Hello newbie here! :-) Question about Menthol and other flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snssewell

Jul 15, 2011
GA - USA
Hi everyone! :)
Soooooo well...we are military and bought a house 3 years ago. Now the army is moving us and the house had to go on the market. I am really terrified of bugs and flying beetles and such, so going outside to smoke (especially at night) is not really an option for me. However, we had one couple that came by unexpected cause their realtor could not reach our realtor to let us know they were coming to look at the house and well.....there were ashtrays everywhere. :( They liked the house but said that smoke smell is hard to get out of a house.

Thats when I decided to give a E-cig a try. I looked around online but did not want to spend too much since I had no clue how it was going to turn out and did not want to waste $50 on something I did not like. So I went with a Cloud9 Menthol starter kit.

I like the concept of how it works and did not smoke a traditional cig all day in the house until last night and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww they really do stink!!!!! lol.

So I would like to switch completely to e-cigs if I could find something that tastes a little better....preferably more like menthol.

The one I have now is supposed to be menthol but tastes more like a non-menthol cig. I also read on here about Vanilla flavor etc. that would be interesting as well. I smoked Sonoma Menthol lights 100 for years now if that helps pointing me in the right direction.

I will still look around and see if I can find more info on here as well....but wow there is a lot on here :laugh: so while I look if I can get some pointers in the right direction I would appreciate it.

My personal tastes lean towards Kick Bass Vapors 'vape Placid' as my favorite menthol,
its not your typical menthol, but definitely menthol
My flat mate liked Blue Mist Juices 'Smooth' before i turned him onto vape Placid.
I read a lot of menthol vapers suggest Halo Juices menthol flavors, but they are a bit pricey for me.

Kpoc

Jun 2, 2011
KY
Hello and welcome. I personally don't use menthol but my roommate here in Afghanistan smoked new ports. He is using an ego and swears by several of Halo's flavors. I myself have found that after the first month and tobacco flavors I like fruit flavors more. My 3 all day capes are blueberry cheesecake and raspberry from vapor bomb and strawberrybananna from gourmet vapor. Best of luck on the house sale and PCS.

snssewell

Jul 15, 2011
GA - USA
Hello and welcome. I personally don't use menthol but my roommate here in Afghanistan smoked new ports. He is using an ego and swears by several of Halo's flavors. I myself have found that after the first month and tobacco flavors I like fruit flavors more. My 3 all day capes are blueberry cheesecake and raspberry from vapor bomb and strawberrybananna from gourmet vapor. Best of luck on the house sale and PCS.

Thank you! My husband just got back from Afghanistan in May and he said one of his buddy's used to smoke e-cigs over there! :) When his buddy smoked his first e-cig in the office my husband said: HEY you can't be smoking in here!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks everyone for the tips. I think I seen a thread on here on where to buy so I will go look there and wow I didn't know they had sample packs with different flavors. That will defo be something for me. I like to taste my coffee with different types of creamers so now I can do the same with my cigs! he he he!

snssewell

Jul 15, 2011
GA - USA
Just a quick update! I think I got it figured out and just ordered 3 sample packs of juice from one of the sites mentioned on this Forum. So now I am super excited and can't wait to try it out!
I am also going to visit some friends in GA end of this month and they all want to try the e-Cig too so maybe I can get them all hooked on it as well. :)
And in November I plan on visiting my family in Germany and the flight will be so much more pleasant with a e-cig in my purse! yay!!! And they can take my lighter all they want to ha ha ha ha!!!!! This is so awesome I see so many pro's with the e-cig its unbelievable!!
Also thanks for this Forum it really helps a newbie get started on the right tracks!!!

GSmith

Jul 7, 2011
USA
Greetings and welcome, as a menthol only smoker for nearly a decade I can tell you the search for that "as close as possible" ecig menthol hit is extremely difficult to capture. I haven't found one yet that comes close to smoking Kools... but I did find a very good alternative you might want to try.

I bought Menthol Drops from JuicyLiquid (their in the Supplier List). $4 for a bottle that'll last months and I create my own mini mixture from this. With this stuff you can control the strength of the menthol hit in the ejuice that you're enjoying. I think i've added it to every flavor I've got... some work really well... others, not so much. But having the control with the menthol gets me the closest to that menthol hit I crave.

Good luck on finding that sweet spot :)

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
One of the most knowledgeable posters here (Swedishfish) vapes Nhaler's menthol all day. I can vouch for that vendor. I couldn't find a juice I could stand except for their HV vanilla custard. Vaped it exclusively for months. You can get little trial size bottles. Good luck.

Why, yes. Yes I do!

Astatine

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2011
USA
This is not a very scientific discovery, but it might help.

One of my friends, who used to smoke light menthols tried some PG juices of varying nicotine strength and found them too harsh on her throat. After some trials, she figured out that the "muted" flavor of the VG juices was great for her. The TH is very different, so VG may be better suited for those who prefer light cigarettes.

Good luck in finding your perfect vape.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Hi everyone! :)
Soooooo well...we are military and bought a house 3 years ago. Now the army is moving us and the house had to go on the market. I am really terrified of bugs and flying beetles and such, so going outside to smoke (especially at night) is not really an option for me. However, we had one couple that came by unexpected cause their realtor could not reach our realtor to let us know they were coming to look at the house and well.....there were ashtrays everywhere. :( They liked the house but said that smoke smell is hard to get out of a house.

Thats when I decided to give a E-cig a try. I looked around online but did not want to spend too much since I had no clue how it was going to turn out and did not want to waste $50 on something I did not like. So I went with a Cloud9 Menthol starter kit.

I like the concept of how it works and did not smoke a traditional cig all day in the house until last night and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww they really do stink!!!!! lol.

So I would like to switch completely to e-cigs if I could find something that tastes a little better....preferably more like menthol.

The one I have now is supposed to be menthol but tastes more like a non-menthol cig. I also read on here about Vanilla flavor etc. that would be interesting as well. I smoked Sonoma Menthol lights 100 for years now if that helps pointing me in the right direction.

I will still look around and see if I can find more info on here as well....but wow there is a lot on here :laugh: so while I look if I can get some pointers in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I like the China Menthol from Madvapes 10.99 for 50 ml and it works good for me. I've tried menthol from several vendors and paid three times as much that didn't taste as good. I just got a package of menthol crystals to make my own and made my first batch yesterday. It is good for my first batch but I need to experiment a little more to get it perfect. I will be making my own from now on.

4mehealth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread