Status
Not open for further replies.

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello Everyone,

I've been interested in eCigarettes for a while. Last Tuesday I was in a local mall and saw one of those kiosks that sells the smoke-51's. I approached the kiosk for information and was told that they were having an Independence day sale. The sales girl let me try one by putting a mouth piece (I've come to recognize this now as a normal cartomizer condom with a hole punched in it) over a cartomizer and handing it to me. During the sale I could buy the starter kit (One battery, Two Cartomizers, a USB charger and a clamshell carrying case for only $100 (Normally $150). Or I could get the more advanced kit (normally $200) that comes with and extra battery and a wall charger for only $150. 5 packs of cartomizers were on sale for $12.50 (down from $25).

This all seemed really steep to me; but after puffing on it for a little while I was impressed at how "life-like" it was. I asked how long one battery would last based on me being about a pack and a half to two packs a day smoker and she said probably a little more than half a day. I quickly compared the cost in my head to what I would pay for Chantix (which worked on me before, I had quit for 2 years) and decided to go with the basic kit. I got her to throw in a 5 pack of cartomizers with it and felt I'd done pretty well.

The sales girl told me the battery was fully charged so I walked away puffing on my new toy. I didn't feel the urge at all to smoke a real cigarette and even had time to chuckle at all the people standing out side the mall smoking in the rain until about 2.5 hours later when the battery died. :ohmy: I figured it just hadn't been fully charged as the girl had said. Back on normal cigarettes for the rest of the day.

When I got home I popped it on the charger and started surfing for more information about this brand. All the reviews of it seemed pretty good. Although they all also seemed to give discount codes... Then I found the smoke-51 website and realized I had way overpaid!

That day I found this forum and over the next couple days I read a lot! Last Thursday I ordered 2 Bloog 120mm auto batteries, a PCC, a USB charger and a variety pack of their cartomizers (all for considerably less than I had paid for the smoke-51. Those arrived today and I must say I feel like this is a much better product. The bloog web site insinuated that the PCC would fit the 102mm batteries. It doesn't. But this product does perform and taste better than the smoke-51. I like the idea of the PCC so I'll probably just order a couple shorter batteries (maybe I'll try on manual) and keep one big one at the office and the other at home.

Sorry if this text was long. I just wanted to introduce my self and say thanks to all the helped me with out even realizing it by having posted here before me!

proggieus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
minneapolis
welcome aboard, you seem to be following the usual path into vaping. Buy an overpriced kit, Buy a better kit and get hooked.

You will soon be researching mods with bigger batteries etc.

The first few months can be a little expensive as you try to find the right combination that will work for you but stick with it, eventually you will find what works best for you and then you MIGHT start saving money. there always seems to be a new device or flavor to try. but even if you spend the same or even a little more at least you are getting away from the other 4000 chemicals in real cigs.

the3orpdeenyse

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Benton, Louisiana
Welcome to ECF, Solemn!

Another tid bit of info for you-it seems to me that the way to go, if your a KR808-D user, is with the Volt brand. There will probably be another reference to it on this thread, eventually. The prices are great, as well as the product, from what I read. Granted, I have no experience with Bloog or Volt-my first 808 non complete rip off vendor was v2cigs, but I would have easily gone with Volt, had I discovered ECF sooner.

Anyhow, not trying to knock Bloog. Like we all say, any device that keeps you off the analogue is a great device. Just figured I'd throw that intel your way if or when you decide to spend around $60 again.

bebeau25

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
Tulsa OK
I made the same mistake except with V2 cigs. Made my way to an eGo C set up and I've been off the analogs for 8 weeks. Good luck to you. I won't mention the Odyseus or the Provari that I already have.

Hi, I'm also new here. If you don't mind me asking, what didn't you like about V2?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I had read about the volt here also. I may try it out next time I need to order something. (pretty soon at the rate I'm going through cartomizers).

I definitely plan on getting some juice and filling my own but I've been ordering the pre filled ones for now until I find a flavor I'm willing to commit too. I liked the flavor of the Bloog RY4 but found it to be a little too subtle. That may change as I get off the cigarettes though. Their "red" was okay but seemed to have a hint of green apple that I wasn't looking for... I just put on the 555 and I like it better than the other two but still not ready to buy a bottle of it. Over all I think I would like the flavors more if the throat hit were a bit stronger.

Does throat hit increase with nicotine content? I've been using the 16mg. Which is what I had on the smoke-51. The smoke-51 seemed to have a better "feel" even if the flavor wasn't as complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread