Hello, I just joined to ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrounds01

Mar 20, 2019
I joined this to ask a question I can't find anywhere and not sure how to word it. I have a eleaf ijust 3 and have had it for a few months now, never had an issue but now having a minor issue that could later make it a unusable. I just ran into the issue that my fire button works but only when applying a small amount of pressure that wouldn't be needed for it to work. It only started a day ago and was wondering if there was a way to fix it and an explanation for it. I was thinking it was gunk or something like that build up behind the button but I'm not sure.

Reactions: stols001

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Something that is always said is that it is very important to have spares, spares of everything.

Not having a spare is an excuse to stop for a pack of cigs.

The vaping industry is not strongly regulated and there is good and bad in that. In this case, I would suggest a Higher quality mod and to make your current one a spare. JAC E-Vapor or a Dicodes, among some others, would be a good consideration.

Good luck!

mrounds01

Mar 20, 2019
Something that is always said is that it is very important to have spares, spares of everything.

Not having a spare is an excuse to stop for a pack of cigs.

The vaping industry is not strongly regulated and there is good and bad in that. In this case, I would suggest a Higher quality mod and to make your current one a spare. JAC E-Vapor or a Dicodes, among some others, would be a good consideration.

Good luck!
Well currently graduation and getting a job I don't have the money to buy a new one and was just wondering if there was a way to fix this issue

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I joined this to ask a question I can't find anywhere and not sure how to word it. I have a eleaf ijust 3 and have had it for a few months now, never had an issue but now having a minor issue that could later make it a unusable. I just ran into the issue that my fire button works but only when applying a small amount of pressure that wouldn't be needed for it to work. It only started a day ago and was wondering if there was a way to fix it and an explanation for it. I was thinking it was gunk or something like that build up behind the button but I'm not sure.
Funk is possible, but so is a dying switch. Switches are generally soldered to the mosfet making the problem generally more trouble than it is worth to fix.
Either fix involves taking the device apart, and there’s often no guarantee you will successfully get it back together again. The mosfet replacement also involves finding the correct electronics part, then doing electronics desoldering and soldering on a really small probably surface mounted board that was never designed to be worked on by humans. Finding ten bucks for a no-name Chinese replacement mod, or even 40 bucks for a better backup is probably easier.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
How long after it fell did it start to malfunction?
Having used many of those types of batteries over the years, they are most often damaged in a drop or fall.
The batteries are simply press fit together and the force of the fall tends to shift and misalign the parts a bit.
Occasionally another fall, on the other end of the device will re align the pieces or it just makes it worse.

It is a disposable battery, if it doesn't function properly it is time to replace it.

Cheers
I

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Well currently graduation and getting a job I don't have the money to buy a new one and was just wondering if there was a way to fix this issue
Welcome and glad you joined.
If your still under warranty ("covered by warranty for a standard 90 days"), suggest you contact seller and Eleaf.
re: Warranty Terms
If you have a workaround and your mod is past the warranty period, suggest you try to live with it. Who knows, your mod may fix it's self after it is broken in.
Could contact the local B&M Vape Shop (Visit)/someone who knows what their doing,it might be simple.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Hi and welcome.

I suspect it’s malfunctioning, and as Bombastinator said, cheaper to replace than repair. If it’s not under warranty, please read around the forums for ideas on what you’d like to replace it with, and we can almost surely help you find it at the best price.

Reactions: greek mule

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hi and welcome.

I suspect it’s malfunctioning, and as Bombastinator said, cheaper to replace than repair. If it’s not under warranty, please read around the forums for ideas on what you’d like to replace it with, and we can almost surely help you find it at the best price.
Iirc one member mentioned an Uber cheap 80w internal battery mod that had some sort of custom USB cable port instead of microUSB2. Dude is German. I’m horrific with names though and I can’t remember his. 10 bucks is a heck of a deal though if the thing works at all decently. I would have bought one myself except I burned the last vestiges of my vape budget and have to wait till next month.

UPDATE:

@tailland ! Just ran across a post of his. I can remember the avatars well enough but names take forever to sink in. And even then I forget them quickly.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Iirc one member mentioned an Uber cheap 80w internal battery mod that had some sort of custom USB cable port instead of microUSB2. Dude is German. I’m horrific with names though and I can’t remember his. 10 bucks is a heck of a deal though if the thing works at all decently. I would have bought one myself except I burned the last vestiges of my vape budget and have to wait till next month.

UPDATE:

@tailland ! Just ran across a post of his. I can remember the avatars well enough but names take forever to sink in. And even then I forget them quickly.

Same here on the memory thing. Some of the shiny folk remember everything everyone ever bought. I can’t even recall what I’ve bought!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I was thinking it was gunk or something like that build up behind the button but I'm not sure.

Did you have a juice leak into the button area? That may have caused a malfunction. If that's the case, I strongly suggest getting another mod--just in case. And contact Eleaf if your mod is still under warranty.

I just got this--unbelievable deal, but age verification process on that site is a hassle.

VaporFi V-Grip 75 TC MOD

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Did you have a juice leak into the button area? That may have caused a malfunction. If that's the case, I strongly suggest getting another mod--just in case. And contact Eleaf if your mod is still under warranty.

I just got this--unbelievable deal, but age verification process on that site is a hassle.

VaporFi V-Grip 75 TC MOD
Nice find!
Mrs. Izan would love that device.
Tis a shame shipping and import duty quadruples the price to my door. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Cheers
I

• Love
Reactions: Katya

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Try to budget for a new mod maybe? Once you have it, you can trouble shoot your current mod and, maybe keep it as a backup! If you are insistent that you want to try to fix the sticky button, I would recommend buying the 2nd mod first- then, perhaps look for youtube videos of dismantling your current mod. You might be able to get away with purchasing HIGH proof isopropyl alcohol, [100 proof for example] squeezing a few drops between the button and the body, & repeatedly pressing the button to work it in, to dissolve any soluble contaminants. if the button frees, seal the mod in a container of rice for 24 hours to dry out the alcohol asap. of course, the cost of the alcohol could go toward a new mod :p it may be a mechanical failure however, in which case, it'll only get worse. good luck!!

• Informative

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
Karnes city, Texas
Thing is like a Sherman tank. Drag resin green crown3 quartz glass very hard to crack. Trust me I've lost it and threw my old one across the street, put the batteries back, kept on vaping

Attachments

• 155345663071314305817079210597.jpg
    155345663071314305817079210597.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I'm disagreeing with many in the thread. Not on replacing the iJust because a fire button is a necessary thing and if it starts going wonky it's the perfect time to replace it before it starts auto firing or something crazy.

Those are inexpensive batteries and don't always last a long time.

However, I DO suggest going to a reputable shop and buying decent sale price gear... don't just buy anything. Borrow some money if you need..

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh. Dear.

What's the policy of where you got this sucker as far as returns (and if not returns, how long is the warranty.)

Anyway, I wish you much luck. Probably (possibly?) the fire button will not be an issue, it will die in some other unspecified way long before that happens....

I mean, congrats on your new setup! Vape the Smok safely.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread