Hello from Cali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_&3

Aug 13, 2012
CA
Hi all, long time reader....first time poster. I just had a couple of questions that you might be able to help me with. I have been vaping for about 3 months now, I have a South Beach Smoke delux starter kit. I know it's not the greatest but their customer service is awesome. But after they switched their cartridges (taste is different and they only last about 1/2 as long) I think it's time for me to upgrade. So far I think I have decided to go with this kit:
http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?pag..._color_plus.tpl&product_id=438&category_id=31

Is this a good one to go with?

What else do I need besides the juice?
Are there setups that you don't have to continually purchase cartridges all the time?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Matt

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Hi Matt, and good to see you broke the ice and posted.

I have heard that some of the Boge cartridges aren't doing well, maybe a bad run? Perhaps you got some of those? There is a thread on here calle bogegate that might clear that up.

As for the Kgo, I am not familiar enough with it to say. I do know that most people are recommending the eGo Twist.

lonnieperrin

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Las Vegas NV
lonnieperrin.com
As with any industry, to continue to do business they need repeat customers.
The Atty's, cartomizers, clearomizers and most all others are the consumible part of the hardware of e-cigs.

The only buffer I can find to this is the rebuildable atomizers, may I suggest that you consider leaving the "Kits" behind and go to Gotvapes.com and look at better bataries, and rebuildable atomizers

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Matt, Welcome to the ECF.
Have you ever filled a cartomizer?
How long does a pre filled carto generally last you in terms of use?
What level(mg) do you currenty use?

The kit you have listed is a nice one . For the price of that kit it would be tough to find something as nice or nicer. The kGo kits are a reliable solotion for your issue. They do include two atomizers. You will also want to get a pack of cartomizers in low resistance and a pack in standard resistancce also a simple drip tip. This way you can use the atomizers to test your liquid flavors(search dripping) and then load up a cartomizer with the one(s) you like. You will also want to search fro filling a cartomizer to see how it can be done if you dont already have that down pat. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

jonnypanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
Arlington, VA
I was in your position a little while back and a lot of people steered me towards the Twist. It's just like that Kgo, but you can adjust the voltage from 3.2 to 4.8, and it doesn't cost much more.
I have been lucky so far and have not received any bad cartos, but you will definitely want to order extras of whatever you decide on as the attys that it comes with won't last too long.
I ordered a few different clearos, attys, and cartos to see what I liked.
There are lots of juice samplers out there too.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi welcome to ECF and congrats. The cartridge/ atty system is problematic with leaking. Better to get a Kgo with clearomizers or cartomizers. With clearos I get about 3-4 weeks before I have to replace the head- very easy and takes about 10 secs. With a cartomizer+ tank my cartos last:
with light juice 80-90 ml
with dark juice 50-60 ml

Hi all, long time reader....first time poster. I just had a couple of questions that you might be able to help me with. I have been vaping for about 3 months now, I have a South Beach Smoke delux starter kit. I know it's not the greatest but their customer service is awesome. But after they switched their cartridges (taste is different and they only last about 1/2 as long) I think it's time for me to upgrade. So far I think I have decided to go with this kit:
http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?pag..._color_plus.tpl&product_id=438&category_id=31

Is this a good one to go with?

What else do I need besides the juice?
Are there setups that you don't have to continually purchase cartridges all the time?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Matt

natchez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
Nevada
Hi welcome to ECF and congrats. The cartridge/ atty system is problematic with leaking. Better to get a Kgo with clearomizers or cartomizers. With clearos I get about 3-4 weeks before I have to replace the head- very easy and takes about 10 secs. With a cartomizer+ tank my cartos last:
with light juice 80-90 ml
with dark juice 50-60 ml

+1- some of the systems I have read leak a lot, others not so much. My Joyetech eGo-C has been fine- no real leakage, but the clearomizers are easier and hold more liquid. So, they last a bit longer between refills.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yes some don't have immediate problems with the cartridge/ atty system but eventually they begin to leak and must be fiddled with. If someone is really set on dripping I will usually recommend a bottom feeder.
Cheers.

+1- some of the systems I have read leak a lot, others not so much. My Joyetech eGo-C has been fine- no real leakage, but the clearomizers are easier and hold more liquid. So, they last a bit longer between refills.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Bullette the Kgo fan here. Been using my kit for 5 months now. It's great.
The battery is a slightly higher voltage than a standard Ego-type batt so I get a good vape from it.
I use it with either Boge 2.0 ohm cartomizers or Smoketech 1.7 ohm cartomizers. I don't use a tank. It is simple this way. No leaks no burning no problems. A cartomizer lasts me about 5-7 days if I fill it right the first time & keep it wet.
The kit you linked to is a GREAT price. If I were to buy it, I would toss the cartridges, keep the atties, buy some cartomizers & juices & I'd be vaping away!
Good luck. If you get the Kgo you will like it. It is a good step up & easy to use.

Matt_&3

Aug 13, 2012
CA
Thank you all very much for your replies. You are all so helpful. I think I will get the kit I linked and start from there to see how I like it, then adventure more from that point. I am a fan of simplicity, that's why I went with the South Beach Smoke starter kit, but if I really enjoy it I will try different options. So far I really enjoy vaping a lot more than I thought I would. I'm glad I found this site to expand on my newly found hobby :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread