• Reason: unregistered supplier

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hello and welcome Dawn.
What nic mg are you using? The cravings do get easier to resist with some time and will fade away. Helps to hold the hit in your mouth for a moment before inhaling and exhaling through your nose. We absorb the nic in vapor more efficiently in our mucus membranes than our lungs.

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! The kit you have is a great starter to go with. What concentration of nicotine is in the juice you bought to vape? Cravings are best controlled with higher nicotine concentrations so if you're on a low nicotine juice, a bump up may well help, especially in that device.

Dawn-137

Dec 3, 2019
Hello and welcome Dawn.
What nic mg are you using? The cravings do get easier to resist with some time and will fade away. Helps to hold the hit in your mouth for a moment before inhaling and exhaling through your nose. We absorb the nic in vapor more efficiently in our mucus membranes than our lungs.
Thank you Letitia, I will try this as I'm basically vaping like it's a cig. Still enjoying the experience though and not touched a cig. Using 16mg all different flavours. I need to purchase coils but baffled on ohms etc will search here for info

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I definitely will ty. Need more coils but no clue what to buy! They are all different on Amazon eg 0.5 ,1.6
The 1.6 coil will give you the tighter draw more like a cigarette. The 0.8 is the medium ground; less restricted draw, slightly warmer, more vapor. The 0.5 and plexus coils will be warmer and looser draw. Each will be used at a different wattage, higher watts for lower ohms.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
coolfire mini zenith
I definitely will ty. Need more coils but no clue what to buy! They are all different on Amazon eg 0.5 ,1.6
Welcome and glad you joined.
Looks like you have 3 choices .5,.8 and 1.6 ohm coils to choose from.
"Includes (1) Zenith KAL Plexus Z Coil 0.5ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed) (Designed for 14 - 19W)
Includes (1) Zenith KAL 1.6ohm Atomizer Head (Designed for 10 - 14 Watts)"
upload_2019-12-4_9-5-58.png

Note the "0.8 ohms marked on the coil above. Suggest choosing whichever coil gives you the best performance.
re: Zenith Replacement Coils Kanthal - 5-Pack

• Agree
Reactions: Dawn-137

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia

As @Letitia mentioned the higher ohm coils will give a slightly more tight cigarette type draw and the lower ohm coils will be a slightly less restricted draw.
    What ohm coil are you using now? It will say on the coil like the picture above:)

Reactions: Letitia

Dawn-137

Dec 3, 2019
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Looks like you have 3 choices .5,.8 and 1.6 ohm coils to choose from.
    "Includes (1) Zenith KAL Plexus Z Coil 0.5ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed) (Designed for 14 - 19W)
    Includes (1) Zenith KAL 1.6ohm Atomizer Head (Designed for 10 - 14 Watts)"
    View attachment 856183
    Note the "0.8 ohms marked on the coil above. Suggest choosing whichever coil gives you the best performance.
    re: Zenith Replacement Coils Kanthal - 5-Pack
    Thanks very much for the advice letitia. I'm still off the cigs and particularly enjoying my blackjack ejuice
    The 1.6 coil will give you the tighter draw more like a cigarette. The 0.8 is the medium ground; less restricted draw, slightly warmer, more vapor. The 0.5 and plexus coils will be warmer and looser draw. Each will be used at a different wattage, higher watts for lower ohms.
    Thank you Letitia and everyone else for the fantastic advice much appreciated

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Thank you for the advice Daniel I bought coils from the vape shop and they are 1.6 so I think they will be what I need. Is the wattage important too? I currently have my device set at 14 watts although it can go higher, thanks

14 watts is absolutely fine to be vaping at. You could even go lower than that if that suits you.
    There's no need to go higher though just because your mod can go to a higher wattage:D

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Thank you for the advice Daniel I bought coils from the vape shop and they are 1.6 so I think they will be what I need. Is the wattage important too? I currently have my device set at 14 watts although it can go higher, thanks

Wattage is quite important. If your wattage is too low, your coil won't really fire. If it's too high, it can damage your coil and you'll get a mouthful of very unpleasant acrid smoke. In between too low and too high is a wide range of options. Basically, the vape gets hotter and you get more vapour as you increase (at least until you get to the point where you burn your coil.)

If you look at the box of coils (or on the coil itself, if your eyes are good enough to read it), there will be a recommended wattage range. For your 1.6 ohm coils, I think it's 10 - 14 watts. It'll be different for the .5 ohm and .8 ohm coils. A good strategy is to start at about half of the lower number - maybe 6 watts for that coil. Start vaping there and see how you like it. Then turn it up a watt or so and see if it's better. Keep increasing it until it starts getting worse instead of better. Then turn it down to wherever you liked it best. Don't worry if it's outside the recommended range - it's just a suggestion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread