Will I notice a difference with a mech or apv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poobaca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
new york
I've been using a mvp2 for a while now with a atoimic clone rda. I typical due a micro coil to 1.4-1.8 ohms and it has great performance. Not cloud chasing status, but much better vapor/flavor over a protank and other clearos. Lately the mvp has been acting weird though, so I think its getting towards the end of its life. Pretty much im asking if something like a nemesis clone or sigelei zmax v5 and other devices will give me better performance. As of now I dont think im gonna dabble in sub ohms yet, so I dont necessarily need a mech. I do like the size and look of them though, but like the safety and electronics of a vw device.

Eventually ill get a dna box mod when the funds are right, but for now not looking to get someting over $100 including charger and batteries.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I've been using a mvp2 for a while now with a atoimic clone rda. I typical due a micro coil to 1.4-1.8 ohms and it has great performance. Not cloud chasing status, but much better vapor/flavor over a protank and other clearos. Lately the mvp has been acting weird though, so I think its getting towards the end of its life. Pretty much im asking if something like a nemesis clone or sigelei zmax v5 and other devices will give me better performance. As of now I dont think im gonna dabble in sub ohms yet, so I dont necessarily need a mech. I do like the size and look of them though, but like the safety and electronics of a vw device.

Eventually ill get a dna box mod when the funds are right, but for now not looking to get someting over $100 including charger and batteries.

I think the main diff you would notice between a mech and a variable APV is that with a mech, the quality of the vape will decrease as the battery discharges -- less vapor the longer you use it, with no other way to tell if your battery needs charging -- so if for some reason you didn't notice the declining quality of the vape, you run the risk of over-charging your battery, thus ruining it permanently.

A variable APV will maintain the quality of the vape per your setting, and when it's time to recharge, it will let you know, or at least provide a *way* to know, other than the subtlety of declining vapor/flavor.

Andria

poobaca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
new york
To keep imy answer shot ,you can get a mech and put a kick in it then you get the awesome look and the protection :)

Yea thats something I've been thinking about, but I see the kick's are around $50 so I dunno if thats doable right now. Will a kick fit in a nemesis w/ a 18650?

I think the main diff you would notice between a mech and a variable APV is that with a mech, the quality of the vape will decrease as the battery discharges -- less vapor the longer you use it, with no other way to tell if your battery needs charging -- so if for some reason you didn't notice the declining quality of the vape, you run the risk of over-charging your battery, thus ruining it permanently.

A variable APV will maintain the quality of the vape per your setting, and when it's time to recharge, it will let you know, or at least provide a *way* to know, other than the subtlety of declining vapor/flavor.

Andria

Yea thats another reason I like vw better. Just wondering if a zmax would give me better vapor production over the mvp2.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
Yea thats something I've been thinking about, but I see the kick's are around $50 so I dunno if thats doable right now. Will a kick fit in a nemesis w/ a 18650?

Yea thats another reason I like vw better. Just wondering if a zmax would give me better vapor production over the mvp2.
I would say no, as the MVP has a better chip and should produce a smoother vape. Look up Rattlesnake Effect.

poobaca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
new york
I would say no, as the MVP has a better chip and should produce a smoother vape. Look up Rattlesnake Effect.
Thanks for that, I have read about that. It does produce a great Vape for me right now, just figured if I need to get something else might see what else is out there.

Poobaca

1) How exactly is the MVPv2 acting weird?
2) How long have you had it?

2 Options
1) DNA Hana mod (under budget)
2) REO w/kick (over budget)

When I screw my atomic on all the way it doesn't fire and resistance shoes 0.0, when I loosen it though it does fire, but will show a error code that reads l E. l. It works fine with my nautilus and other clearos. I've also tried the atomic on my buddy's mvp2 and my girlfriends I taste with no issues. So something's going on with the fireing pin I think.

Are you talking about the hana mod clone? I haven't been able to find any available, only preorders. Nervous that the mvp could die at any moment and won't be able to survive on my old ego for a few weeks lol

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

Well... all that any mech will do is hold batteries; all that any mod will do is hold batteries and give you some control over the power supplied to the atomizer. The vapor production aspect is entirely up to the atomizer, and somewhat, the e-juice used.

For truly excellent vapor production, I highly recommend one of the Kayfun variations; when I was using the smaller tanks (T3S, protank, etc), I had gotten into the habit of double- or even triple-puffing each hit I took, in order to get a good hit. With the KFL+ clone I just got, I've having to break that habit, because it chokes me to death there's so much vapor. If I take a single ordinary puff, there's PLENTY of vapor, flavor, and throat hit, so I don't need the double-puffs or triple-puffs.

Of course I believe that "dripping" is probably the "cadillac" of vapor production, if not the "mercedes" or "BMW." ;) I haven't tried it yet with a real RDA, so I can't say for sure, but that's what I hear.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

The "rattlesnake effect" is nothing but a "sound effect," if you will, but does nothing at all to the quality of the vape. If you hear it, you may *imagine* that it's affecting the vape somehow, but it actually does not.

Andria

Raths

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2014
Nebraska
I vape the nemesis with a pro tank and am very happy with it. I run my coil at 1.2 to 1.4 ohms and get good vapor and taste. I went from egos to a zmax and thought it was the best til I found the mechs. My zmax had the same problem as your mvp. The gromit is wearing out under the firing pin. Pain to fix so I put it in the "I'll deal with it later" box.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
The "rattlesnake effect" is nothing but a "sound effect," if you will, but does nothing at all to the quality of the vape. If you hear it, you may *imagine* that it's affecting the vape somehow, but it actually does not.

Andria
That could very well be the case. I don't own anything with a 33.3 Hz chip. I will admit to being a skeptic, but there's so many people here that SWEAR there's a difference in taste, that I guess I kind of bought into it. I guess, SHAME ON ME for repeating hearsay.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
That could very well be the case. I don't own anything with a 33.3 Hz chip. I will admit to being a skeptic, but there's so many people here that SWEAR there's a difference in taste, that I guess I kind of bought into it. I guess, SHAME ON ME for repeating hearsay.

It kinda wigged me out the first time I heard it, with my Sigelei v3, since I was only used to the iTaste vv3, which doesn't have it, but I've since analyzed how the vape feels, tastes, etc, and it really doesn't have any effect on the vape itself. I'm not even sure why it's called a "rattlesnake" effect; to me it sounds like the normal hiss that an atomizer makes, with a stutter. :D And I seem to only hear it if my settings are very low, 6-7.5w; if I'm set at 8w or higher, I really don't hear it at all. I also don't notice it nearly as much with my Kayfun, as I did with the other, smaller tanks. But maybe that's because the Kayfun is just generally quieter, and I hear the hissing of the airflow on it, more than I notice the sound of the atomizer.

Andria

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North

That may be for a genuine kick, but I have purchased kick clones for $10 locally (B&M). I also purchased a Smok kick for around $20 on-line. It's been so long that I can't remember where I got it. Regardless, you can find a kick for a lot less than 50 bucks, and the clone I bought works just the same as the Smok kick.

Unless you are talking about a Kick2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread