Hello from India - noob vaper needing help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
Hi all !

My name is Ananth and I am a noob vaper and I am a wannabe cancer-stick quitter and I want your help :)

I thought I would start off this post with a brief 1.5 month history of my vaping and where I am stuck at or need help. Just to reiterate - I reside in India - I guess this is important as your recommendations need to be obtainable as importing is out of the question :(

As a beginner, I started off with a starter kit and the Inizio 900 kit came recommended (from ivape.in, I am pretty sure this would not be a familiar device out here, its just a simple vape pen - very basic). I used this for awhile before the charger and the battery got stuck and in an attempt to fix it, all I managed was to total the device.

Next up - my friend had a spare joyetech eGo AIO kit (couple of years old I presume). In a day I realised that the coil was bust as I got dry hits even though the tank still had e juice in it. Thankfully there was a spare coil (0.6 that came with the kit) and I am currently using that. All my liquids are 30/70 PG/VG - not by choice, more by chance - they are what is easily available out here. After having used both the kits, I really like the joyetech - vapor production was awesome and flavour hit is ok too. I just feel more at home using this.

But the age of the device showed up and it was often gurgling, though I must add that the battery is fine. So I did the regular troubleshooting for gurgling and spitting and it was ok but I knew that this was a very temmporary solution. So in desperate need of a device lest I relapse, I got some help from some reddit people and I ended up buying the Cascade One Plus kit. Only after I purchased it did I realise the whole DTL thingie but now I have come to terms with it and the kit is fine (I think the battery is faulty as 3000 mAh should definitely last longer than it actuall is though that is a different story) - also it guzzles juice like mad but I guess that goes with the DTL tereritory.

So that is my current state of affairs. Now I need help in 3 areas
- I do not have a back up and I want one as the Joyetech is not reliable. What should it be? I am thinking more of a MTL so that I can save some juice and keep vaping
- Is my Vaporesso purchase good or should I have invested elsewhere? You can be honest!
- If there is anyone from India I would like some e liquid purchase suggestions. In my 1.5 months I have not found one to my liking. I am keeping at it just to quit

I did consider the Innokin T20s along with the Vaporesso, guess I settled on the powerful one. Given that I am very serious about kicking the habit, I am not averse to spending some more (I dont think returning the Vaporesso is an option, returning and getting something else in India is not that easy, afaik!) but I would like for you people to suggest the path that is going to keep the cigarettes away. I think it is worth spending a little extra if I can give them up for good.

Thanks, Ananth

PS : The vaping experience with Cascade is GREAT. I should have mentioned it but other than the juice disappearing at the speed of light, I am thoroughly enjoying it. I like large clouds (more psychological than anything !!) and flavour seems better. I just have one very possibly stupid question though - when I do the DTL vaping on the cascade, there is this flavour taste on my tongue (more like an after taste!) post exhale - is that just the water vapour taste or is the liquid actually leaking? I dont think it is the latter as I have experienced gurgling on the Joyetech but I wanted to ask out here just to make sure that I was not doing anything extremely wrong.... I am not able to explain it any better but I am pretty certain the device is not leaking!

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
When we say leaking, we mean, you can see it coming out of the tank, usually running down the mod, maybe only a tiny bit. Sounds like you are getting spit back.

Try adjusting the watts up or down a bit, and don’t suck quite so hard.

I have NRG tanks, very similar to yours. They do use a lot of juice and run through batteries quickly, so you’re not doing anything wrong there. Nothing wrong with your device.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome to the community Ananth. You might like the Innokin Kroma/Zenith kit if you can get one. Zenith tank and coils can accommodate mtl or rl. You could also just buy the Zenith and use another device. If you have access to authentic 18650 batteries a dual battery 18650 or single 21700 mod would give you a much longer battery life with the Cascade tank.

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@DeloresRose
This device has no wattage adjustment. And I do a slow pull (inhale). And certainly its not leaking - nothing down the mod. Did not know batteries too would die fast... so maybe the battery is not faulty ! Thanks for that informmation

@Letitia
There is only one vendor here and he is selling it at an exorbitant price - almost 90 USD, is that ok you think?
What exactly do you mean by you can just buy the zenith and use with another device? I apologise, I am not too conversant with all there is to know :(
That last bit is about external batteries right? I have never dabbled into that, so I have no idea about the market for those here....

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The zenith MTL tank is sold separately from the kit and you may be able to get it more easily and cheaper than the whole kit. If you have a wattage device of any sort, you can safely use the Zenith tank but at lower wattage than the Cascade tank.

It's a good kit together, the zenith/kroma but you don't HAVE to buy it together, is I think what is being said.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The Innokin kit I mentioned includes a Kroma device (internal battery) and a Zenith tank. Both have standard 510 threading like what you already have so can be used with other gear. If you give some idea of what your local shop carries we could better advice you. Make sure the shop intends to carry the coils for any tank you decide to buy.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Welcome to the community Ananth. You might like the Innokin Kroma/Zenith kit if you can get one. Zenith tank and coils can accommodate mtl or rl. You could also just buy the Zenith and use another device. If you have access to authentic 18650 batteries a dual battery 18650 or single 21700 mod would give you a much longer battery life with the Cascade tank.
[URL=Aananthakrishnan said:
There is only one vendor here and he is selling it at an exorbitant price - almost 90 USD, is that ok you think?
What exactly do you mean by you can just buy the zenith and use with another device? I apologise, I am not too conversant with all there is to know.
That last bit is about external batteries right? I have never dabbled into that, so I have no idea about the market for those here....
"Starter kits" come with both a battery device and a tank. 95% of the time you can exchange one or the other and use them on another device. So you could buy just a Zenith tank and put it on whatever battery device you are currently using.

Mod battery devices are powered either by a non-removable internal battery (internal battery mods) or by removable external batteries (external battery mods).

Once the battery in the internal battery mod stops holding a charge (after 250 - 300 charge cycles), the entire mod becomes a paperweight. You then need to buy A NEW MOD.

When the battery used in an external battery mod stops holding a charge, you don't have to buy a new mod. You simply buy new external batteries (about $5 - -$8 a piece here in the USA) and continue to use your favorite mod as before.

Another negative with using an internal battery mod is if you are out and about and your battery loses its charge, you can't vape again until you can get to an electrical outlet to use the USB charger to charge the battery back up, and WAIT until the battery is charged enough to vape again.

A plus with using an external battery mod is if you are out and about and your battery loses its charge, you could carry spare charged batteries with you and simply exchange the batteries so that you can continue to vape.

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping explains about external batteries.
Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper lists examples of popular internal and external battery mods.

Last edited:

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@stols001
Hi Anna, I do not have any wattage device. All I got is the joyetech and vaporesso kit but I understand what you are saying

@Letitia
Where I live (a place called Chennai) there are no local shop carriers. So I can not try anything out - all I got are on line vendors. There is only one vendor who sells this kroma-zentith kit (Innokin Kroma A Zenith Vape Mods Kit | Litejoy India) but the price is around 6K INR. I think this is almost double the price, no? I did talk to them and they do carry coils for all kits they sell, so I think that is covered. But I am wondering if I am being taken for a ride at these prices

@Baditude
Thanks for the in depth explanation. I have read both your starter and advanced kit blog posts and they were enlightening for a nook like me. However, as far as external batteries and a mod for that goes, I am not even sure where to start out here. While I can clearly see the pros of an external battery mod, out here I do not know who to trust or from which online retailer to buy. And importing is not an option because I hear that it is only a 50% chance that you clear customs. This is where I am stuck at. Similar problem for my juices too :(

Also - what do you guys have to say about the Vaporesso Cascade One Plus - is that a good purchase or is zenith-kroma the way to go? I really am lost here :(

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@stols001
Hi Anna, I do not have any wattage device. All I got is the joyetech and vaporesso kit but I understand what you are saying
@Letitia
Where I live (a place called Chennai) there are no local shop carriers. So I can not try anything out - all I got are on line vendors. There is only one vendor who sells this kroma-zentith kit (Innokin Kroma A Zenith Vape Mods Kit | Litejoy India) but the price is around 6K INR. I think this is almost double the price, no? I did talk to them and they do carry coils for all kits they sell, so I think that is covered. But I am wondering if I am being taken for a ride at these prices
@Baditude
Thanks for the in depth explanation. I have read both your starter and advanced kit blog posts and they were enlightening for a nook like me. However, as far as external batteries and a mod for that goes, I am not even sure where to start out here. While I can clearly see the pros of an external battery mod, out here I do not know who to trust or from which online retailer to buy. And importing is not an option because I hear that it is only a 50% chance that you clear customs. This is where I am stuck at. Similar problem for my juices too
I can't help you with your issues about importing from outside of you country. If you are willing to risk it, you can order online from Fast Tech (China) for a very acceptable price including free shipping. Package comes in plain brown shipping wrapper with no return address, which should get past customs.

Concerning batteries and a charger:

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I can't help you with your issues about importing from outside of you country. If you are willing to risk it, you can order online from Fast Tech (China) for a very acceptable price including free shipping. Package comes in plain brown shipping wrapper with no return address, which should get past customs.

Concerning batteries and a charger:

Do you request the plain brown wrap with no return address?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Do you request the plain brown wrap with no return address?
I do not. I have received several packages from Fast Tech over the last year or so and don't recall there ever being any return address or any indication of what the contents were. I knew from past experience how long shipping would take (3 - 4 weeks) and that I could know approximately when to expect delivery. I have in my possession at home the most recent package (replacement mesh coils for the Geekvape Aero subohm tank) received from Fast Tech, which I haven't bothered to open yet. Nothing but a plain brown wrap.

Reactions: stols001

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@Baditude
The only local vendor who sells the kromma/zenith is selling it for around 1K INR more than the price you mentioned at fasttech. They also have the zenith coils, so I guess I have to accept that extra cost. I will give a shot trying to import the coils from fasttech and see what happens. One question though - the coils you have linked are aspire, is it not better to get the zenith coils, just curious....

Also are there any other recommendations in terms of kits - something as good but easier on the purse strings? Please do let me know

Also if I do go down the external battery, what is the mod to buy for that? I checked that I can indeed locally source that batteries and the charger.
Thanks for all the help

@MJCSD
Thank you :)

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Baditude
I am unable to post the local links, I guess I need to make more posts to get that down. But I think I can source coils, batteries, charger at a reasonably premium price
Would be better if you went thru the site and found a few of the cheaper options and then asked about specific devices.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Hi all !

My name is Ananth and I am a noob vaper and I am a wannabe cancer-stick quitter and I want your help :)

I thought I would start off this post with a brief 1.5 month history of my vaping and where I am stuck at or need help. Just to reiterate - I reside in India - I guess this is important as your recommendations need to be obtainable as importing is out of the question :(

As a beginner, I started off with a starter kit and the Inizio 900 kit came recommended (from ivape.in, I am pretty sure this would not be a familiar device out here, its just a simple vape pen - very basic). I used this for awhile before the charger and the battery got stuck and in an attempt to fix it, all I managed was to total the device.

Next up - my friend had a spare joyetech eGo AIO kit (couple of years old I presume). In a day I realised that the coil was bust as I got dry hits even though the tank still had e juice in it. Thankfully there was a spare coil (0.6 that came with the kit) and I am currently using that. All my liquids are 30/70 PG/VG - not by choice, more by chance - they are what is easily available out here. After having used both the kits, I really like the joyetech - vapor production was awesome and flavour hit is ok too. I just feel more at home using this.

But the age of the device showed up and it was often gurgling, though I must add that the battery is fine. So I did the regular troubleshooting for gurgling and spitting and it was ok but I knew that this was a very temmporary solution. So in desperate need of a device lest I relapse, I got some help from some reddit people and I ended up buying the Cascade One Plus kit. Only after I purchased it did I realise the whole DTL thingie but now I have come to terms with it and the kit is fine (I think the battery is faulty as 3000 mAh should definitely last longer than it actuall is though that is a different story) - also it guzzles juice like mad but I guess that goes with the DTL tereritory.

So that is my current state of affairs. Now I need help in 3 areas
- I do not have a back up and I want one as the Joyetech is not reliable. What should it be? I am thinking more of a MTL so that I can save some juice and keep vaping
- Is my Vaporesso purchase good or should I have invested elsewhere? You can be honest!
- If there is anyone from India I would like some e liquid purchase suggestions. In my 1.5 months I have not found one to my liking. I am keeping at it just to quit

I did consider the Innokin T20s along with the Vaporesso, guess I settled on the powerful one. Given that I am very serious about kicking the habit, I am not averse to spending some more (I dont think returning the Vaporesso is an option, returning and getting something else in India is not that easy, afaik!) but I would like for you people to suggest the path that is going to keep the cigarettes away. I think it is worth spending a little extra if I can give them up for good.

Thanks, Ananth

PS : The vaping experience with Cascade is GREAT. I should have mentioned it but other than the juice disappearing at the speed of light, I am thoroughly enjoying it. I like large clouds (more psychological than anything !!) and flavour seems better. I just have one very possibly stupid question though - when I do the DTL vaping on the cascade, there is this flavour taste on my tongue (more like an after taste!) post exhale - is that just the water vapour taste or is the liquid actually leaking? I dont think it is the latter as I have experienced gurgling on the Joyetech but I wanted to ask out here just to make sure that I was not doing anything extremely wrong.... I am not able to explain it any better but I am pretty certain the device is not leaking!

Greetings!
I suggest you check fasttech out for inexpensive equipment. They ship to India if I'm not mistaken.
I further suggest that you look into making your own vaping juice. I'm certain that you can buy the ingredients
(PG/VG, nicotine. flavors) online..there are several vendors online in Asia as well as some in Europe which will ship to India.
FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

You're not necessarily doing anything wrong, there is a slight learning curve that I'm sure
if you read this forum and watch some videos on youtube you'll soon overcome.

Welcome to the largest group of vapers on the net!
Namaste,
Hazy :cool:

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Every package I get from them is white and has a return address. There are no indication of content though.
They usually say the plain padded manila envelope contains a "gadget" or "hardware"
and have an unobtrusive return addy with a guy named "Mr Yuen" as sender. No evidence of
it containing vaping stuff. Fasttech sells other things beside vaping goodies..that's where I purchased my red clown nose(s)
upload_2018-8-17_9-57-0.jpeg
now discontinued but at 5 for $2.66 it was a great bargain
for guys like me who like to clown around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread