Hello vapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
New member here from northern europe. Have been reading the forum for some time, but registered just few days ago.

Smoked for over 30 years, now vaped for 2. Totally smoke free for just over a year.

I started vaping direct lung after a vaper friend told me to get tanks that give lots of vapor. But it wasn’t for me.
After getting my first real MTL tanks (Nautilus and Siren) and upping the nic level I was able to quit cigarettes completely.

Now I enjoy tight MTL, and still use high nics. Tryin to cut it down but every time I lower nic just a bit I start to vape 50% more.

Also I still havent found a flavor that I would really like. Most flavors are horrible, many are bad and few are ok but nothing is really good. I have tried perhaps 50 flavors so far, and mix my own juices.

You have a great community here, lots of talking and very little arguing.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi and welcome congrats on your switch. I am very unapologetic about my MTL vaping and plenty of vapers you will meet on ECF prefer that style as well and there's been lots of fun gear recently.

I think everyone should vape however they want, I do also think I wouldn't have been able to switch to vaping using DL gear, but most of all welcome and congrats.

Anna

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
MTL'r here saying 'welcome'. Nuttin' like a tastey tight drag.

Am where you were 2 years ago striving to reach the goal you reached a year ago.
Congratz.

I'm low nic right now but the day I stop using a bic lighter and use a push button 100% to get my attitude right, I'll up the nic. I already stay jacked up using 0.3% and puffing on the stinky stick.

I found a store bought flavor I like. Grape soda type. See, the last 3 times I drank grape soda I passed kidney stones within 24 hours. Kinda decided no more of that thank ya. Been vaping it a month now and no kidney stones...

Enjoy the site. There's a bunch of friendlys here in a nice disciplined format.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
New member here from northern europe. Have been reading the forum for some time, but registered just few days ago.

Smoked for over 30 years, now vaped for 2. Totally smoke free for just over a year.

I started vaping direct lung after a vaper friend told me to get tanks that give lots of vapor. But it wasn’t for me.
After getting my first real MTL tanks (Nautilus and Siren) and upping the nic level I was able to quit cigarettes completely.

Now I enjoy tight MTL, and still use high nics. Tryin to cut it down but every time I lower nic just a bit I start to vape 50% more.

Also I still havent found a flavor that I would really like. Most flavors are horrible, many are bad and few are ok but nothing is really good. I have tried perhaps 50 flavors so far, and mix my own juices.

You have a great community here, lots of talking and very little arguing.
Congrats- glad you found what works for you. I'm always amazed that smokers can go straight to DL to quit- but hey, whatever works. Just passed the 1 yr. milestone myself in May. So awesome not to struggle with that addiction any more. I'll probably quit vaping too some day, but for now, I really enjoy it, and just thank God that it's available!

And I couldn't agree more about the forum, and quality of people here. It's the only forum I've ever joined. Started because all the answers I was looking for led me here, and stayed because the people are (almost) all great! ;)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Lalli - Welcome to ECF, from yet another vaper who doesn't do DTL vaping. I'm actually not a MTL vaper either, but...close to it. :)

I'm another one who also loves to make my own eliquids. I've tried a few store bought ones from a couple vendors in the last 3 years (some freebies, $1 add-on purchases, etc.), but they just don't compare to my own DIY ones, to me. As others suggested...you might want to check out the DIY Eliquid forum for lots of recipes, hints & tips, lots of discussion about the different flavorings, etc. :thumbs:

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Welcome and congratulations on not smoking for a year. Not easy for someone who smoked for 30 years. I actually smoked for 45+ years but have not smoked for 100 days. I too am a mtl vaper who has gradually lowered my nic from 24mg to 12mg. Of course, I do vape all the time, but that is a price I am willing to pay to not smoke. I still vape naturally extracted tobacco liquids but have also been vaping Ry 4 liquids and a few others. Finding the right ones is really important and not that easy, at least for some of us. Good luck!

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Welcome to the forums - you definitely came to the right place.

As others have said, finding the correct vape can be very important (and nice to vape as well). DIY is a great option.

What type e-liquid are you wanting, or currently, using (e.g. tobacco, candy, citrus, fruit, custard, bakery, or a combination thereof)? Perhaps someone in the general e-liquid discussion section can steer you in the right direction? Though I am curious as well ;).

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Oh, I forgot my welcome for the EU people:

Big Welcome.jpg

And in case you haven't found it - there is an EU Sub-forum

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
Thanks for welcoming me everyone :)

I havent found the DIY- forum yet...

I would like to find a good tobacco or RY4 flavor, have tried many but with very little luck. RY4D is ok.

Some fruit / berries are ok too, and peppermint for some reason is fine. Normally I dont care for peppermint at all.

I like smooth stuff, not harsh.

One problem with flavors for me is that after vaping any flavor for a week the taste fades away and I cant really taste it anymore. Then I vape other things and after a month I can taste that flavor again. Not really vapers tongue but something like that.

Usually I have two or three devices with me everywhere and different juice in all of them for not getting too much of the same.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Thanks for welcoming me everyone :)

I havent found the DIY- forum yet...

I would like to find a good tobacco or RY4 flavor, have tried many but with very little luck. RY4D is ok.

Some fruit / berries are ok too, and peppermint for some reason is fine. Normally I dont care for peppermint at all.

One problem with flavors for me is that after vaping any flavor for a week the taste fades away and I cant really taste it anymore. Then I vape other things and after a month I can taste that flavor again. Not really vapers tongue but something like that.

Usually I have two or three devices with me everywhere and different juice in all of them for not getting too much of the same.
If you mean ready-made juice, it was too sweet for me, but Cafe Racer makes an incredibly nice Ry4.
For diy - you won't go wrong with most Hangsens. I used mostly TAB, and Gold & Silver. But now I'm in love with a Naturally Extracted Tobacco flavoring for diy - Stixx Mixx's American Virginian. It makes it hard for me to go back to my Hangsens - just outstanding!

I only do tobacco, and if that's what you're looking for in diy, here's the awesome thread that I started with:Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Tobacco is always a tough call and so subjective. Personally, I like Dessert Ship. And don't dismiss the pipe tobacco flavors. Some of them have a very pleasant aroma and taste. I also like Lotus Heavenly Shangri-La, but it can be hard to find.

Anna gave you the link to the DIY. You can also do an Advanced Search: Search, More, Search in Forums - Scroll to the DIY e-liquid recipes. It's a pretty good way to see how things are made with tobacco flavorings and try to find a combination that sounds good to you.

Good luck in your search. Let us know how it turns out.

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
I DIY and stay away from any mint flavors. For me, they overpower my taste buds and ruin any perception of other flavors during a vape session. For a good RY4:
RY4 Double and Tribecca clone?
Or, Might want to try the ECF search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in " recipe: Tribecca".
I have read that rotating your flavors, among other remedies, can stave off vapers tongue, I know this has worked for me.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread