Hello GG Family.. A few ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefski

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2011
Denver
Hello! So patiently waiting for my New SS GGTS & UFS in the mail! I have always been a 6v fan with my dual and triple coil carts. So my question is... What is the best performing attys for the UFS at 6v? Can i use my dual and triple coil cartos? I have a few sets of the Tenergy RCR 3v batts... so im all set there... Would love to hear some info from other GG 6v users! Im really exited about my choice of purchase... Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

inquisitorj

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
Santa Rosa, CA
Great Setup! You can use your Dual and Triple coils in the UFS at 6v without issue. My personal preference is a single coil Boge 3ohm cart at 6v. You will not have to punch the carto either. It feeds in the UFS through the air holes!.

Don't forget to use stickerless cartos and I would suggest that you pre-fill the carto before installation.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
1.5 at 6v? That's a huge hit on the battery.. doesn't that run hot?
Yeah, it's a hot vape, but dual coils are a lot different than single and they can handle high voltages very well. They're actually two higher resistance coils wired in parallel and from what I understand the total wattage delivered to the carto is effectively split between the two coils.

Zogem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta
Yeah, it's a hot vape, but dual coils are a lot different than single and they can handle high voltages very well. They're actually two higher resistance coils wired in parallel and from what I understand the total wattage delivered to the carto is effectively split between the two coils.
Got it.. I missed the "DC" and just saw 1.5 at 6v.. My bad. Good thing, as I figured those cartos should have pretty short life.

And you are correct.. parrellel resistance reduces the overall resistance 1/(1/R1 + 1/R2 ...)

"Wattage" doesn't really fit here, I suspect you meant "amperage"; Ohms law has three possible variables; amps, volts, resistance. Joule gets into watts, but it's not really relevant.

Edit: clarification.

Last edited:

sodapopinski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2011
Montreal
I carry mine around in my pants pockets all day at work, and i am far from having a desk job so size matters to me, I dont want something too huge and heavy. Thats why my typical set-up right now is GG stealth with a LR 510 in small mode UFS. I tried 6v but it was so big and heavy, I keep that batt setup for my GGTB thats thinner and much lighter.

Looks something like this:

IMG00281-20111125-0133.jpg

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
Ah the joys of being satisfied totally at "3.7" and a cooler vape.

Just wait until I get you building coils Major... I like a cooler vape, but I like higher voltages to produce more volume with more density... Once you feel the tingle in your sinuses you will be a 7.4V junky too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread