Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Hi folks, Peter here, nice to meet you all and greetings from Scotland,

I'm relatively new to vaping in terms of actually getting mentally involved, researching and putting my time into it. I only started researching online approximately 2 weeks ago. I started vaping 4 years ago but never really got hooked- I own a Blue pen device that I bought in 2016 (big disappointment, i don't think I even went through 2 10ml bottles of juice, 18mg nic, tobacco flavours and pure pg based liquids, disgusting). Then after a year in 2017 I bought Innokin Endura T22 on t18e tank, not bad, but cigarettes were strong in me so I was vaping off/on and smoking all the time.
So: 2 weeks ago I decided to get properly involved. Lockdown played a massive role. Took my Innokin ot of the cabinet, got the liquids out, and started researching online sources and watching yotube (vaping insider, jay haze, vaping with vic, mike vapes etc). Jumped on ebay and ordered a starter kit (Smok Majesty Luxe with Tfv12 prince tank), a decent stash of cheapest coils I could get for it (m4, Q4, x2 and t10), large quantity (ready for a long lockdown hehe) of materials for diy mixing of my own liquids (various flavourings, 72mg PG nic, pure pg and pure vg) and various accessories. I also bought a Smok Nord for my girlfriend. Altogether around 250-300£ for everything (315-375$ so you don't need to convert).
Been vaping that Majesty for few days now on Q4 coil that came with the tank, I'm quite happy so far, I also vape the Innokin Endura when I feel like I need more nicotine (so pretty much all the time). Got some 20mg nic salts for it as well to try, not bad!

Sorry for the long introduction, not sure how that happened :shock:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
zRkuOGP.jpg

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK

Thanks for all the links, got plenty of time to explore :) As to youtube I totally agree, there's hardly anything better than watching a well-made video to pick things up faster (watching pros in action), and that applies to just about everything, not just vaping. Especially that I don't really have any friends that vape anything more than a basic setup recommended by the vape shop.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK

That rayon wicking material looks very interesting, hard to get here in uk but I just found an online shop that sells it :) I have a question- do you reckon it would be possible to use it to rewick single mesh coils? I recently found a tutorial on yt and I want to give it a shot in the future, thanks

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
That rayon wicking material looks very interesting, hard to get here in uk but I just found an online shop that sells it :) I have a question- do you reckon it would be possible to use it to rewick single mesh coils? I recently found a tutorial on yt and I want to give it a shot in the future, thanks
I think rayon is far superior than cotton wicking in every instance. Go for it.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
I think rayon is far superior than cotton wicking in every instance. Go for it.

I'll try it once few mesh coils die on me, my only concern is that it looks much more loose than the Muji cotton pads that the guy uses in the tutorial mentioned above, so it might be hard to get it in consistently. I have an idea though- to get the rayon wet and try to iron it flat. I'll see how it goes and let you guys know, probably in a couple of weeks

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread