Hello and need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind2k9

Dec 7, 2017
Hi there. I will try to be short in description of my "problem". I'm 35 working as an IT and lately, i got some bad news. After 18 years of smoking, i manage to quit by just saying "this is my last cigarette" a thing which i have never believed to be possible. Before that, i must say that i had like health checks and everything was fine. But after like 2 months of quitting i got the symptoms of diabetes(drinking water and a lot of pee). So got to the doctor and "WOW" my glycemic was to the sky.Basically apart from the water drink feeling i did not experience anything else. But here comes the dose of stupidity. Of course, i have to go to see the doctor and after having a chat with him with questions like " Do you experience eyes sight loss?" or "Is your "dude" working well anymore? well after i finish this chat i was gone directly to the store and buy a pack of cigarettes and smoke 5 of them in like 10 mins. Now i don't blame the doctor or something like that, is just me who i think didn't respond well to the news, even if before i did not feel the need of smoking even if i was near someone who smokes.
Now im not sure if the quitting thing triggered diabetes , i refuse to believe that (anyway is very strange how the glicemy levels works for me , i don't need even pills to reduce it , if i take 10 min walk then everything comes to normal..lol ) but one thing is for sure. I want to quit smoking at least normal cigarettes.
So i really need advice what to get. So I think I'm kinda a heavy smoker doing 1 pack per day(depends on mood, sometimes less and sometimes even more) some friends say i am very strange because I can smoke a cigarette like in 7 seconds(when I'm angry without realizing...lol). I really not like the ideea of liquids with taste of whatever(at least now ) so basssically i need something strong i guees with normal taste of the nicotine ..lol
So if you can help me out what to get will be really appreciated. Regards

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
Get a regulated mod, and some kind of tank. Try and avoid things that are 50-60+ watts to start. Get some 12-24 mg juice, something you like the taste of. It's not hard, but honestly, you gotta go buy it and the best initial source is a decent local vape shop. Keep traveling until someone talks and understands.

We are all different, what I like is far from what many others like. I'm a tinkerer, so I only vape rebuildable stuff, never bought a replacement coil in 2.5 years. (Well I did buy 5, but I gave them away.)

Post your approximate location and someone here can kinda direct you to a good place.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Check this out. The Charon Touch Screen 218 watt box mod plus a Kayfun V4

scI8oSqCqwGMqmPq_QC8mNGN6SqZe0nnQcrfGf4fHc8AA7hrO1aKezj9ytNjCwnYzq2Cs_rmnOJVOioTnNSMk0HclR6tk2TDKqYQ5nSTIBG6deFT6HoCEpTTKWZDGY7vOeaDf6U8DbkyMnzu4lIpnsHs_OzBig5h7kSHGf06p3A3aqk1mVJgjQ91jcnZsQwwB9elqTHXWbmILVwZMUg2bU2BaUZCNsGX0FDCITSEAU-A5C06iB0PBIe16MYFFzbhe7V-gFe8crvAMRw1zwOd3pk56UdE0Wl1LhmP_4XY7DhK5Cxzouxjzr1_LhhJpK07L4sJ641rAobZeDNr6L6VR7nOJ73UqibVU2T-2fygB7qnbElSGEZ_nqXT9AdgTJEiSBc-JFga6CmeEk5-vtkXgxBMbhZCzPlZYBve797yl5RKo8YHxOGyvmN6Le39UNJK0POe8Hs12f5q5MODlCrTQdvveYu2MRt4ic-7NecITUQoEINyrXDr58NsXGCSIUNR2ac0emTLFPXWwC3YhusblS4LjtjbOQG4Os__96XPdeYZaKFs2dRhJHFC7Ibbq8CzFufMD_UQ0hYZvQXEHD3LCvdKOqzXGVpR4D1tay9H=w511-h683-no

5XyQgNXss3VyPEzWRDuuRF37HFKS_FQDXZHpq3Sda0GZnShoX1PnYF8e6_71Ch3go3YMxkcKSIX3WL5yXyYugDxXEINgJhQAYyhK-_u3sNwjd4sGQEZhI4gEWisz2LqWfu0c98qQ9DSRt8ytooSD1ILCZHhvM5h7N6cyT5w6a9h7QPEVX7UpHLmdDnTWSnMrT9JEKvXw4EKfAcfcy-7V6FDb0lWO-eU2BGzj_F12ztNdS8jS-az3KNCACrBF3pyjxe1NZKaji3WHNggWX04sNnWLFnzQdHVEG1bnuJ69hQ7KyfnJgcSs4m4sHObCskZ-gWM4AaSvEzx15nELJZA_Rg37yqDUGy968mB5wT6Tc1rOFdW9EjSLk7wwc0XRME8Ye6OU4EPtkGJCfJSe_m1i_Nqmi5uxgPKzdU85OCKM5OBRIP5bZ_v_RGitoPZK0wCNmjhLwLbXjVvYxPyT4K4CrL1vWw6uiXjfNwDNZelHk8VAcGj9T4WL2X0g-cn6ApTRcP2nqCm83j9Cq3rYkLrM6tS-XubvUrXIrt9baldXWcW4ja-LgNSrl4ywstvmAJMpfGmPZQp5og63Gslp2DM2VkUtL3DlSHVV_AW6M0Do=w511-h683-no

Last edited:

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Hi and welcome, I hear you and had the same reaction when I got my cancer diagnosis last spring. When the stress hits hard the addiction to smoking, which is lurking in the background just waiting for the right time to manifest, just takes over to return us to its evil ways. I left the doctor's office that day and went straight to the store n bought 2 packs. Smoked them before morning and smoked through my chemo and radiation treatments
Finally after trying everything to quit a zillion times I was a year or so no cigs and bam then I get cancer.
After treatment I returned to vaping and had to start over. I would vape 18mg mostly but had some 24 for the mornings and high stress situations.
Try to find a local store with a staff member who you relate to who is willing to help you be a successful vaper by offering advice and products suitable for you not just their cash register, actually works out better for them in the long run with returning customer and word of mouth references. I was able to connect with the staff at a local store who helped lots both my Initial time vaping and more importantly the second go after cancer treatments.
Lots of support here on ecf also so feel free to post and ask questions and I'm confident you will find your way.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome! :)

It seems to me you are making the right decisions.

The only thing I can comment on is that there really isn't a normal taste of nicotine, only the taste of smoking vs the taste of vaping. You won't find a liquid that tastes like a cigarette - be careful wasting your time and money searching.

I vape tobacco type flavors most of the time, only because I could not stomach lemon cake or vanilla + mango all day long.

dsites

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2017
Nederland, Colorado
People like what worked for them so they naturally recommend it to others. A 7 second cigarette would need something like a VUSE in the ecig world to mimic it. I started w/ VUSE and quickly moved on. The higher nicotine (18 or 24) level recommended in previous posts would be used at low wattage. Innokin makes a T18 along with the larger T24 which work well and are very simple to use. Good luck and welcome to ECF.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@evan le'garde , I totally get that maybe you are enthusiastic about that mod, but spamming it in new member's postings is getting a bit.... obnoxious?

That is like the worst ever recommendation for a mod for a new vaper. It's huge, it has bells and whistles that are unnecessary, and it's complicated to use.

To the OP: Visiting vape shops is a good idea to get some sense of what's out there. You can buy online, but checking some stuff out in person is a good idea as well.

I'd recommend a moderately priced mod (maybe a one or small two battery to start) and getting a tank that blows bigger clouds at lower resistance coils, then a smaller MTL tank that you can put on the same mod, to figure out which type of vaping suits you better. You could probably buy the first as a kit, and then get a smaller, inexpensive MTL kit, I'd recommend something like the Aspire Nautilus 2 or the Nautilus X. People also seem to like the triton mini, but I think that is getting harder to get. Lots of good MTL tanks out there, however.

If you decide you like big clouds, then you'll want a nicotine juice that has a lower nic content, at 1 pp/d I might suggest starting out at 6 or 9 nic. With a MTL tank, I would get e-juice with a slightly higher PG content, and higher nicotine in the 12--24 range, depending on what amount of nicotine helps you most. I won't really recommend a main setup but I'm sure that others may have some ideas for you.

Best of luck, and I hope vaping works for you, and that your glycemic index starts behaving itself. I'm doubtful that quitting smoking brought on diabetes, unless you started eating very differently once you quit (which does happen, nicotine is an appetite suppressant). I gained 10 VERY NEEDED pounds after switching to vaping, but even then, I had to work at it. But it was way easier than eating with pneumonia for 18 months straight (or so it seemed like).

Welcome to ECF,

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Hi there. I will try to be short in description of my "problem". I'm 35 working as an IT and lately, i got some bad news. After 18 years of smoking, i manage to quit by just saying "this is my last cigarette" a thing which i have never believed to be possible. Before that, i must say that i had like health checks and everything was fine. But after like 2 months of quitting i got the symptoms of diabetes(drinking water and a lot of pee). So got to the doctor and "WOW" my glycemic was to the sky.Basically apart from the water drink feeling i did not experience anything else. But here comes the dose of stupidity. Of course, i have to go to see the doctor and after having a chat with him with questions like " Do you experience eyes sight loss?" or "Is your "dude" working well anymore? well after i finish this chat i was gone directly to the store and buy a pack of cigarettes and smoke 5 of them in like 10 mins. Now i don't blame the doctor or something like that, is just me who i think didn't respond well to the news, even if before i did not feel the need of smoking even if i was near someone who smokes.
Now im not sure if the quitting thing triggered diabetes , i refuse to believe that (anyway is very strange how the glicemy levels works for me , i don't need even pills to reduce it , if i take 10 min walk then everything comes to normal..lol ) but one thing is for sure. I want to quit smoking at least normal cigarettes.
So i really need advice what to get. So I think I'm kinda a heavy smoker doing 1 pack per day(depends on mood, sometimes less and sometimes even more) some friends say i am very strange because I can smoke a cigarette like in 7 seconds(when I'm angry without realizing...lol). I really not like the ideea of liquids with taste of whatever(at least now ) so basssically i need something strong i guees with normal taste of the nicotine ..lol
So if you can help me out what to get will be really appreciated. Regards
As a diabetic for over 20 years i can easily say this cannot be the case (i'm type 1 btw which is called juvenile)
quitting smoking has no relation with diabetes,of course you could be type 2 (which most docs i've seen call it the obesity diabetes since it's most common in that type of people) type 3 is mostly related to old age and unfrequent.
There is a possibility however that quitting smoking might have been a trigger for your pancreas or something, my sister for example has a low glycemic issue but she's not diabetic,so that could be a thing. After all though docs usually have a test to know if you are indeed diabetic or not (not talking about checking your blood sugar levels that's not necessarely a sign).

NB: taste of nicotine ? That sounds like the most disgusting thing btw,get a tobacco flavor otherwise you might gag a bit or choke to hell :p

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
The Charon TS 218 IS 8cm x 5cm x 2.5cm, it isn't huge in any way for a dual 18650 box mod, it's actually much smaller than any other box mod i own, it's small and compact. Maybe compared to any built in lithium battery mod it might be considered large or larger. It also isn't difficult to use. Only if it were purchased to be used for temperature control would there then be a learning curve, otherwise it's as simple as any other mod. It has a large touch screen rather than control buttons.

I wouldn't call posting pictures of an e cigarette device in an e cigarette forum "SPAM". Especially when the device i am recommending came from an ECF competition.

Though if it is then anyone suggesting any kind of e cig device here is also spamming.

Most ridiculous thing i've heard all day. And not at all appreciated.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
The Charon TS 218 IS 8cm x 5cm x 2.5cm, it isn't huge in any way for a dual 18650 box mod, it's actually much smaller than any other box mod i own, it's small and compact. Maybe compared to any built in lithium battery mod it might be considered large or larger. It also isn't difficult to use. Only if it were purchased to be used for temperature control would there then be a learning curve, otherwise it's as simple as any other mod. It has a large touch screen rather than control buttons.

I wouldn't call posting pictures of an e cigarette device in an e cigarette forum "SPAM". Especially when the device i am recommending came from an ECF competition.

Though if it is then anyone suggesting any kind of e cig device here is also spamming.

Most ridiculous thing i've heard all day. And not at all appreciated.
the charon is NOT a beginner's device at all , for a dual yes it's large almost twice as large as my gpriv 2 and i held both in hands.
Posting the same pictures in about half the threads i've checked yeah i'd call that spamming even if it's from an ecf contest (not that the competition has anything to do with it)

Your posts are all the same ie Hey look at my mod get that thing it's awesome basically..... It's gets annoying specially when it has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Your spamming was not appreciated i personally don't care but i'm with Anna here it gets repetitive, i wouldn't recommend a ts mod for someone who is barely starting and i bet no one would either, you can be proud and happy to win that mod (grats btw) but spamming the same comments on half the threads.... I don't call it recommendation anymore, specially when it's about beginners or starter kits.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
the charon is NOT a beginner's device at all , for a dual yes it's large almost twice as large as my gpriv 2 and i held both in hands.
Posting the same pictures in about half the threads i've checked yeah i'd call that spamming even if it's from an ecf contest (not that the competition has anything to do with it)

Your posts are all the same ie Hey look at my mod get that thing it's awesome basically..... It's gets annoying specially when it has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Your spamming was not appreciated i personally don't care but i'm with Anna here it gets repetitive, i wouldn't recommend a ts mod for someone who is barely starting and i bet no one would either, you can be proud and happy to win that mod (grats btw) but spamming the same comments on half the threads.... I don't call it recommendation anymore, specially when it's about beginners or starter kits.

It aint LARGE !. When i opened the box i was surprised to see how small it actually is.

It's small. So it's bigger than your gpriv 2, doesn't mean it's big !.

I also haven't posted pictures on half the threads. That really is a complete exaggeration. I've posted Charon pictures on roughly half a dozen threads in the new members forum and only in the last week.

The Charon is a throttle and go device. It's simple to use and it doesn't have to be used for temperature control. I don't use the temperature control.

I just think the touch screen control panel is an excellent innovation for a box mod so i recommend the Charon because of that particular feature.

It's a super cool box mod and an excellent place to start for any beginner to show off.

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
It aint LARGE !. When i opened the box i was surprised to see how small it actually is.

It's small. So it's bigger than your gpriv 2, doesn't mean it's big !.

I also haven't posted pictures on half the threads. That really is a complete exaggeration. I've posted Charon pictures on roughly half a dozen threads in the new members forum and only in the last week.

The Charon is a throttle and go device. It's simple to use and it doesn't have to be used for temperature control. I don't use the temperature control.

I just think the touch screen control panel is an excellent innovation for a box mod so i recommend the Charon because of that particular feature.

It's a super cool box mod and an excellent place to start for any beginner to show off.
I said half the threads I'VE CHECKED
I don't use temp control either and haven't even mentionned it.
Most devices these days are pickup and go and simple but with it's size many do not like it
Most beginners just want something that works not having touchscreens and every bells and whistles under the tree. Unless someone specifically asks for a boxmod or something to show off these ts devices are IMO not for beginners at all. Again you can disagree all you like, it's totally fine and it's fine if you love that mod (honestly i almost picked it up i just wanted the red gpriv 2 more) but unless someone asks for it i don't that's why most people refer to newbies to the pico or something similar these devices are much more beginner oriented and most of them just want to get off stinkies,that's why i'm saying this.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Well , it is what it is !.

One thing i can say with complete confidence, and sorry to burst your bubble, is that spam gets removed by moderators. It gets removed pretty quick too.

So lets all see how long that takes shall we.

And i wonder how many people will agree/disagree with this post.

I suspect it will just get ignored. What do you think ?.

Stop calling my posts spam !.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Look, I'm sorry to call them that, but you merely post a pic of the mod, with no explanation of its usefulness to a newcomer (until finally called on it) and it does get annoying. I'm glad you like the mod, and find it to be useful to YOU but if you are going to recommend it in a newcomer's thread WITHOUT EXPLANATION of its ease of use (which I believe you are exaggerating, honestly) then it's not helpful, it's just "look at the pic of THIS."

New folks arriving here are confused enough, without throwing a fairly expensive, large box mod with TC in the mix with NO EXPLANATION. That's something an unscrupulous vape shop might sell to a newcomer who isn't ready for all that, and then (fairly often) they wind up here, confused, annoyed, with a subohm tank on top, and remediation and education needs to happen. So, please don't BEHAVE like the vape shop that is not a starter device for most folks and you know it. So either EXPLAIN its features or stop posting it everywhere. You should then ALSO explain the need to buy safe batteries, an external charger, where and how to get said batteries, what DL hits are compared to MTL hits, and etc. YOU DO NONE OF THAT.

People recommending things to newcomers usually do so with a fair amount of explanation about the device, its capabilities, why it MAY or MAY not be suitable. If you'd care to do that in all your posts, then by all means do so. A picture may be worth a thousand words in SOME cases, but not in THIS case.

And yes, you are posting it everywhere, we are thrilled you won, but come ON. You know perfectly well it's an advanced device.

Anna

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Look, I'm sorry to call them that, but you merely post a pic of the mod, with no explanation of its usefulness to a newcomer (until finally called on it) and it does get annoying. I'm glad you like the mod, and find it to be useful to YOU but if you are going to recommend it in a newcomer's thread WITHOUT EXPLANATION of its ease of use (which I believe you are exaggerating, honestly) then it's not helpful, it's just "look at the pic of THIS."

New folks arriving here are confused enough, without throwing a fairly expensive, large box mod with TC in the mix with NO EXPLANATION. That's something an unscrupulous vape shop might sell to a newcomer who isn't ready for all that, and then (fairly often) they wind up here, confused, annoyed, with a subohm tank on top, and remediation and education needs to happen. So, please don't BEHAVE like the vape shop that is not a starter device for most folks and you know it. So either EXPLAIN its features or stop posting it everywhere. You should then ALSO explain the need to buy safe batteries, an external charger, where and how to get said batteries, what DL hits are compared to MTL hits, and etc. YOU DO NONE OF THAT.

People recommending things to newcomers usually do so with a fair amount of explanation about the device, its capabilities, why it MAY or MAY not be suitable. If you'd care to do that in all your posts, then by all means do so. A picture may be worth a thousand words in SOME cases, but not in THIS case.

And yes, you are posting it everywhere, we are thrilled you won, but come ON. You know perfectly well it's an advanced device.

Anna

To be perfectly honest and transparent about this i have to say that i don't expect any one other than the op to have anything to say about what i may or may not have written. It is "very" surprising to me that my posts get any attention at all from you. If they are as useless as you say then i suspect the op can figure that out for themselves.

• Disagree
Reactions: medleypat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread