Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaze

May 2, 2012
CA, USA
So after a friend asked me about e-cigs and tried one, I decided to see what it's all about.

I started with a cheap crappy disposable one from the local smokeshop. It wasn't bad. So I searched online for more info, and found this forum. I've read almost all the stickies in the sections I've looked at. I've made a decision on what to get for my pv. I've even stared at the e-juice DIY section here, and looked at some of the sites to buy stuff for it. Yes, I read the warnings. There's no way to avoid reading them. (Good job on that!)

More about me? Why vaping?
I'm just your average 1pk/day smoker. Sometimes less. But it's expensive. And I've been trying to cut back. It's very hard. But I noticed that with that disposable one, I was going outside less. Even if I seemed to be using it more, I was still lighting up less. AND I can vape in the house. And it's healthier for my grandmother. She's on oxygen 24/7, and sometimes just the scent of the cigs can bother her. So while I may not be able to quit analogs completely, I'll be able to cut them out more and more.

I'm a forum lurker, a graphic signature designer, and an IRC junkie. I'm already on the ECF IRC. Flirt, stalker, generally amused by anything, and have a dirty and wicked sense of humor.
<+VaporFiend> I like those cats that are basically lions
<+VaporFiend> but they're tamed
<+VaporFiend> ....... what are they called
<+Kaze> women
<~w> :p
<+beebz> abyssinian
<+VaporFiend> Kaze
<+VaporFiend> pls stop making me laugh while I'm drinking water

Feel free to ask me any question. I'll answer it, even if the answer is that I won't tell you!

~Kaze

rescued

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Memphis
welcome to ECF. these folks are awesome and very prompt to answer any questions!!! my brain has almost asploded a couple of times since being here, but they always halp me work through whatever kind of deranged questions i can come up with. post here if you need to know anything. like i said, they are all great. you may not get the answer you want, but they will be honest. that speaks volumes.

Kaze

May 2, 2012
CA, USA
Any one know if the KGO will stand mild chewing on the end? I have a really bad habit of chewing on anything plastic that gets near my mouth. Can't tell you how many headphones I've ruined because of that. Or stylus for assorted electronics. Or pens that have decided enough with the chewing and leak ink. I have stopped chewing on pens because of that... But anything else doesn't stand a chance! It's not that I bite hard, it's that I absentmindedly chew on something until it breaks. :glare:

Kaze

May 2, 2012
CA, USA
Well, I got my KGO today! Along with the 4 ejuice flavors. Out of the 3 I've tried, I love the Hazelnut Coffee and the Chocolate Cream. But I can't stand the Apple Cinnamon. I also got the Mocha Java from Vape Dudes, and am totally in love with it. I'll be going back there for more!

Now to start fully weaning myself off analogs, and explore all the different flavors that are out there! Any one have a good recommendation for flavors I might like? With the reaction to the Apple Cinnamon, I don't think I'd care for many fruit flavors, but I haven't tried the Tangerine I bought. Too entranced with the other 3!

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Welcome Kaze. I think you'll enjoy it here. Good choice on the Kgo; I went round and round between that and the E-power kit I ultimately bought. They're both regulated 3.7v, which means that they consistently fire at 3.7. You didn't say, but since you're ordering juice, I assume you're ordering carto's. I'd recommend 1.7 LR "resurrectors" or 2.0 LR boges.

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Oh, and by the way, don't get frustrated if you don't completely get off of analogs at first. The craving for one first thing in the morning is probably the worst; cigarettes have substances in them to basically "dump" a big hit of nicotine into your system straight off, while vaping causes a more gradual loading of nicotine into your system.

Kaze

May 2, 2012
CA, USA
Since for over 10 years, I've smoked outside or in the garage, the analogs haven't bothered my grandmother as much. She only quit 5-6 years ago herself. Though she cheated ;) She had to have hip replacement surgery and got through the worst of the withdrawal effects while heavily sedated.
Reidus, I do understand that it may take me a bit to stop with analogs. I can't go without one at certain times during the day still. So that morning cig is going to stick around for a bit, and will probably be the last one to go!
I did do my research on which cartos people preferred, and when I ordered my KGO, I added on a 5 pack of the 2.0 LR boges. I appreciate that you're recommending them as well. I haven't had any problems with them. Though they have teeth marks already!
Trying to label them with what flavor they have in them is a bit more difficult. I've tried to put a small letter in nail polish some where in the middle of the carto. After I found out that if I had it near the tip that I'd chew it off... Bad habit of playing with things in my mouth. (Take that any way you want to!:laugh:)

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Since for over 10 years, I've smoked outside or in the garage, the analogs haven't bothered my grandmother as much. She only quit 5-6 years ago herself. Though she cheated ;) She had to have hip replacement surgery and got through the worst of the withdrawal effects while heavily sedated.
Reidus, I do understand that it may take me a bit to stop with analogs. I can't go without one at certain times during the day still. So that morning cig is going to stick around for a bit, and will probably be the last one to go!
I did do my research on which cartos people preferred, and when I ordered my KGO, I added on a 5 pack of the 2.0 LR boges. I appreciate that you're recommending them as well. I haven't had any problems with them. Though they have teeth marks already!
Trying to label them with what flavor they have in them is a bit more difficult. I've tried to put a small letter in nail polish some where in the middle of the carto. After I found out that if I had it near the tip that I'd chew it off... Bad habit of playing with things in my mouth. (Take that any way you want to!:laugh:)

Oh... You need some drip tips. Don't tell me you're using that silly little plug in the end of the cartomizer!!! EEEEkkk..
Get some 510 sized drip tips. They even have them in aluminum. Take that plug out and stick a drip tip in. Then you won't even have to pull it out to top off your carto (you ARE topping off your carto, aren't you??). A good cheap place to get them is ecigcharlotte.com because they have a good selection, they're only a couple bucks and shipping is only $1.99.

Good choice on the kGo BTW. Two years ago, I didn't plan on quitting my 3 pack habit either, but it just happened instantly. And kGos weren't even invented then. All we had were those little 510 batteries. Even cartomizers were kind of exotic!! So, just vape and vape and vape. Before you know it, you'll realize it's time for bed and you've forgotten to light a cigarette!! Next morning, grab your kGo again. Have some mocha juice. Maybe some bacon!! Vape till you're dizzy. Then catch yourself and start vaping again. Next thing you know, you'll be a non-smoker. But for gawd's sake, get some drip tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread