HELLVAPE - FAT RABBIT SOLO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbo87

Dec 29, 2020
Fat rabbit Solo taken a few knocks already but this things taken some serious travel time. Didn't think i would enjoy it as much as i have.

Building really easy especially with the very well designed guide cutting tool included.
wicking takes a little getting use to but really do not need a lot of cotton at all
But what an awesome little Rta

So new one from hellvape, the follow up from the ever popular 'Fat Rabbit'
right here we have the ' fat rabbit so solo'

Thank you so much for Hellvape & Hellvape_UK for sending me this RTA, I am humbled you trust me to open & honest with my reviews

*as we start you should be aware i cannot compare to original for pure reason i never used the original so some of this you may have seen this before*

Today rather than going through all the packaging like I normally do.
most of you already know and how about products know all the packaging is generally the same with minor differences that might be the blown up diagram of the deck on the front of the red sleeve itself, generally the social media barcodes your content open up my change a little bit depending on what atomiser you get is the coil in this case, they haven't mentioned the coil on the box except for me being an ni80 coil.
What it is, is part of the range. It's a Nichrome 80 triple core fused Clapton of which they sell multi packs if you're new to building and want to get used to using the same or to avoid if you have any allergies. I shall post a picture up so you know what you're looking for.

So what we have here is a single coil 25mm RTA from the sounds of this does not sound anything special when I put it like that...

In the kit
Rta
0.37 ni80 coil
Strip of cotton
Bubble glass
Coil cutting tool * marked for ideal leg cutting*
Manual (multi-lingual)
Accessory bag (spare o-rings, screws, screwdriver)

Height is approximately 55mm (I got a little over 56mm).
So it's not a small RTA, just smaller than the original.

Starting from the top of the atomizer:
You have 810 drip seats comfortably but it's a short wide bore drip tip.
Top cap easily locks to the main chamber using a quarter of turn, with the o-rings inside as twist grip and twist feel it nicely locking into place.
With having quite an open top fill system you can fit most bottles through the top short fills and possibly to 250ml stumpy long neck bottles so filling really isn't an issue, at so you don't have to worry about silicones placements like you do with a lot of other pod systems and at attys these days. Nice to keep a wide open easy fill rather worrying if your bottle is going to fit or am i going to have decant into another suitable bottle.
Nice capacity 4.5/5.5 ml depending on which glass you're using.

I'm going to be honest i couldn't figure on how to separate the middle airflow ring, however that was probably a good thing considering under the middle airflow ring is how to reduce flows into the deck knowing my luck I'd dismantle it be like "f*** how do i put it back together" thats happened a few times in the past. [emoji1787]
The actual airflow ring itself is actually a nice easy twist he doesn't lock but it's not so loose that It Moves freely.

To actually access the deck what you need to do you have to twist the ring of the rabbit, yet again a quarter turn to the lock and unlock system.
Within the actual chamber kind of rounded off dome shape, really smooth machining which i suppose acts like a juice capture whilst reducing condensation (so i believe)

Now the main deck itself:
The coil placement is sat literally flat above a slotted air flow system that runs to the bottom of the base,
it's a post office deck what you're going to want to be doing his cutting your legs to 5mm using tool provided, one other things i recommend if your wrapping your own coils i'd probably suggest not going any bigger than a 3 millimetre especially if you are using thicker gauge wires or a combination of thicker cage wires, ideally fused Claptons or aliens, something that similar to coil provided (3*28g with 36g outer wire if you need point of reference).
The reason I say this is because as you notice on the deck there's a couple of clips on each end of the wicking ports, ridiculously as I sit here writing this review I notice why they are actually there (duh!! [emoji1786]), these help you shape your wicking properly so when your juice flows, can see at a bit of an angle it has she flows nice and properly but if you bulk to much cotton you can potentially cause little choke points which will literally cause dry hits.. Don't worry i got pictures where i could potentially messed up[emoji1787]. What you want to be doing here is make sure you cut your cotton quite short and make sure you have combed through quite thoroughly in my personal view.

Fitting the coil:
ok one of the bad habits I tend to have when I'm making coils is what directions do legs are going to be facing, thank christ[emoji1787] with 4 screw placements that's not an issue. As Long it's centered leaves clearance from the clips for wicking, so if you're new to this it might be good to use a coily tool to help you balance.
The screws I found a little bit tricky especially with the screwdriver provided, granted.. Most people that go to a rebuildable usually have their own set of tools, however a slightly smaller Flathead screwdriver or slightly bigger screw would have been a bit more ideal to provide because I found it tight to navigate & manipulate the screws.

Airflow - bottom & center
Having a combination of the two air flows make this absolutely ideal. I mean that way you've got so many ways from restricted direct lung if you want to fully open, even with the coil provided which only 0.37 to remind you. you get such vapour from it its incredible,

Pros:

Tons airflow
4 post, so don't have to worry about leg positions on how you wrap a coil.
Accessibility
Decent capacity
Decent flavour
Drip tip fit nicely
Well built!!! It feels like it was built to last a long time.

Cons:(more annoying point, nothing major)
Screw fitting pretty tight for screwdriver provided
Wicking may take little getting use to, especially if you are new to building
Driptip bit short - should be able to change for another just don't have spare that fit... I don't think...
Wicking easy but easy to over pack so be mindful and expect few dry hit until you get use to it. As you may notice in build picture right side has to much cotton there liquid struggles to get to coil.

My General thoughts:
ok for a single coil RTA you're looking at quite a big atty which MAY not be for everyone, to me personally I think the solo gives a lot for its size. Dual airflow system, decent capacity tank,
easy accessibility; quarter turn top cap, an independent turning piece so your NOT using airflow ring to access the deck which pretty cool in my books which reduce wear & tear over time,
I would like to have more of a turn on that piece, as I have some fat fingers so sometimes when I adjust middle airflow I sometimes unlock the device, but luckily this is well built and takes a bit more effort to access the deck. You could also argue why isn't the air flow Rings that little bit bigger because obviously in my case I accidentally unlock the deck with my fat hands[emoji38][emoji1672], but if that was the case you'd have to add a little bit more height to the deck to rectify which does not seem practical.
Generally this is actually a really good tank. It won't be the easiest thing 'at first' to learn for a Newbie however given time, once you use it it'll run like a dream!!

***I'm quite restricted on my coil making knowledge so I don't want people to take what I said about the coil you use gospel, some always a degree of movement and customisation that suits the user, in fact I'd actually quite welcome any ideas people have for whatever coils might use for my own personal knowledge to help me learn too as well as guide***

So i hope you guys enjoyed another rookie review & i hope to do another product soon [emoji869][emoji4]
12111c05fe25f63706e8db0e4b971e5a.jpg
af83c18bb6f2ae94438d2b27b2442298.jpg
1557a747e4c4bac9b16b9704ff40ccdb.jpg
d826a7097fc772ef591321146b48861f.jpg
788f45d304b00e4737a5ce204f8f3986.jpg
d6acb5332e5725dd0263abc81fd0d21f.jpg
91225daf4b949208cce60bbf8cbbfb70.jpg
2e6656d7dfb1130314370f5a247e706f.jpg
c44c9c23a47d228bdb8629c55f3fa716.jpg
d231f1a088357b374d400b4eef67b726.jpg

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Status