Hello from India - noob vaper needing help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
I always just get the e-packet and always arrives in the white plastic envelopes. I do generally only order vape related items.
I always use ePacket / e-Express Services or United States Postal Service (USPS) ,(also e-packet - both are the same)
at (supposedly) 6-12 or 5-12 days. My stuff comes in either padded manila or white plastic bag depending on how many items and whether any are fragile.
I generally order vape stuff too but every once in a while I buy crap like
this lovely talking hamster
9629458-6-thumb.jpg

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Hey Ananth,

TRY buying locally if it's reasonable, in order to support you local dealers, and TRY buying from reputable chinese sources if you're hunting for super bargains. Personally, I'm somewhat addicted to chinese vendors, because I have bought amazing things from them for 1/3rd up to 1/5th to what they would cost me locally.

My recommendation for you: Joyetech Ego AiO Pro C (NON-TPD-VERSION!)
I use it as my out-of-house device, with no intentions to replace it with something else.

Reasons:

1) In opposite to your initial perception, Joyetech products do enjoy a rather good reputation. And their tube devices are very simple, sold in high numbers, and people find little trouble with it.

2) The Pro C has an exchangable 18650 battery. You can always carry a backup battery with you, best in a small vape case in which you store your device, battery, liquid, USB cable etc. It's unbelievably convenient. Plus, if your battery ages, just buy a new one. You can't do that with devices with in-built batteries.

3) When loading over USB at your PC/laptop, you can still vape at the same time, because of the device's passthru-functionality.

4) The Pro C gives you a good variety of coil choices. From the 0.25ohm notch coil for big vapor production on the one end, to the very restrictive 1.5ohm clapton coil on the other end. And everything in between. For MTL you have 0.6, 1.0, and 1.5ohm coils. For DL you have the 0.5 and 0.25ohm coils, and the BF-RBA head (see this video for instruction: LINK).All of them do exactly what they're supposed to do. Plus, they're cheap to replace.

5) It's cheap and robust. It should cost you less than $20. Should you ever destroy it, you won't cry your eyes out. Yes, there are other tubes which carry more liquid, there are tubes where you can set the wattage power for your vape, and yes, there are tubes which look fancier than an Ego AiO. I don't care. For my out-of-house use, I won't conduct any unnecessary experiments.

Concerning liquids:
I don't know man, there are a million liquids out there, but I'm a simple man. I buy liter bottles of nic base, then I buy concentrated food flavors I like, then I mix them all up and pour them into small 60ml bottles for my convenience. That way, I pay roughly $2 for a 60ml bottle, when I would otherwise pay $8-10 for commercially premade liquids of the same quantity. That's why I don't care how much liquid I vaporise on any given day. Maybe you want to consider going down that route as well.

Last edited:

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
TRY buying locally if it's reasonable, in order to support you local dealers,
Greetings,
Though I agree with you
unfortunately @K Ananthakrishnan (Ananth) may have to contend with vaping being banned where he lives.
India: Vapes Now Banned in 6 States - Vaping360
India: Vapes Now Banned in 6 States
The state of Bihar has a larger population than Germany or the U.K.

There are 29 states in India, and six of them have now banned sales and manufacture of vape products. In a country with 1.3 billion residents, these bans are preventing a lot of people from finding safer nicotine choices.

The most recent addition to the list is Bihar, the massive country’s third-largest state by population. Bihar is home to more than 104 million people — more than the United Kingdom or Germany. It lies in the northeast on India, just south of Nepal.

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@Letitia
Do you mean for kits or for the batteries charger etc? The general brands available in the vape pen and mods category are Aspire, Augvape, Innokin, Smoktech, Teslacigs, Vaporesso. If there is any other information I can provide please do let me know.

@HazyShades
Thank you. Making my own ejuices - sounds like a plan but I guess that opens up the next plethora of research. I guess once I zero in on the device I can start with that. Will keep your advice in mind

@Baditude
Thanks, will go through those sections and see what I can obtain locally.
Here the links I wanted to let you know, hopefully they stick
Innokin Zenith Coil Units Vaporizer Online India - coils
Xtar VC2 USB Charger for Li-ion and IMR Batteries (charger)
Authentic LG HG2 3000mAh (A-Grade 18650 Battery) - VapeMantra - (battery)

@tailland
I immediately checked and there is no local vendor who is selling that, whoever had it - it is out of stock. It sounds like a good device as it also satisfies the replaceable battery criteria. If only I can find it. :(
And just look at the price at Joyetech eGo AIO Pro C :: Electronic Cigarettes India - it is a far cry from $20
And my heart bleeds seeing this - $21.50 Authentic Joyetech eGo AIO Pro C E-Cigarette Starter Kit - 4ml / 0.6ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:
Reactions: HazyShades

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@HazyShades
And to add to my woes, the state I live in, Tamil Nadu - the ban is right around the corner. So all the more urgency for me to find a device. I desperately dont want to get back to cigarettes. Every since I started vaping I have not had more than 1 or worst case 2 cigs a day. I thought that was a good start in itself, no?

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
@HazyShades
Thank you. Making my own ejuices - sounds like a plan but I guess that opens up the next plethora of research. I guess once I zero in on the device I can start with that. Will keep your advice in mind
Not very difficult at all, Bro. Just read the DIY threads here. You'll save a ton of rupees too.
@Letitia would be a great guide as she seems to know her way around the vaping "kitchen" ;)

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Is it okay to place a link to a reputable (hongkong) store I know of for Ananth? No affiliate link included. I just checked them, the Pro C is $16.23 right now, and a 5er pack of coils goes for $5.81. Their shipping is trackable and cheap, and they put a fake sender adress on the package which is from your country. If you want that. Their online support is very helpful and creative.

And if you really think a ban is coming: $16 is cheap enough to buy 2 of them. The coils will then fit both devices, that's another plus.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
@HazyShades
And to add to my woes, the state I live in, Tamil Nadu - the ban is right around the corner. So all the more urgency for me to find a device. I desperately dont want to get back to cigarettes. Every since I started vaping I have not had more than 1 or worst case 2 cigs a day. I thought that was a good start in itself, no?
Excellent start..this from a guy (me) who used to smoke 4 packs of Marleys/day but I haven't had a smoke in over 5 years.

Indeed, the tobacco industry wants to ban vaping worldwide..selfish
That's another good reason to get into DIY..VG/PG are used to make cosmetics (some manufacturers of
bindi and tika even use PG/VG n their formulas) and soaps..flavors are used in cooking..buy a few litres of nicotine and you'll be in business (just in case)

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
  • Useful

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@tailland
Many of the coils seem to be out of stock. What do you suggest I get? I wanted to try the clapton coils which unfortunately is out of stock
Also can you check these - SS316 coils for AIO, Cubis & Cuboid - I just bought them for the eGo AIO I have, I think they should suffice right?

@HazyShades
Uplifting and thanks for the encouragement. Should get into the liquids DIY thingie soon and see what I can source locally. Importing litres of nic I am sure is asking for trouble :D

• Agree

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
@tailland
Many of the coils seem to be out of stock. What do you suggest I get? I wanted to try the clapton coils which unfortunately is out of stock

@HazyShades
Uplifting and thanks for the encouragement. Should get into the liquids DIY thingie soon and see what I can source locally. Importing litres of nic I am sure is asking for trouble :D
Ananth Bro., I'm sure you can buy some stuff like coils ETC online..I'm also certain you can buy nicotine, flavors, VG/PG (the latter almost anywhere). Have faith and manifest
Looksie here, mate
Nicotine USP – Vapekart

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Email - info@vapekart.com

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Also can you check these - SS316 coils for AIO, Cubis & Cuboid - I just bought them for the eGo AIO I have, I think they should suffice right?
Talk to the online support. This is an item which should be restocked very frequently. Maybe you'll have to wait 1-2 more days.

The coils you already have fit the Pro C as well. The Pro C lets you use the additional 0.25ohm and the RBA coil, otherwise it uses the same coils you already have. Personally, I'd go for the 0.25ohms, and if they're not avail, then the 0.5ohms. Both of them are DL tho.

• Useful

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
@tailland
Will check back in a couple of days to check stock. Thanks for all the help. Just FYI, once shipping costs are added it matches up to the fasttech price anyway. So is there any other advantage with vaporl? Just curious to know about your experience
I ordered from vaporl, I ordered from FT. Both reliable. The reason why I like vaporl more is because they very often have super bargain offers, alongside with daily flash sales, giveaways, etc. It's a site I browse at least twice a week. Just because...

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
@HazyShades
Thanks man, will certainly get into it. I do not want to waste your time on that. Once I know what I am doing and what I need to buy, I will start looking out. Any reading material in particular to start with would be most helpful :)
If you read over the DIY threads here and google around you'll see it's easier than making Jello..
You can count on a bunch of us here (and elsewhere) to help as most vapers into DIY are fanatical
about sharing the hobby.
As an enticing example; Cheap juice I used to pay $5 (US) + shipping /15-17 ml costs about .50 (cents) for 30 ml to make after an initial investment in flavoring, nicotine, and VG/PG..and most important (if there is anything more important than being frugal..) you can customize your juice to your liking.

You can get mods, ETC at the above linked to merchant.

As far as what to buy, I suggest you look for mods that use 18650 (or other easy to find/buy replaceable) batteries. Internal batteries are ok but once they stop holding a charge the whole mod becomes a paper weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread