Hello hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinypink

Sep 24, 2018
Hello!
Im a new lady on this forum, happy to say that I've joined the vaping community =)
Me and my partner have tried to quit smoking for quite some time, due to money and health. We tried cold turkey, cold turkey with allen carr, gums, nicorette inhaler, snus, nothing worked.
So we decided to give vaping a try. First we bought some cheap sticks from a local tobacco shop. We got to try the idea behind it, and knew it could work but they were not powerful enough to satisfy our needs.

Then we started researching and bought a SMOK Alien. We could really tell the difference, this is what we needed! And we started by stepping down smoking, reducing number of cigarettes and replacing with vaping. One day we decided not to buy more cigarettes, and we have now been off cigarettes for a bit more than 3 weeks.
Since we also want to save money, we realised coil cost would be quite high if we kept buying SMOK coils, so we just got a RDA and started building our own coils, and we have also started mixing our own juices.

It is surprising how easy it is with vaping, feels too good to be true when comparing to quitting through other means. The difference between quitting through vaping compared to the other is that we crave no cigarettes what so ever. They smell bad, and before we quit we more and more felt how aweful they taste. I could not finish a complete cigarette at the end, when not even reaching half of it I felt disgusted and put it out. When trying to quit other times, the cigarettes still tasted nice, and they smelled quite good. This time, however, when I pass a smoker I don't get a craving for cigarette and enjoy the smell, I think it smells terrible and don't feel like a cigarette at all.

I really hope that they do not screw vaping up due to regulations. Sweden (my country) is extremely regulated now with taxes and I really hope that they do not make it even worse :( Since vaping is really a life saver.

Last edited:

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
It is surprising how easy it is with vaping, feels too good to be true when comparing to quitting through other means. The difference between quitting through vaping compared to the other is that we crave no cigarettes what so ever.
That's what it was like for me as well. Welcome.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
And we started by stepping down smoking, reducing number of cigarettes and replacing with vaping. One day we decided not to buy more cigarettes, and we have now been off cigarettes for a bit more than 3 weeks.

That's how it was for me too, only I've now been off cigarettes for 5 1/2 years. Congratulations, and I wish you both many happy cigarette-free years!

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Hej och välkommen!

Congratulations on you and your partner's ability to quit cigarettes. Sounds as if you both have entered the wide world of vaping big time. Sound like you will have a lot to offer for the forum.

Hope you check out the DIY E-liquid subforum. Lots of great recipes. The DIY Discussion group is also very helpful to DIY Vapers.

Lycka till!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Sweden (my country) is extremely regulated now with taxes and I really hope that they do not make it even worse :( Since vaping is really a life saver.
Welcome and glad you joined.
You will do just fine building your own RDA coils and mixing will help you maintain your vape fix.The nicotine is the problem. My solution, I now vape zero nicotine with no US/EU TPD acquisition worries. Agree 100% with your above statements/choices.
Might like to read some vaping positives:
American Cancer Society Position Statement on Electronic Cigarettes
E-cigs 'definitely' safer than smoking
Vaping is the reason for massive decline in UK smoking
Government legalises e-cigarettes in effort to make New Zealand smokefree by 2025
New CDC Study: E Cig Vapor Does Not Contain Harmful Levels of Toxins ---New CDC Study, Vapor Contains No Toxic Chem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread