Hello forum. I'm new. Is it too soon to ask an AR mod question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
It's an old school mech mod, only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. :) So many mech mod clones were made back then people loaded up on them. The trend has swung away from mechs anymore. You could try listing it in the classifieds but I have seen quite a few high end old school authentic mech mods sit unpurchased.

Layla Michelle

Jun 25, 2021
Texas
It's an old school mech mod, only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. :) So many mech mod clones were made back then people loaded up on them. The trend has swung away from mechs anymore. You could try listing it in the classifieds but I have seen quite a few high end old school authentic mech mods sit unpurchased.
Thanks ! I didn't even know there were classifieds on this site. Thats cool.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
It's a great looking mech I have one myself in my stash :) another thing to consider is with all the regulations, bans and laws quickly changing things are not in our favor, it's a very anti vaping atmosphere growing by the day. You might really need those for yourself as equipment you like to use becomes much more difficult or impossible to buy.

A quick Google shows new being sold for as low as $25.00, clearing out old stock I suppose (before the USPS shipping ban maybe)
New mine was $165, very solid but very uncomfortable to hold because of the ridges, bottom fire button with no lock.

Last edited:

Layla Michelle

Jun 25, 2021
Texas
It's a great looking mech I have one myself in my stash :) another thing to consider is with all the regulations, bans and laws quickly changing things are not in our favor, it's a very anti vaping atmosphere growing by the day. You might really need those for yourself as equipment you like to use becomes much more difficult or impossible to buy.

A quick Google shows new being sold for as low as $25.00, clearing out old stock I suppose (before the USPS shipping ban maybe)
New mine was $165, very solid but very uncomfortable to hold because of the ridges, bottom fire button with no lock.
Yes, those regs. I wrote to congress about it after I read the legislation. I wish everyone knew how easy it is to do that using resistbot. They've made it as simple as sending a text, so it only takes a minute. If everyone wrote them and told them they need to focus on other things than further restricting smokers, then this sort of thing would backfire on them. It appears they left a loophole just for cigars. Is it b/c all the fat cats smoke those? That'd be my guess.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
If not, I'm wondering if the authentic original AR mods by Tac Mods USA (unused/as new) are worth much to anybody these days? I gave one away today cause I have a couple of them but then someone said I was foolish for giving it away b/c it's kind of valuable. Any idea if that's accurate?

Welcome to ECF.

Generally speaking authentic mechanical mods hold their value since they have a long lifespan, although many of us are fairly well broke from stocking up so right now buyers of pricier gear are fewer, plus all the closeout prices spoiled some of us ..

but all in all, if there's not a lot of buyers today there may be tomorrow. I'd be prepared to show your purchase receipt at time of sale to prove authenticity, it would likely be helpful.

Good luck, and again, welcome to the forums!

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Howdy2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread