Hello :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamsandman

Feb 2, 2016
Hello everyone I am completely new to vaping. I started vaping as a healthier alternative to smoking cigarettes.

I only have an ego-T ce4 which i have bought last week. I know that it is disposable so I was wondering if there is anything I could do to upgrade my unit and I hope you guys could help me with this.

I am a complete newbie so I am not familiar with commonly used terms on vaping. Your wisdom and guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello @iamsandman and welcome to the forum. I started on a cheap blister pack vape as well, and was upgrading from the start. The most recommended upgrade for a newbie is the Eleaf iStick 30watt mod (2200 mah battery)and the Aspire Nautilus Mini (clearomizer/tank). (Mah is the use before recharge, larger mah, longer time before needing recharged)
4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

There are a dozen mods similar to this one. The Nautilus ($22)is about the best quality vape before going to the next level of vape (sub ohm) and is probably the closest to a draw on a cig as there is (mouth to lung).

There is two main choices in picking out a mod (the battery part).
One is to get a mod with an internal battery where you recharge with a usb cable plugged into a wall plug or pc. On most of these you can vape while it charges (but you are tethered to a cable while it does).
The other choice is to get a mod with replaceable batteries (usually 18650 size). When it needs recharged you just swap out the battery and put the old/used one in a separate battery charger (like the Nitecore Intellicharger i2-$15). The plus side is you aren't tethered by a cable, BUT you'll have to spend more money to begin for extra batteries (around $8 each online plus a charger).

For shopping
I've used these U.S. vendors with no issues:
www.myvaporstore.com
www.originvape.com
www.vapesupersaver.com
www.sweetvapes.com
www.mtbakervapor.com
www.myfreedomsmokes.com
www.madvapes.com
www.gotvapes.com
www.vapeNW.com

You should also check here :
DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals (go to last couple pages)
FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

Good luck in your journey.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
US, UK, Europe?

You did the right things asking on here. Google is not your friend.
There are too many 'brand' stores ready to take your cash and make out they sell better e-cigs than other shops. Want to pay $119 for a $29 e-cig? Ask Google. :eek:

Seriously, avoid anything that looks at all like a 'one brand' shop. They are nearly all bad, too expensive and spend money on fake reviews sites and biased recommendations.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @iamsandman. Glad to have you here!:)

I often recommend an iStick 30 watt or Coolfire 4 (both mods) with an Aspire Mini Nautilus or eLeaf GS Air M (both tanks). Videos below.
If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Many juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

Charam1996

Oct 24, 2015
Hello and welcome to the forum @iamsandman. Glad to have you here!:)

I often recommend an iStick 30 watt or Coolfire 4 (both mods) with an Aspire Mini Nautilus or eLeaf GS Air M (both tanks). Videos below.
If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Many juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

+1 buying the cool fire IV 40w might be more beneficial to you when you want to sub ohm usually (0.5 ohm coils).

I think you would be better off buying the aspire nautilus and using the (1.2 - 1.5 coils)

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread