Hello everyone and need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonecoldvaper

Mar 16, 2018
Hello to all! Excited to be joining. Unfortunately though I was brought here searching for an answer. But decided to join in the process so that's nice
Just bought a Horizon-tech Falcon tank. Dying to try this thing, right.....pop it on my nearly brand new Smok Veneno: "no Atomizer". Ok. Try again, not screwing too tight obviously but firm enough to make connection. Same msg. Turn the mod on and off. Take batteries in and out (they are just fine). SAME MSG. OK. put it on my almost brand new Smok Majesty.SAME MSG. tried all things there too.
I have had different tanks on these mods in the past trying out a new tank besides a a SMOK tank, to see if I would like it better. I have had a Wismec Gnome on the mod(s), an Aspire Cleito, a Crown Mini version1....no issues anyone of them. I contacted the eBay seller I bought from & he suggested trying the other coil. I have installed it but waiting for it to prime up first.
I did notice on the bottom of the tank the pin doesn't protrude much. There is no slot to try and tighten or loosen it.
I'm not a new vaper. I would say.... intermediate.
Besides changing the coil, and checking to see if the 510 connection might be "stuck"; any other ideas?
Also, two other things. When I just unpacked this tank yesterday, noticed 2 things. #1- nothing engraved on bottom of tank. I thought most companies had that. #2- putting in the authenticity code on the Horizon-tech webpage brings up this totally strange msg; a bunch of symbols, the next day's date, etc. Wtf? I screen-shot it if anyone wants to see.
I addressed this with the seller. "The blank bottom on the tank should not be a suprise BC that is on my pics on the listing". "The code....it is a Chinese website. If you put in a random # it will have a msg that says something to the effect of it not being real." I did that &the seller is right about that.
Sorry for the long post.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I can’t speak to authenticity, but something somewhere is not making an electrical connection. The device could just have a short post. Is there a screw in the bottom of the post? If so you could try giving it a turn or two to extend it and see if that works. Also the coil may not be correctly seated

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Same here, would not be able to venture a guess. It's possible that your coil isn't seated right, changing coils might help.

I agree with Bombastinator, your 510 pin on your tank may be too short to fully make a connection with your mod, and that is why it's not making the connection. If there is a screw on the bottom of your tank you can turn it a few twists to see if you can get your pin to extend slightly. I would just be careful and not turn it too tight as otherwise, you may have problems with your coil then connecting with the screw at the bottom of the tank. But if you can turn it a few twists, I would probably give that a go first. Then, if that doesn't resolve things, try another coil.

If that doesn't resolve things, I might try to return the tank since you are uncertain of its authenticity and it may be a cloned tank and that may be why you are having these issues to begin with.

Best of luck and welcome to ECF.

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: bombastinator

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I did notice on the bottom of the tank the pin doesn't protrude much. There is no slot to try and tighten or loosen it.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Sounds like you bought a tank and can't fire it up.
Could contact:
local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread