smoker, and he was about a 1 pack a day smoker) I use 24mg or 18mg strength and that is enough to satisfy me. I did try 36mg strength once but it was too much for me(made me dizzy and gave me a headache) Anyway, good luck....I hope you will love e-cigs as much as I do.

2kool2

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
USA
WOW ! Thanks for all the help guy's !Big help .
OK, So look's like I will go with the DSE901 to start out with.

I have checked out PureSmoker but have not checked out VaporGuys. Going to do that now.
Oh,and got to read some liquid reviews. Going to need a months worth of supplys.
Thank;s again for all the help ! If one of you see any deals let me know..
THX
2k2

Welcome aboard 2kool2. I am sure you will be happy with the 901. I first purchased an e-cigar a month ago. After the first couple of days I ordered a 901. I still use the e-cigar on occasion, but the 901 never leaves my side.

I gave up cigarettes years ago, but only switched to cigars. I was smoking an average of 10 a day, until I started vaping.

Tomorrow will be one month since my last drag of tobacco! I can honestly say I do not miss smoking. I am so smitten with vaping I have decided to become a supplier myself.

My first shipment is reported to be on its way now. I am excited!! Please wish me luck.

Regarding your impending purchase, you reall can't go wrong with Puresmoker. They seem to be doing a better job than anyone else out there. I have not personally met Steve, but he was very responsive when I placed an order with him.

Gee, I hope my "man-crush" is not showing too clearly :rolleyes:

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
Hey 2Kool2 .... just to throw something else at ya. www.ecigsales.com has the reular 901 and the 901b with blue led in stock for $39.99 and free shipping. She also sells some pretty good juice.
Like everyone else though she has been snowed under with orders and states right on her site that shipping may take a few days from recieving the order.

Just wanted to give you another option to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread