hello from (yet) another newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

winterwoman

Feb 23, 2009
Oregon
I've been lurking for a couple of weeks - reading threads, watching videos, clicking links & bookmarking - what an incredible resource this is! Thank you everyone!

I am looking to make my first purchase - as soon as stocks come back up - it seems like everyone is out of everything.

As e-cigs become more popular, will suppliers be able to keep up? Is everything really coming from China? Will other countries start making e-cigs/juices?

Is there a difference between the 901 and the 901b? Here's a really dumb question: you talk about topping off cartridges but you're using the same ejuice as the cartridge was originally, right? or do you mix?

I am looking forward to jumping in - hopefully things will be restocked soon.

Thank you again for all the incredible information here

Rorschach

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
New York, NY
Welcome winterwoman!

NEARLY everything is coming from China. At least nearly everything is sourced from there.

Other countries such as perhaps the US or the UK I imagine will need a lot of capital and some legal reassurance to start largescale production.

The 901 and 901b are the same. the b is just black.

When we top of carts we are using ejuice yes, and carts are soaked in ejuice. I would not say it's the exact same juice as the ones in the carts. I try to match the flavors for the most part. Or at least complimentary flavors. I'd top off a tobacco cart with RY4 or actually anything because it's rather neutral

But i probably would not top off a green apple cart with coffee.

winterwoman

Feb 23, 2009
Oregon
Welcome winterwoman!

NEARLY everything is coming from China. At least nearly everything is sourced from there.

Other countries such as perhaps the US or the UK I imagine will need a lot of capital and some legal reassurance to start largescale production.

The 901 and 901b are the same. the b is just black.

When we top of carts we are using ejuice yes, and carts are soaked in ejuice. I would not say it's the exact same juice as the ones in the carts. I try to match the flavors for the most part. Or at least complimentary flavors. I'd top off a tobacco cart with RY4 or actually anything because it's rather neutral

But i probably would not top off a green apple cart with coffee.

:D

the legal aspect is a concern...I imagine the tobacco industry is going to feel the impact soon and once the tobacco tax revenue starts dying, I think legislators in my state will probably make possession of e-cigs a crime. I just wish I could walk into a store and buy this stuff.

thanks for the welcome and help :)

Rorschach

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
New York, NY
No problem.
I think it would take some time for big tobacco to consider this a threat. Smokers in the US are like 45 million people right? we are a few thousand, so unless something huge happens, I can't imagine a serious upheaval and I know we don't have the suppliers to support more than a niche market at the moment.

I love the way our community works and I love our dedicated suppliers, but we just don't konw what's going to happen to the future of esmoking. A lot of us would like it to be just the way it is now...fairly under the radar.

When tobacco smarts up (and yes they ARE very smart) it would be beneficial for Uncle Phil or Uncle R.J. to invest in it. But then we run into another conundrum. E-cigs as nicotine replacement therapy would inherently mean that your market is finite. When the former smokers like us all die, that's the end of the industry, unless they find ways for newer generations to get hooked. And I don't know if that will be allowed.

Wow....dark post. someone else join me in welcoming our former lurker and brighten things up!

winterwoman

Feb 23, 2009
Oregon
I first found out about e-cigs through an article online and went crazy trying to find out everything about it I could - this place is *the* best site anywhere. Just in the 2 weeks I've been lurking the forum has grown a lot and that doesn't include people lurking like I did...just since Friday there's like 2 pages of newbies...I wish I would have ordered the first day I found this place - I think even puresmoker.com had items in stock then.

I would like to find one place that has everything in stock today so I could jump in. One place might have the starter kit but their juices are out of stock or they're flavors I don't want to start with - another has some juice but no starter kits. Some people have issues with certain suppliers and others have no problem recommending them at all.

I didn't find your post dark - and I think there will always be nicotine addicts. Maybe e-cigs will be the cool way to imbibe just like analogs were before. hahaha - I wonder how long before e-cigs show up in television or film?

Sadie

Feb 22, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Heya Winterwoman.. just another newbie here popping in to say Hi!

I totally know what you mean about ordering the first day.. I found out about electronic cigarettes on a random website that I stumbled across, and started researching like mad. Found PureSmoker and started to debate buying a Pilot.. the next day when I made my decision, they were sold out! Definitely a hot commodity!

As for movies.. I was talking with my partner about that a few days ago! They totally look like something you'd see in Bladerunner or Johnny Mnemonic, especially with the different coloured LEDs!

winterwoman

Feb 23, 2009
Oregon
Heya Winterwoman.. just another newbie here popping in to say Hi!

I totally know what you mean about ordering the first day.. I found out about electronic cigarettes on a random website that I stumbled across, and started researching like mad. Found PureSmoker and started to debate buying a Pilot.. the next day when I made my decision, they were sold out! Definitely a hot commodity!

As for movies.. I was talking with my partner about that a few days ago! They totally look like something you'd see in Bladerunner or Johnny Mnemonic, especially with the different coloured LEDs!

Hi Sadie!

or maybe the new star trek movie :D I was also thinking of Mad Men (love that show).

as a fellow newbie do you worry that you're going to fall in love with e-cigs and then not be able to get supplies?

are the experienced folks silently cussing us for finding this place and making it harder for *them* to get supplies?

or are there secrets we have not yet learned?

Sadie

Feb 22, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Hi Sadie!

or maybe the new star trek movie :D I was also thinking of Mad Men (love that show).

as a fellow newbie do you worry that you're going to fall in love with e-cigs and then not be able to get supplies?

are the experienced folks silently cussing us for finding this place and making it harder for *them* to get supplies?

or are there secrets we have not yet learned?

I'm slightly worried about that.. but I'm not using them to replace a nicotine addiction (I quit about four years ago now), so if I absolutely cannot get supplies, life will go on. I'm interested in them more for use as a prop for a few performances I do. The fact that there's a whole new world of vapour-y flavour goodness is just an added benefit that I could live without.

And I'm sure there's some electronic cigarette guru sitting on a mountain-top somewhere, puffing away and dispensing knowledge to the lesser life-forms.. I just wish they'd hurry up and tell the manufacturers the secret of making a long-lasting atomizer. XD

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
Welcome Winterwoman and Sadie.

Have you checked into the http://www.thesmokelessshop.com/ultimate_blackwhite_dse901_starter_kit
I just looked at her store and she is showing the 901B starter kit being in stock and she has quite a few flavors on hand too. Katy is awesome to do business with too.

As far as i know, Jonson Creek is the only US manufacturer of juice right now.

Hope you get something figured out soon.

Last edited:

Sadie

Feb 22, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Welcome Winterwoman and Sadie.

Have you checked into the (Link)

I just looked at her store and she is showing the 901B starter kit being in stock and she has quite a few flavors on hand too. Katy is awesome to do business with too.

As far as i know, Jonson Creek is the only US manufacturer of juice right now.

Hope you get something figured out soon.

Hi UkUsa!

I'm not overly fond of the aesthetic of the DSE901.. but I'm in no rush to start playing with vapour, so I'm happy waiting and learning what I can. Thanks for the tip though!

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
Glad i could help, i have had my starter kit from Katy since just before xmas. I had one atomizer go bad and one battery. She replaced the atomizer f.o.c and i ordered another two spares. The battery was outside of the warranty so i used the parts to make my own usb battery. Everything else is still going good so far and i'm a fairly heavy vaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread