Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been vaping for about 2 1/2 years. Currently living near San Francisco, CA. My device of choice is a smok Alien AL 85 with a big baby beast (5ml) tank. Good little device. I still do cigarettes but I’m only doing about 2-3 a day. Less and less as I find them increasingly nasty.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
It took me a month to transition completely to vaping. As you said, they are increasingly nasty. I would get to where I could only smoke 1/2 of a cigarette and then put it out.

The hardest part was trusting that the vaping would take care of my cravings or whatever. My last two smokes where 1/2 half of a cig for the last two nights before I mustered up the courage to just let it go.

That was over 5 years ago. :D

There's an old saying around here: Count the ones you DON'T have, not the ones you do! ;)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
viannen_01.gif

Welcome to ECF!​

pJYvGY3.gif

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi, JenInNorCal, welcome to ECF. I hope you enjoy your stay. I dual used for many years, and then when finally deciding to quit things all came together for me. Congrats on reducing your cigarette intake, and when the time is right, it will happen for you.

The more you vape, the nastier you will think cigarettes are. I'd been smoking for decades, so I had no idea what was in store for me like tasting food again, being able to breathe, etc.

Welcome to ECF we're all glad you are here :)

Anna

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
I’ve been vaping for about 2 1/2 years. Currently living near San Francisco, CA. My device of choice is a Smok Alien AL 85 with a big baby beast (5ml) tank. Good little device. I still do cigarettes but I’m only doing about 2-3 a day. Less and less as I find them increasingly nasty.
Hi and welcome!

I am new to vaping and have noticed that I have strong cravings for tobacco at 6mg, slight cravings at 12mg, and no cravings at 18mg.

Right now I am alternatively using 12mg and 18mg (I have two tanks, so I just switch back and forth).

I *tried* to have a cigarette today and I extinguished it after two puffs! It just tasted nasty to me.

I have also tried nic salts, but maybe the tube I got was the wrong flavor or something. But that stuff was CRAZY! The flavor sucked but the nicotine buzz was amazing.

LOL, then I read the fine print and realized the 25mg stuff I was using was totally not intended for high wattage DTL vaping.

Anyway - it's possible that experimenting with different nicotine levels and juices might be able to get you down even a little more on the cig side of things.

I'm also in NorCal near SF. Been here since the early 90's. Love it. Lots of vape shops I am learning as well, LOL.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
I’ve been vaping for about 2 1/2 years. Currently living near San Francisco, CA. My device of choice is a Smok Alien AL 85 with a big baby beast (5ml) tank. Good little device. I still do cigarettes but I’m only doing about 2-3 a day. Less and less as I find them increasingly nasty.
Hi and welcome!

I am new to vaping and have noticed that I have strong cravings for tobacco at 6mg, slight cravings at 12mg, and no cravings at 18mg.

Right now I am alternatively using 12mg and 18mg (I have two tanks, so I just switch back and forth).

I *tried* to have a cigarette today and I extinguished it after two puffs! It just tasted nasty to me.

I have also tried nic salts, but maybe the tube I got was the wrong flavor or something. But that stuff was CRAZY! The flavor sucked but the nicotine buzz was amazing.

LOL, then I read the fine print and realized the 25mg stuff I was using was totally not intended for high wattage DTL vaping.

Anyway - it's possible that experimenting with different nicotine levels and juices might be able to get you down even a little more on the cig side of things.

I'm also in NorCal near SF. Been here since the early 90's. Love it. Lots of vape shops I am learning as well, LOL.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Good for you, us Nor Cal's need all the vapors we can get in ANTZ's land. (Anti Nicotine and Tobacco Zealots) 2-3 smoks should not hurt you half as much as no vaping and smoking only. You are not alone, keep up the good work.
Might like to read:
Still smoking support and chat thread
http://www.vapewild.com/the-wild-blogger/vapewild-test-results/

Reactions: stols001

zuuuus333

Moved On
Nov 8, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread