Status
Not open for further replies.

Daydripper

Oct 4, 2013
Wichita, KS
Just wanted to give a shout out to all my fellow Kansas Vapors out there. Just started vaping 1 month ago. Have learned alot in a short amount of time. Have much more to learn as well. Started out the normal route buying an ecig at a local convenience store, then a Joyetech eCab, then an iTaste vv v3.0 along with a Kanger protank. (Thank you Grimm Green) Just loving it all so far. I call it my vaping hobby. :)
Please tell me about your vaping experience, how you learned about it, what you started with. Anything you want to talk about. You don't have to be from Kansas...

chrismikehead

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I'm a former Kansan who vapes, does that count?

I've been to KC Vapes once, seemed alright. I'm partial to Volcano (soon to be Vapur) north of the river in KCMO. There is also a new place opening up in OP at 119th and Metcalf.

How is the vape scene in Wichita? Do you see many folks vaping when you are out and about?

Daydripper

Oct 4, 2013
Wichita, KS
The Wichita vape scene is probably pretty good, but I don't know many of them yet, hence this thread. Just getting into vaping, but already I have noticed people doing it that I probably would not have otherwise. Just ran into a guy today using an ego twist 800mah with an iclear 16. He says he really likes the c16. Says they work really well Together. Dual coil he says is the way to go. I'm going to have to try one. I've tried the Vision V-nano with my eCab & 510 adaptor - hated them, burning and gurgle and flooding. Switched to Kanger t4 and they worked great. Then bought the itaste vv 3.0, and Kanger protank-1. Super good vape now, hardly use the eCab anymore. I do love how portable it is though.

Daydripper

Oct 4, 2013
Wichita, KS
In Wichita as well; I see some vapers out here and there and I am definitely seeing people switching from cigarettes!

What local stores have you been to?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
I get my e-juice from e-cigs plus, 910 S. Seneca. Small place, but they mix it up right. It's the only vape shop in Wichita I've been too so far. Have been buying all of my vape equipment on-line. How about you?

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
OZ Vaper as well (and first post on here). I live up in Newton and so far the only Vape shop I have been to is Big E's on South Rock. The people there have been the absolute best answering questions, mixing flavors (they mix everything right there in the store, you name it, they can make it), recommending mod's, servicing and helping with any other questions that have come up.

I started two months ago with a generic bulk China made e-cig that I bought at a smoke shop in Stanwood, Washington. Then the very next time home I found Big E's and got a basic starter kit for the wife as well as purchasing a Smok SID and IClear 30 tank for myself. The next trip I got the Itaste 134 and just last week I started using a Smok Octopus drip atomizer. I haven't been able to go back to the tanks, the atomizer is the bomb in my opinion.

As for vaping around Wichita, can't comment much there, I drive a truck hauling aircraft parts for Boeing and Gulfstream so even though I live in the area I don't spend much time there. However I have noticed that I see more people every day with some sort of vape device everywhere I go.

My reason for starting, I got a new $175,000 truck from my company to drive two months ago and being a two pack a day Marlboro smoker for the past 25+ years I decided I wasn't going to smoke in the new Kenworth. I got the el-cheapo e-cig to quench my desires while driving and in only two days I went from 2 packs a day to having over half of the pack I opened still left after that first two days. I threw them out and haven't lit a cigarette since. My wife on the other hand, bless her heart is trying like heck to ditch the cigarettes but she's still struggling. Maybe someday soon she'll kick them as well.

bosswick

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
Fellow Kansan here! I've been vaping for about 2 and a halfish weeks now. Going great so far for myself. :] I've started with Halo (halocigs.com) just from hearing about it a while back on another forum I frequent in their vape thread. I didn't even think about checking for local shops since I haven't seen it too popular around here, but I do plan on checking them out eventually and definitely upgrading.

alexvan

Unregistered Supplier
Oct 5, 2013
China
www.vappo.com
  • Deleted by lamarrk
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

ddarlington24

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
usa
Glad to see so many local vapers in my area , Kc I visted a few local places but to be honest I knew more then they did about vaping. That's when I found ECF I also started with halo and since then stepped up to vision spinner 1100mAh / evod tank I really like it.

took me awhile to find juices that I really enjoyed Adv. Ecblends has a great selection as for locally I could use some info on the best places to go for juice/vape gear

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Well even though I'm an OZ vaper I'm vaping in Tulsa right now. I was supposed to load a set of wings for a Gulfstream G650 here yesterday morning but as is always the case here they got pushed back at least a day. So sitting around getting bored watching Dish (500 channels and nothing on) I went in search of a vape shop to get the supplies to rebuild my Octopus RDA.

I found this place called Vapor Kings about 5 miles south of the airport here where I'm parked. I ran down there and they have everything, really nice and very high end shop. Was a little surprised they don't do any juice mixing but I have a few weeks supply from Dixie at Big E's so all good there.

Anyway I did my first RDA rebuild with 28ga Kanthal and 3mm Ekowool. Well it worked, tasted like **** and burned the heck out of my throat. I made a few attempts and finally came up with a micro coil that finally tastes as good as the original. After using up all 2 feet of wire I went back this evening for more wire, bought an Igo-w RDA, 2 more feet of Kanthal, 2 feet of 2mm Ekowool and set about trying to build a dual coil setup. Well it looks really great but my Itaste 134 will not fore the dual coils, guess the ohms are too low as it will fire only one coil, either one but when I connect both it won't fire. Yes I have a Fluke meter here in my truck and I'm getting about 1.8 ohms on 10 wraps so two coils is putting me at .9 which must be too low.

So long story even longer, I'm going to run back to Vapor Kings tomorrow when they open and gram a mechanical mod that will hopefully fire the dual coil Igo-w unless I'm cut loose from here then I'll stop by Big E's on the way to the house and grab one from them. (I prefer to support them as much as possible since they have been so supportive of my wife and I and now my daughter and her boyfriend)

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Another Wichitan here. Big-E's on Rock and Lincoln is awesome. I get everything from there. They know what they sell and are very helpful. Dixie makes the juice and will custom make anything you want. I visit at least once a week. Haven't tried the shop on Seneca yet.

I've been to most of the vape shops around Wichita, and Big E's is the best, good prices with good juice, much better than the one on senca that's for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread