Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay81

Jan 30, 2019
Hello all, I need some advice I tried vaping prior and always got a sore throat and just wasn’t pleasant. A lady I work with use 100 vg and 24 nic and I love it.
I got an Evod and love it cause of the tight drawn MTL but the thing dies like crazy! What is a good device / tank that can handle High VG and tight MTL? I searched and searched and hoping this community can help

Reactions: muth

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :)
For best quality and long life. The general advice currently is a kroma-a kit with an innokin zenith tank. This is mostly because it’s a good tank, and the kit it tends to come in is the kroma. The battery is not small, but it will go for a very long time. Another device that also works well and is somewhat more sleek is the target mini kit. It’s older and the cartridges are harder to get, but the battery is a lot smaller. If you’re willing to buy a separate mod (what the bottom battery part is called) you can buy an innokin zenith tank and put it on any mod you want. It doesn’t quite fit on the target mini because of a pointless little bump on top (I cut into it about a millimeter with a hack saw blade and it fit fine) but there are a bunch of other similarly sized mods it works well on.

• Agree
Reactions: madstabber

Kay81

Jan 30, 2019
Howdy and welcome :)
For best quality and long life. The general advice currently is a kroma-a kit with an innokin zenith tank. This is mostly because it’s a good tank, and the kit it tends to come in is the kroma. The battery is not small, but it will go for a very long time. Another device that also works well and is somewhat more sleek is the target mini kit. It’s older and the cartridges are harder to get, but the battery is a lot smaller. If you’re willing to buy a separate mod (what the bottom battery part is called) you can buy an innokin zenith tank and put it on any mod you want. It doesn’t quite fit on the target mini because of a pointless little bump on top (I cut into it about a millimeter with a hack saw blade and it fit fine) but there are a bunch of other similarly sized mods it works well on.
Thank you, can it handle max Vg and mouth to lung?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thank you, can it handle max Vg and mouth to lung?
Yes. The zenith and the target mini are both mouth to lung tanks that can handle 100%VG. Most tanks actually will take 100%VG fine. It’s just the pods and mini AIO kits that tend to have a problem because of their tiny tiny atomizer designs. Anything with a normal sized coil will work fine, generally.

• Agree
Reactions: lupinehorror

Kay81

Jan 30, 2019
Yes. The zenith and the target mini are both mouth to lung tanks that can handle 100%VG. Most tanks actually will take 100%VG fine. It’s just the pods and mini AIO kits that tend to have a problem because of their tiny tiny atomizer designs. Anything with a normal sized coil will work fine, generally.
You’re amazing! Thank you

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks, I looked at something similar to that the Cube I think it was called but the one tank that had good reviews I wasn’t sure if it would fit it.
Almost Any tank with a 510 thread will technically fit almost any mod with a 510 thread. The exceptions generally being devices where the tank does not sit on top of the mod. The question is will there be overhang? That happens when the atty is bigger than there is space for on the mod. I’m having trouble finding a top diameter for the cube, but it looks like it will handle 24mm without overhang just fine

Reactions: Mordacai

Kay81

Jan 30, 2019
For Rebuildable tanks what device would it go on? I ended up getting the Smok mag baby and aspire nautilus 2 but every couple of hits it tastes bad. I also tried the Melo 2 and that was super unpleasant. Tried the Smok spirals plus as welll and that was bad.
Just ordered the Pico 75w and that will be coming any day.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
For Rebuildable tanks what device would it go on? I ended up getting the Smok mag baby and aspire nautilus 2 but every couple of hits it tastes bad. I also tried the Melo 2 and that was super unpleasant. Tried the Smok spirals plus as welll and that was bad.
You can put a RTA on most mods providing you build the coil at reasonable watt requirements over vape duration. 50 watts is almost 10x more power needed for my standard ohm (~2.2 ohms) single coil RDA build. Anyway, its a good idea to have a backup mod.
Could read:
Resistance is Futile - Vapor Connection LLC | Pittsburgh's Premiere Vapor Shop & Lounge
What Ohms should I choose?
Efficiency. Thinner wire and higher resistance VS thick wire and lower resistance
Higher Resistance, Lower Wattage vs Lower Resistance, Higher Wattage

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Weird. Could be the juice you are using or the way you’re priming your coils. Not sure an RBA would necessarily be an improvement then. There’s clearly a basic problem somewhere.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Hello all, I need some advice I tried vaping prior and always got a sore throat and just wasn’t pleasant. A lady I work with use 100 vg and 24 nic and I love it.
I got an Evod and love it cause of the tight drawn MTL but the thing dies like crazy! What is a good device / tank that can handle High VG and tight MTL? I searched and searched and hoping this community can help
I just saw this thread on high vg and mtl tanks:......nevermind, it was you! I see you got the help you needed. Congratulations on quitting the stinkies and much success with your new gear. I know it's not easy when you have pg sensitivity. But we've come a long way, baby;). We gots something for you, too.

Kay81

Jan 30, 2019
Weird. Could be the juice you are using or the way you’re priming your coils. Not sure an RBA would necessarily be an improvement then. There’s clearly a basic problem somewhere.
I got the 100%vg 24 nic solution from wizard labs. That’s where I was told to go and I also get the flavor ....s from there to add to the mix. But the lady that I work with will add the juice once it comes tomorrow. I used her mix that she has been using for 15+years. But she is a dripper and Not MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread