Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The battery and the coils are likely not related. It’s probably an issue with coil priming or break in. It’s a rewrap battery, so it’s hard to know what it actually is, but you’ve got it and you’re apparently running at low wattage which may or may not be the case. What wattage btw? If it is low wattage it shouldn’t matter all that much

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
20-30 W usually mess around with the setting alot to see if its better as far as i can tell i should be running either ss,tc or W mode,everything is brand new only had them for a week or so i have changed the coil today
That’s low enough for even a 10 amp battery so you’re probably ok. I don’t know what your coil is made of. If it is indeed SS(stainless steel) you can use SS temp control. When the battery needs to be replaced though I would suggest checking 18650 Battery Ratings Table | E-Cigarette Forum

botox

Oct 31, 2018
sweden
allright thanks its odd tho if im doing evrything right then there shouldent be a slightly burnt aftertaste but it could be the fact that i ran it on ni mode prior to changing the coil some of that taste got stuck in the tank maybe`? or im vaping too often quit smoking 3 days ago, im also wondering how moisture ressistant are mods in general

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I'll just add something here, I was using Vaporesso Ccell .6 coils, exactly what you mentioned, before I moved to rebuildables and although I loved the flavor and longevity of those coils I found the quality dropped substantially in my last couple months of using them. 1 in 3 coils would have a burnt after taste even though I was OCD about my priming process and other coils in the pack primed identically were fine. The last pack I bought was garbage. Every single coil was bad, this is what turned me to building. IMO Vaporesso is a good company that makes some solid products, they make other GT coils that are not ceramic that you can use in your tank, I do believe they're having major quality issues with the ceramic. I haven't been a member of this forum for long and you're the third person I've replied to having the same issue with the ceramic coils. BTW, welcome! You'll find a lot of good knowledgable people here.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
I'd be willing to bet you're using the coils with the brass body and hexagonal flood ports. These are the worst coils made. You might be able to make the coil work by leaving an air bubble in the tank and then tighten the cap finger tight and then back off 1/4 turn. Even then, you might still get the burnt taste from all 5 coils in a pack.

What you need to do is buy a pack of EUC coils with an adaptor sleeve. Fasttech has them here: https://www.fasttech.com/p/7178400.

The EUC coils are excellent. I have 3 Target Pros and had the same problem you're reporting and the only real fix is the get the EUCs with a sleeve and throw away the brass coils. The good news is that once you buy the sleeve, the price of EUC coils is less than half of what the brass coils cost.

Last edited:

botox

Oct 31, 2018
sweden
thanks! the Euc ones seem way harder to find localy so probobly going for the GT but might get some of both of the sugested both should be between 0.5 and 0.6 right? ones whats the exact model or size on the ones i need saw there was Gt2-gt 8
also thinking about upgrading the tank but again have no clue what fits sorry alot of questions :)

Last edited:

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
thanks! the Euc ones seem way harder to find localy so probobly going for the GT but might get some of both of the sugested both should be between 0.5 and 0.6 right? ones whats the exact model or size on the ones i need saw there was Gt2-gt 8
also thinking about upgrading the tank but again have no clue what fits sorry alot of questions :)

I did a lot of looking around trying to find the EUC coils with the adaptor sleeve. Fasttech was the only one I found that had them. The sleeve is re-usable so you only have to buy that once. The EUC coils are on a lot of the online stores. I don't know what local is for you, so I can't help you there.

The GT coils will not fit in the standard Target Pro tank. The GT coils are excellent, great flavor and clouds. The tanks I would recommend that use the GT coils are the NRG or the Cascade Baby. These are readily available, so you should do some window shopping to get a good price.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
hey so i recently started vaping and got a vaporesso target pro kit now my main question is about the battery i got a sub ohm 18650 20 A,2500mAh is this a ok battery? or should i get a diffrent one i seem to have a massive issue with burnt coils even tho i prime them and also i run the mod on low settings the coils i have are CCELL 0.6
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner Archives - Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

botox

Oct 31, 2018
sweden
so another two things have become issues the tanks leaks when i check on the coil and the power of the drags seem to be very inconsistent sometimes barely any vapor usually there is less then less then no vapor pruduction when i unscrew the same coil and put it back in its back to normal but after a few drags its back to changing in vapor pruduction

all and all the mod seems to be not great in several ways in general

• Optimistic

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
so another two things have become issues the tanks leaks when i check on the coil and the power of the drags seem to be very inconsistent sometimes barely any vapor usually there is less then less then no vapor pruduction when i unscrew the same coil and put it back in its back to normal but after a few drags its back to changing in vapor pruduction

all and all the mod seems to be not great in several ways in general

Sorry you're having so much trouble with your Target Pro, it's one of my favorite kits. It sounds like you got a bad batch of coils or maybe clone coils. If you can find a pack of coils with an adaptor sleeve in Sweden, great. I think authentic EUC coils will solve all the problems you describe.

If you're determined to get a mod that uses the GT coils, I'd recommend the Armour Pro with a Cascade Baby tank. It's almost exactly the same size as the Target Pro but with newer technology. And the GT coils really are excellent. I use Ccells mostly in my Armour Pro and Luxe/Skrr kits and they seem to last forever. But I still keep one Target Pro in my office and another in my Living room and use both daily.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
so another two things have become issues the tanks leaks when i check on the coil and the power of the drags seem to be very inconsistent sometimes barely any vapor usually there is less then less then no vapor pruduction when i unscrew the same coil and put it back in its back to normal but after a few drags its back to changing in vapor pruduction.
Taking the tank apart to check the coil will disrupt the air/liquid pressure inside the tank and result in the leaking. Try to resist doing that if you can.

When you take a draw from the tank, it creates negative pressure inside the tank. This suction allows the e-liquid to pass through the coil and wick. Gradually that air pressure inside the tank will normalize from the air portlets in the tank and you may observe an air bubble to appear inside the tank.

botox

Oct 31, 2018
sweden
Taking the tank apart to check the coil will disrupt the air/liquid pressure inside the tank and result in the leaking. Try to resist doing that if you can.

When you take a draw from the tank, it creates negative pressure inside the tank. This suction allows the e-liquid to pass through the coil and wick. Gradually that air pressure inside the tank will normalize from the air portlets in the tank and you may observe an air bubble to appear inside the tank.

if im switching out the coil and i still have juice in it im going to lose juice no matter what then guess i gotta have something to gather the juice in when i switch

• Optimistic

botox

Oct 31, 2018
sweden
Sorry you're having so much trouble with your Target Pro, it's one of my favorite kits. It sounds like you got a bad batch of coils or maybe clone coils. If you can find a pack of coils with an adaptor sleeve in Sweden, great. I think authentic EUC coils will solve all the problems you describe.

If you're determined to get a mod that uses the GT coils, I'd recommend the Armour Pro with a Cascade Baby tank. It's almost exactly the same size as the Target Pro but with newer technology. And the GT coils really are excellent. I use Ccells mostly in my Armour Pro and Luxe/Skrr kits and they seem to last forever. But I still keep one Target Pro in my office and another in my Living room and use both daily.

as of right now im thinking of getting a new mod cuz this one has soo meny issues probobly not going near ccell coils again

• Optimistic

botox

Oct 31, 2018
sweden
so i noticed something last night i switched the tanks around on my vape so i put my target tank on my kamry 1000 k plus which is a built in battery mod that only has 30 w on it there is no way to change the setting but its preforming mutch better at a higher wattage with the ccell coils this tells me theres something of with my settings on my target by now the coil should start to be burnt and it still looks brand new also the flavour was miles ahead of how the ccells usually are for me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread