Need a new tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John church

Jan 19, 2018
Hi everyone, I’m currently running a smok alien mod with the baby beast coils, however they are only lasting me 2 or 3 days! So I’m on the lookout for a new tank, ive kinda researched the clieto 120 and the i well crown 3 but not sure if there are any others out there that would increase my coil longevity. Any help would me mostly appreciated!!

Thanks for listening

John church

Jan 19, 2018
BB tank is cross compatible with other brands of coils. The Cleito 120 has some fans here on ECF. I'm having a good experience with the Fireluke .25 coil, 2nd week and wick/wire still in good shape, barely colored.

Thankyou for your help, I am seriously considering the cleito, he smok coils taste so bad that I’m having to run it on 35 Watts!!! It’s ridiculous

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I hear both tanks are great.

The Crown 3 seems to be the darling of the vaping world currently, however. Every time I see people ask for suggestions, the Crown 3 is by far the most popular.

If you want more options, you could look into the new Vaporesso Cascade & Wake Tank.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I use the original crown and the coils used to last me a month or more. Then I switched juices, I only vape 1 flavor, and now it only lasts 3-4 weeks. The juice you use has a big effect but the OG crown is a great tank and the coils are SS so it can be used in any mode you want. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to kanthal and never tried the others. Anyway the crown coils are pretty cheap also. If you don’t want to try the crown I think the crown 3 seems like a good choice. Haven’t tried it but people seem to enjoy it. Good luck in whatever you choose I hope you like it.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
@Eskie do you remember what thread I posted a list of compatible coils for the BB?
Anyway @John church if you google Smok v8 Baby Beast cross compatible coils there is a list. Try some of those, but read the comments.

Ah, no I don't. The only one I remember was the Vaporesso NRG as being compatible. But it's in your post somewhere. Hopefully the new and improved search engine will excavate that tight out.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Ah, no I don't. The only one I remember was the Vaporesso NRG as being compatible. But it's in your post somewhere. Hopefully the new and improved search engine will excavate that tight out.
I keep forgetting the search is improved and still don't use it.:facepalm: I can just search my content right? Please say yes.

Oomee

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
UK
I can't believe I actually found the post, of course I can't link it. sigh
@John church the thread is...A few questions about mod settings for coil, post #26. That's the best I can do.:oops:

This post:
"IJoy Exo xs, Vaporesso NRG, Wotofo Flo, Joyetech Procore Aries, and Geekvape Illusion Mini are just some of the cross compatible coils. Google cross compatible Smok Big Baby Beast coils into google and do some reading."

This thread:
A few questions about mod settings for coil

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

The Vaporesso GT coils are compatible with BB.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I vaped a Cleto, and I'm not a DL person so I can't really speak to the quality of the vape other than "too much for me," but I will say it's a well-made tank, the coils are pretty consistent and provide a decent sub-ohm vape and seem to last fairly well. That Cleto was my son's tank he gave me when he quit vaping, and he would typically run 250 ml of e-liquid through a coil before changing it (storebought, but not insane in gunking factors).

With that said, I hear nothing but good things about the Crown 3 and satisfied users. I'd probably purchase that over the Cleto (it does have some higher resistance coils for those who want that) although the tank setup and style would most likely not be as much to my liking (as my MTL tanks, not the Cleto).

I'd say both are decent choices, but if I were to recommend something, I would probably go with the Crown because I don't think I've heard a single complaint about it and a lot of rave reviews.

Best of luck,

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: madstabber

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi everyone, I’m currently running a smok alien mod with the baby beast coils, however they are only lasting me 2 or 3 days! So I’m on the lookout for a new tank, ive kinda researched the clieto 120 and the i well crown 3 but not sure if there are any others out there that would increase my coil longevity. Any help would me mostly appreciated!!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Coil life can be dependent on many factors. The article below addresses some factors which may inform.
Might like to read:
How to prolong the life of your vape coils

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have three ORIGINAL Uwell Crown tanks. (Not tried the Crown 2/3 or Valarian; however I've been reluctant to try them due to mixed reviews.)

I can't say enough about this tank; I have used these exclusively for about a year and a half. I even quit dripping. I use the 0.5 ohm SS coils and get four weeks or more use. 4ml capacity. Easy top fill. Several choices in drop in coils in addition to an RBA base.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I recommend the Vaporesso Estoc to folks looking for long coil life and middle-range wattage. The tank is virtually leak proof and holds 4ml of juice. The EUC coils it uses are among the least expensive you can buy and they last tank after tank before the flavor takes on that sharp tang of a fouling coil.

It produces very nice vapor, but it really does top out at 40 Watts. Which is ok with me because for a drop-in coil tank, it is tasty tasty.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread