Help a mech wannabe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgboogie19

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Hagerstown, MD
So i got the itch after seeing all these sick shiny mech mods on here and other places and i think i really wanna get a nemesis clone. I dont have any batteries, charger or rba; currently just using mvp with various clearos. Can you all list me everything ill need including specifics on batteries and charger brands and what type of wire and wick material to get. Im prolly gonna get a kayfun clone unless someone else has a better suggestion. Also anything readily available i may need for the nemesis like the switch magnets people say helps with the button. I dont like making multiple orders so i wanna try to get it all in one shot. So i think as of now my list of what i need is hcigar nemesis clone, kayfun lite plus clone, whatever the best batteries are, best value charger, wire, wick material... thanks in advance (sorry for grammar, typing on cell phone...)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
1. Stingray Clone so you don't have to deal with tinkering with Nemesis, Infinite brand or high rated Fasttech one..it's pretty much what Nemesis should of been...if you like to tinkering around, etc go for it.
2. Sony VCT 5 or 4 , minimum of two...and please get it from legit place, that doesn't sell fake Sonys, etc
3. Kayfun clone such as Ehpro or Tobeco..if you want loser draw, get Russian 91% or Russian 91% clone
4. wick, organic cotton balls...haven't tried silica
5. Nitecore i4, for the value
6. Kanthal 28/30 gauge, goto Ebay..
7. Ohm reader like the ones you see on youtube where coil builders test out their builds
8. You might as well throw in Ehpro Trident v2 RBD...if you can build Kayfun, you can build dual coil
9. you'll need some 1/16 drill bit, mini screw driver, pliers, sharp nail cutters, etc..

What you can't buy, go read up on battery, safety, Ohm's law etc....safe than sorry

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
1. Stingray Clone so you don't have to deal with tinkering with Nemesis, Infinite brand or high rated Fasttech one..it's pretty much what Nemesis should of been...if you like to tinkering around, etc go for it.
2. Sony VCT 5 or 4 , minimum of two...and please get it from legit place, that doesn't sell fake Sonys, etc
3. Kayfun clone such as Ehpro or Tobeco..if you want loser draw, get Russian 91% or Russian 91% clone
4. wick, organic cotton balls...haven't tried silica
5. Nitecore i4, for the value
6. Kanthal 28/30 gauge, goto Ebay..
7. Ohm reader like the ones you see on youtube where coil builders test out their builds
8. You might as well throw in Ehpro Trident v2 RBD...if you can build Kayfun, you can build dual coil
9. you'll need some 1/16 drill bit, mini screw driver, pliers, sharp nail cutters, etc..

What you can't buy, go read up on battery, safety, Ohm's law etc....safe than sorry

I'm going to second what pork chop on a lot of this.

I just recieved my stingray clone (Brass from FT, white box w/out drip tip) and it's amazing for $30--comes with the magnetized switch. They also have stainless steel models but the reviews aren't that great. Keep an eye out for the black/copper models that are starting to show up.

You can buy a bunch of silica wick works ok. I prefer plain old cotton or cotton yarn. Buying Kanthal from vape sites is expensive--Ebay or nowadays even Amazon will send you a lifetime supply for $5-$10.

I have a Kayfun lite plus clone from 101 vape that I like better than what I've seen on FT--good price and fast shipping. It's the Tobeco version which gets really great reviews. Note that it has a brushed finished so it won't look as nice as something shiny, although the brass on the stingray will not remain shiny for long unless you polish it.

Pick up a couple cheap RDAs, especially if you're ording from fasttech anyway. Look for something that has good reviews, adjustable airflow, is well-made and easy to build on.

If you have an MVP 2 I think you can use it to read the resistance on your builds but having somehing like an ohm meter makes life easier because it works as a platform while you're building.

Good luck!

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
1515973_314345715385803_1260571454_a.jpg

I don't have one, but it looks a lot like this ^^^ in 18650--way shorter in 18350 of course. My Kayfun is perfectly flush. Also, you have to really look to detect the seams between the mod tubes.

The only difference is that it doesn't stay polished like that for long which is fine by me--I kind of like the patina. Really, a nicely chromed kayfun would look better on the stingray because the top cap, switch and lock ring are chromed.

But I'm more of a function over form guy. I bought the Tobeco KFL+ and Stringray, not because they look nice, because they earned the best reviews in terms of build quality and performance. Aesthetics are a bonus.

All of that said, the black/copper stringray looks pretty awesome. It's just appeared on FT although I would wait until some reviews of the various offerings roll in.

Check that--I was just reading through the offerings and the versions of the black/copper stingray that are available on FT are not getting good reviews.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread