Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at Dead Rabbit M rta kindly sent by Hellvape. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that by the end of this reading you may have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit M rta; Before starting let's see together the presentation of the producer:
    1. Project by Hellvape and Vapers Brazil
    2. 25mm diameter RTA mesh
    3. A quarter turn to open the top cap, easy filling
    4. Honeycomb airflow from top to side to give you smooth airflow, concentrated flavor and to prevent leaking
    5. Postless Deck + ceramic, supports both Mesh Coil and normal single Coil
    6. Multifunctional winding rod for screwing screws, building classic coils and mesh coils

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-2.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit M RTA; Packaging:
    The compact package in bright red with a visible window on the product, shows the front; the Hellvape logo, the Vapers Brazil logo and the famous dead rabbit logo. Also we find a giant "M" and the words "Dead Rabbit M RTA". On the back are present; the characteristics, the packing list, logos & trademarks required by law.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-3.jpg

On the remaining parts of the package we find; the numeric code (22-02) associated with this product, a stylized drawing of the tank, the name of the product (Dead Rabbit M RTA). We also find; the slogan "Evolve your vaping genius", the scratch & check, an adhesive label with the batch number and the color indication of this sample.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-4.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit M RTA; Packing List:
    • 1 * Dead Rabbit M RTA
    • 2 * Mesh Coil 0.15Ω SS316L 50-60W
    • 2 * Mesh Coil 0.25Ω KA1 45-55W
    • 1 * Multifunctional Mesh Winding Tool
    • 4 * Cotton Laces
    • 1 * Convex glass
    • 1 * Bag of accessories
    • 1 * User Manual

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-5.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit M RTA; Specifications:
    • Size: φ25.0 * 46.5mm
    • Drip Tip: 810
    • Coil type: Mesh Coil
    • Net weight: 60g

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-6.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit M RTA; Available colours:
    • SS
    • Blue
    • Gunmetal
    • Matt Black
    • SS Opaque
    • Gold

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-7.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit M RTA; First Impressions:
    The idea of offering a Tank to the market that can support both mesh and traditional wire coils is not new, but the fact that Hellvape is proposing this idea makes me feel pretty confident that the tank will perform well. Vaper Brazil & Hellvape therefore bet everything on the new transformable rabbit ... I couldn't resist and immediately opened the boxes of Dead Rabbit M RTA. I have been sent the Matte Black and Matte SS versions. The pack comes with numerous accessories and everything you need to start playing with these deceased rabbits who are ready to rise again to shoot big clouds of vapor. For the occasion of this test I have again used my two fantastic Hellvape Mod Arez 120, I really like this combination because in my opinion it creates a harmonious style with the tanks that fit perfectly on the devices.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-8.jpg

Constructed in SS 304 steel the tank dead Rabbit M exploits the high construction standard of Hellvape, you can notice this when you start handling it to regulate the air flow, or when you take out the drip-tip or when you unscrew the top cap to refuel. You immediately realize its structural solidity which derives from an "important" weight of almost 60g, even the couplings between the various pieces are precise as usual.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-9.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit M RTA; Exploded View:
    The tank is mainly composed of six pieces that are all quickly separable for periodic cleaning operations, later we will also see all the pieces that make up the postless deck.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-10.jpg

The top cap has knurls on the perimeter that favor finger grip, no effort is needed to make 1/4 of a turn. The "bayonet" opening system is precise and reliable. The cap has two O-rings, one is used to hold the 810 Delrin drip-tip, while the other ring guarantees a watertight seal with the tank.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-11.jpg

The two top-up slots are huge for a really easy filling, and the surrounding "funnel-shaped" surface facilitates the sliding of the e-liquid inside the tank and prevents unwanted spills. The central one-piece structure houses inside a threads for joining with the deck, the upper profile of the dome is of the truncated cone type. The honeycomb design is composed of 18 holes on each side, the holes assume various inclinations and direct the air flow coming from the top in a rather enveloping way towards the resistance. Outside, just below the air flow slots there is an O-ring for hermetic sealing of the glass. The decorative aspect with the Dead Rabbit & Vape Brazil logos is quite highlighted and pleasant, especially on the Matte Black version of this RTA.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-12.jpg

As you can see in the image below, the one-piece structure highlights two large adjustable slots on the outside that capture the air flow to send it inside the tank. The internal structure of the holes arranged in a honeycomb provides to invest with the air flow the coil. It does not matter if the coil you have installed is Mesh or built with traditional wire windings, the flow will be directed well.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-13.jpg

The postless Deck of this RTA is of the Single-Coil type which can be regenerated with Mesh or with traditional Coils. In the center we find a spring-loaded ceramic plate, and on the side we find two wire stop blocks adjustable by means of two respective contrast springs and two cross screws.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-14.jpg

It is particularly interesting that the Deck of Dead Rabbit M RTA is completely removable. And this facilitates cleaning operations. There are various spare parts in the DR-M package, but when you take the Deck apart, I recommend that you do it on a flat surface and in an orderly fashion, because there are small pieces that you might lose sight of if they fall to the ground. By simply unscrewing the lower Pin it is possible to extract the following pieces from the deck; 1 turret, 2 wire stop blocks, 2 springs for blocks, the ceramic plate and the spring for the ceramic plate. In the image below there is also the lower O-ring for the watertight seal of the pyrex glass.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-15.jpg

● HellVape kindly sent me 10 spare Meshes and 10 cotton laces for my tests, thank you!

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-16.jpg

Hellvape Dead Rabbit M RTA; Vaping test and final conclusions:
    To correctly judge the various types of coils that can be installed on DR-M I used the same e-liquid for all four of the different configurations I tested. My e-liquid is the Tropical from ToB with a nic concentration of 3mg / ml.

● Hellvape Dead Rabbit M RTA; Mesh Coils:
    In the package there are included 2 Mesh Coils of SS316L material, 2 Mesh of KA1 material, 1 multifunctional tool and 4 cotton laces that have an adequate thickness. After loosening the screws of the wire stop blocks, it is necessary to insert the sheet of Mesh that has just been modeled with the multifunctional tool. Then with the same tool tighten the screws to lock the Mesh Coil. To carry out resistance running-in; Hellvape recommends making short activations with a power reduced to about 15W. If during the short activations the mesh lights up correctly from the center outwards, it means that there are no hot spot problems. Then you can tuck the cotton inside the Mesh. The spring-loaded ceramic plate keeps the cotton pressed on the inner surface of the coil. Personally I proceed by cutting the ends of the cotton just enough to be able to place them in their respective buttonholes, then I thread the ends of the cotton inside the buttonholes with a depth (+/-) of about a couple of millimeters. After inserting the cotton in the buttonholes and not to run into dry shots, I gently press the sides of the cotton with my fingers towards the resistance, so that the cotton raises the shoulders and remains in contact with the Mesh coil as much as possible.

After completing the build KA1 on the DR-M Matte SS and the build Mesh SS316 on the DR-M Matte Black, I started with the minimum power, of 45 and 50W respectively. At the start of the Test both tanks seemed to work, but I felt like the taste was not up to par, basically after a few Puffs my DRM with KA1 started giving a burnt flavor, and in a short distance the same thing happened in DRM with SS316. I changed both Meshes and installed new cotton laces but the result did not change, it seemed to me that the cotton was not able to get soaked in e-liquid. Luckily my friend Hittman who had been testing his DR-M for a few days gave me very useful information. He told me that at the beginning of the tests he didn't get good results, but that he solved my same problem brilliantly, simply by using a different type of cotton with more spongy fibers able to absorb the e-liquid better. So after finding a cotton with these characteristics among my reserves and installing it, I had no more problems. Now both of my dead rabbits have come back to life and are hopping happily across the lawn, even with the full power of the Meshes Coils. I finally got a greasy flavor with no dry hits. In general I like tanks with Mesh, especially when I can regenerate them in the right way. Meshes Coils usually provide instant activations and good flavor. Of course, installing Meshes coils is a delicate operation with any Tank. So it takes a lot of experience to have good results.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-17.jpg

Hellvape Dead Rabbit M RTA; Traditional Wire Coils:
    The new Dead Rabbit M with its postless deck is designed primarily for the Mesh construction type, however looking at the DR-M bell internally, I realized that the honeycomb airflow design is very similar to some of HellVape's RDAs, so why not try a construction using Coils with traditional wire windings? Hellvape herself declares that Dead Rabbit M is also suitable for this configuration. I proceed and having two Ø3mm Clapton Coils available, I install one on my DR-M Matte SS, then I unroll the other coil and rewind it on a larger Ø4mm tip. Then I install the Clapton Coil Ø4mm on the other DR-M (Matte Black). The installation principle of traditional Coils on Dead Rabbit M is based on inserting the coil legs diagonally on the deck. Then tightening the wire stop blocks and straightening the coil using the classic tool. For the best result you need to build a coil long enough, so that the legs can reach the ends of the turrets quite perpendicular. After tightening the screws, I let the belly of the resistance remain raised a couple of millimeters above the ceramic plate below. In this way the resistance is at the right height to properly exploit the air flow that provides the internal honeycomb structure. I noticed that the ends of the cotton must be quite abundant to be able to fill the large liquid inflow slots in the right way. So I inserted the ends of the cotton inside the buttonholes all the way and without pressing the breathable material too much but filling the spaces well, especially with the Ø3mm coil. I push the Ø3mm resistor at 40W and the other I created with a Ø4mm diameter I push it to 60W. With both Coils I immediately got great performance, dense clouds and a very similar level flavor to Dead Rabbit V3 Rta which is specific and really great for traditional coils.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-18.jpg

In conclusion, the Dead Rabbit M with the various configurations and with AFC open is able to provide a wide, strong and direct inhalation towards the lungs, the perception of the boost concentration present in the liquid increases greatly when the AFC is closed. The flavor is very rich and concentrated especially with the traditional Ø4mm coil. While the amount of steam emitted by DR-M is considerable, this happens with all possible coils configurations. The suction noise is low, with deep tonality, and is never annoying. The airflow from top to bottom is beautifully managed through the internal honeycomb structure. The Top AFC is raised above the coil, so you won't have e-liquid leaks. This postless Deck with its "universal" conformation offers experienced vaper's the possibility to switch from Mesh Coil to standard single Coil with classic windings. So would I recommend Dead Rabbit M? Yes, because DR-M has so many good qualities, it is robust and well built! If you are feeling good and ready to take on all kinds of coils, here you really have the opportunity to play and have a lot of fun together with Hellvape's new dead rabbit.

Thanks to Hellvape for sending me these samples for review:
    Dead Rabbit M RTA-Hellvape - The DIY atomizer leading brand

Thanks for reading.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-M-RTA-19.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Great review Frenkyou. I'm glad the different cotton worked for you like it did for me. I attributed some of my issue to the fact that the ceramic center was staying tilted to one side instead of pressing the cotton firmly against the coil at first. However, the cotton that was a little fatter took care of the issue.

Reactions: Nthome91

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Great review Frenkyou. I'm glad the different cotton worked for you like it did for me. I attributed some of my issue to the fact that the ceramic center was staying tilted to one side instead of pressing the cotton firmly against the coil at first. However, the cotton that was a little fatter took care of the issue.
    Thanks Hitt.
    For me the fatter cotton proved to be crucial.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread