Hello, another newbie here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass Ackwards

Mar 4, 2013
Sweden
Hi !

My name is Anders, I'm a newbie to vaping.
Still checking around mostly, trying to pick up the lingo and such.
There is such a wealth of information here, but it's a bit overwhelming and confusing :blush:
Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon.

I just put in an order for some stuff today, and hopefully I havent gotten in over my head.
After browsing these forums I decided to skip the cheap cig-a-like that usually seems to be the first step for many.
And ordered what I think is a bit more of an advanced kit, though it was labeled as a starter kit on the site so I dunno ? :laugh:

Two 1100mAh eGo batteries with Kanger T3 clearomizers
A bag of some sort, and a USB charger.
I had to order the E-juice separate, since in Sweden they are only allowed to sell nicotine-free juices :glare:
But atleast I could get a discount on the kit if I opted out of the 0mg juice option.
Looking forward to getting it in the mail soon, and hopefully start vaping !

Currently I smoke about a pack a day of analogs, and I've been doing that for about 20 years.
Hopefully I can put an end to that soon !

I have tried to swich over to "snus" wich kind of worked, but gave me mouth ulcers and tummy aches after about a week.
I tried the gum, wich tasted horrible and also gave me tummy aches pretty much instantly.
The same with the "mints", and patches did absolutely nothing. *sigh*
During the winter I stick mostly to the full flavored analogs, but when the weather warms up I like me some menthol flavors too.
I have also had some period with a pipe (I thought it might be cheaper....It wasn't) and I liked the cherry flavored tobacco for that.

The E-juice I ordered is the Black label, Enigma from ENjuice.
Hopefully I will like that, but if anyone has any juice suggestions I'll be happy to hear them, especially if they are cheaper since money is tight.

Anyway, thanks, and I'll cya around the forums !

Bass Ackwards

Mar 4, 2013
Sweden
Just a few ponderings, as I sit and wait for my kit to arrive.

I wonder as I read the topics here, it seems that eGo is not exactly a brand name as I had thought ?
It made me feel a bit silly, like thinking "shoes" was a brand name,
when I should have been looking for the word "Nike" :laugh:
Or am I just misunderstanding things completly here ?

How would I know if I purchased an JoyTech (I belive that's the original ?) or a knock-off ?
Not that I particularly care what logo is on the thing, but knowing that it's "authentic" is somewhat comforting.

I was also wondering how long the batteries and cartomizers generally last before I need to replace them ?
However I do realize it's an iffy question, and that it probably varies with usage, mantinence, and what kind of juices I put in there.
But is there some kind of general guideline ?

I'm trying to figure out a roughly estimated cost/month or year, but these are unknown variables to me.
I assume I will not be throwing money at custom paintjobs, designer diamond studded mouthpieces or such.....But, you know :p

Thanks !

Bass Ackwards

Mar 4, 2013
Sweden
Well well, my hardware just arrived today, as I expected.
Hopefully the E-juice isn't far behind.

I was mildly suprised at the small:ish size of the eGo's though, I was almost expecting something the size of a lightsabre :laugh:
But I suppose thats for the even more advanced models with all the bells and whistles, variable voltage settings, built in Ohm meters, vibrating massage action and Knight Rider K.I.T.T. quotes....That kind of stuff :p

Anyway, I'm not dissapointed, just suprised....Is there a support group for people with PV envy ? :laugh:

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Welcome to ECF Bass. You will do fine with that kit. As far as the size goes yours is one of the bigger ones. If you had gotten a 650 it would have been even shorter but yours being a 1100 will stay charged a lot longer. As you look around ECF you will find all kinds of mini groups where people hang out and discuss different mods and accessories.

mtw4shore

Moved On
Nov 7, 2012
I have 2- 1100 mAh Vision E-go's. I vape pretty heavily, and they last all day, even though I was told they would last 2:(. The clearos should last a couple of weeks, maybe longer if cleaned periodically. You can certainly find plenty of cleaning info here. When you first start, keep a lot of juice on hand. The in between point from quitting smoking, to being comfortable with it is tough. I vaped A LOT! Keep both clearos with you at all times. If there is a problem with one, you want that immediate backup, because your mind will immediately want to just go buy some smokes. On the bright side, there IS an end to the cig cravings.
I got some of the best knowledge just talking to an actual person in a shop that supplied only e-cig stuff.
Welcome, and vape on!

Bass Ackwards

Mar 4, 2013
Sweden
Thanks everyone ! :)

@ mtw4shore: So I can safely assume I'll need to buy minimum one new clearo monthly, even with mantinance ?
As for the batteries, I read (somewhere, possibly herabouts) they would last roughly one day.
But I was more concerned with it's total lifetime, before it will break down.

@ nekozombie: I checked up on Mount Baker, and did some calculations.
The shipping to Sweden bumps the price up a bit unfortunatly.
This means maybe longer shipping times and a potential risk of getting slapped with extra charges from customs.
:( (happened once with a knife I purchased from the US)
Their juice might be of a quality that's worth the extra hassle though, I'll most likely try them out at some point and find out.

I ordered my first batch from ENjuice wich I belive is based in the UK.
The juice itself was higher in price, but the shipping cost was lower, so it came out at roughly the same price in the end.
And since its in EU it should not get bogged down in customs.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I wonder as I read the topics here, it seems that eGo is not exactly a brand name as I had thought ?
It made me feel a bit silly, like thinking "shoes" was a brand name,
when I should have been looking for the word "Nike"
Or am I just misunderstanding things completly here ?

eGo is a class of PV. Diiff brands of eGo are JoyTech, Kgo, Riva, SmokTek eGo. These brands listed are all made by large and reputable companies. There are smaller companies that do also make an eGo type PV.

How would I know if I purchased an JoyTech (I belive that's the original ?) or a knock-off ?
Not that I particularly care what logo is on the thing, but knowing that it's "authentic" is somewhat comforting.

On the end of the battery there should be a JoyTech logo
View attachment 184654

I was also wondering how long the batteries and cartomizers generally last before I need to replace them ?
Generally the rule of thumb is 100 mah= 1 hr normal vaping before recharge. Batteries are good for about 250- 300 recharges.

However I do realize it's an iffy question, and that it probably varies with usage, mantinence, and what kind of juices I put in there. But is there some kind of general guideline ?
Wipe your batts before placing on charger. Only finger tighten accessories to batts. Shake juice before dripping into delivery device.
Here's the ECF UK Forum. Chrissie is a wealth of info, has a list of reputable vendors and also has a discount code list:
UK Forum
Best of Luck.

Last edited:

Bass Ackwards

Mar 4, 2013
Sweden
Thanks Vapoor eyes !

I notice that my batteries do not have the logo, infact no logo of any kind, other than saying eGo-T.
It doesnt even say "tm" :laugh:
Nowhere on the site does it say wich brand they sell either, it just says eGo as if it was the brand.
Hence my confusion about the matter.

Maybe I'll email them and ask, maybe I won't bother.
As I said, I don't really care what logo is on there, aslong as it works.
But it does seem a slight bit shady....Shady, or incompetent :laugh:
Or maybe it's just me ?

Thanks again !

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks Vapoor eyes !

I notice that my batteries do not have the logo, infact no logo of any kind, other than saying eGo-T.
It doesnt even say "tm" :laugh:
Nowhere on the site does it say wich brand they sell either, it just says eGo as if it was the brand.
Hence my confusion about the matter.

Maybe I'll email them and ask, maybe I won't bother.
As I said, I don't really care what logo is on there, aslong as it works.
But it does seem a slight bit shady....Shady, or incompetent :laugh:
Or maybe it's just me ?

Thanks again !

You're welcome. Some believe JoyTech is the best while I think Kgo is better. I own both and notice a stronger vape from my Kgo.
Kgo fires @ 3.7 volts
Smok eGo fires @ 3.7 volts.
JoyTech..IDK. JT website says 3.3 but I've been told it's 3.4- 3.5 volts.
I am not brand loyal and buy my gear based on research. For instance even though I LOVE my Kgo 3.7 I don't like my Kgo VV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread