Hello from Athens, Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manos K

Jan 6, 2021
Athens, Greece
Hello all and Happy New Year!

My name is Manos and I am from Athens, Greece. New to the forum but I have been vaping for 7 years now. Until recently I was DIY'ing my own juices but I was always using factory atomizers. After seven years I decided to switch to a repairable one. Mostly to renew my interest so I can avoid smoking.

I bought the Hellvape MD MTL. It is considered an easy, inexpensive, VFM atomizer.

However, I have tried to wick it 4-5 times and I have failed vaping everytime. The reason is leaking. As soon as I wick it I can vape for half an hour at best before it leaks badly. I mean it loses ALL juice from the airflow holes. Sometimes it leaks straight away.

I know I am a newbie in building but how hard can it be? I have watched many videos on YT to see how it's done, I have taken various approaches, less cotton, more cotton, less fluff, more fluff... nothing works.

I am wondering whether the atomizer I bought is faulty and if I should take it back to the store for a checkup. There might be an o-ring missing, perhaps?

Resistance

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2020

My name is Manos and I am from Athens, Greece. New to the forum but I have been vaping for 7 years now. Until recently I was DIY'ing my own juices but I was always using factory atomizers. After seven years I decided to switch to a repairable one. Mostly to renew my interest so I can avoid smoking.

I bought the Hellvape MD MTL. It is considered an easy, inexpensive, VFM atomizer.

However, I have tried to wick it 4-5 times and I have failed vaping everytime. The reason is leaking. As soon as I wick it I can vape for half an hour at best before it leaks badly. I mean it loses ALL juice from the airflow holes. Sometimes it leaks straight away.

I know I am a newbie in building but how hard can it be? I have watched many videos on YT to see how it's done, I have taken various approaches, less cotton, more cotton, less fluff, more fluff... nothing works.

I am wondering whether the atomizer I bought is faulty and if I should take it back to the store for a checkup. There might be an o-ring missing, perhaps?
Hi and welcome to the forum. It could be any of the factors you mentioned sometimes if the o-rings on the tank doesn't seal the glass tube, you also get this.
Try changing the o-rings and flipping the glass upside down.

Reactions: Manos K

Manos K

Jan 6, 2021
Athens, Greece
Hi @Resistance and thanks for the reply.

First thing I did when I unboxed the MD was to replace the 2ml tank with the 4ml one. When I tried to remove the 2ml tank from the bottom part, the o-ring was cut and its one end was stuck on the tank. I discarded it completely and replaced it with another one however I am not sure if I installed it properly. It's not the easiest thing to do when you are shortsighted, right? There should be an easier way to do this but I can't find anything online.

Reactions: Resistance

Resistance

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2020
Hi @Resistance and thanks for the reply.

First thing I did when I unboxed the MD was to replace the 2ml tank with the 4ml one. When I tried to remove the 2ml tank from the bottom part, the o-ring was cut and its one end was stuck on the tank. I discarded it completely and replaced it with another one however I am not sure if I installed it properly. It's not the easiest thing to do when you are shortsighted, right? There should be an easier way to do this but I can't find anything online.
I don't own a MD. I've watched it because I wanted to get one. From what your saying is the glass might be the issue also.
(Not sure) but I had this issue with a glass tube that wasn't cut properly and looked like the tower of Pisa when on a flat surface. I would say try again. Maybe you'll get it this time.

Reactions: Manos K

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Thank you for the welcome!

@Superuser187, I found this forum from your original post. It seems you had the same issues with the MD but you took a different approach.

Its nice u joined here because there are some very experienced vapers.... I learned a lot by asking and studying the threads in the 6 months I vape again and started rtas....
The md was my first rebuildable and my bad luck made it a good lesson cause i had problems but I had to learned how atomizers work.
Enjoy your md

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens

BTW which o ring was missing on yours???

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Actually, it was not really missing. As soon as I unboxed it, I tried to change the tank to the 4ml one. While I removed the 2ml from the bottom part, the o-ring was kinda stuck on the rim of the tank and was also cut. I discarded it but I guess I did not replace it.

Oh ok that's nothing....good that yours don't have problem
:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Reactions: Resistance
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread